Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
d2ffa2cb68a8a4ec0b33096147cedd5b.gif
43d1c2fceeeeec49704d0a47ff3e3496.gif

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I was talking about “Witches in the Woods” - that was good. “The Binding” is worth watching too. Both were better than I anticipated.

Good call on Witches in the Woods, that was definitely a fun one. I always stan a story where the writers take care to flesh out their characters' backstories and translate it into the narrative without outright telling you. Little things like the bear hunter convo foreshadowing that you mentioned are the types of tricks I appreciate from the writers.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Good call on Witches in the Woods, that was definitely a fun one. I always stan a story where the writers take care to flesh out their characters' backstories and translate it into the narrative without outright telling you. Little things like the bear hunter convo foreshadowing that you mentioned are the types of tricks I appreciate from the writers.
This is one of those teen angst turned terror movies with an interesting plot. Did you think that Jill “lost” it from hallucinating or do you think that Alison really went crazy or was it a possession? That was kind of open ended and it’s weird that Alison came back but not Tod. Also the implied “rape/attack” scenario from the fights that had Alison traumatized from the outset.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is one of those teen angst turned terror movies with an interesting plot. Did you think that Jill “lost” it from hallucinating or do you think that Alison really went crazy or was it a possession? That was kind of open ended and it’s weird that Alison came back but not Tod. Also the implied “rape/attack” scenario from the fights that had Alison traumatized from the outset.

I definitely think there was a force at work on my first watch through. But it could go either way for sure.

The reason I think it was is because everything in the movie gets set into motion in that scene at the little gas station store. Once the page gets torn out about the witches (or maybe when it gets read), you get the tension between the football players, the bear confrontation that comes full circle and the bathroom scenario that brings back the trauma. That coulda just been the writers squeezing every ounce out of the scene, but they had time to set some of this stuff up prior but didn't.

It's possible that it was a series of coincidences but I think this is more of a Bye Bye Man style "the curse brings out your inner demons" thing. Oh yeah, also I don't think it's a coincidence that the person who can help everyone arrives the exact moment after the possessed girl dies. The timing of how they start getting into the mess and also how that final girl gets out of it (sorta) makes me think it was legit.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I must have been in a mood to punish myself after watching The Eagles shyt the bed again this week so I watched The Collection.
:stopitslime:
I said this about The Collector:
Is The Collector supposed to be something I should like? And if so, why?

It had a swiss cheese plot, the constant brutality went from mildly interesting to utterly ridiculous almost instantly and it seemed like the Writer/Director team was more focused on trying to make their idea of a "cool" horror villain than they were interested in making a good movie with a villain people just liked organically.

In summation, I found the movie to be obnoxious, boring and amateurish.
Its like they went even more overboard with making The Collector into this Mary Sue'd overpowered combo of Jigsaw/Jason Voorhees/John Wick in The Collection and it was absolutely ridiculous to watch.
This just isn't a franchise for me because I hated every second of the sequel.