Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this movie was wayyyy better than I expected -
:merchant:
the dead bear being foreshadowed at the beginning and how she was so Protective of animals Only for all of that to take place with her as the antagonist.

Random that Corbin Bleu from the Disney Channel - Jump In and High School the Musical was in this. That always throws me off when Disney Kids do the opposite character of that “wholesome fun Disney “image
:deadrose:

which movie was better than you expected? About to watch thjs love and monster shyt today so rep. Witches and the woods sound like my type of movie. Started “the super” on Netflix last night but went to sleep instead. Gonna finish it tonight. Is the binding worth the watch?

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MV5BOWFhOTc1MmYtOGYxZS00YTBmLWEwZTYtZTkwZTZmZDM2M2MwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQ2NDU3NDY@._V1_.jpg

Premise done a million and one times but well executed.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
which movie was better than you expected? About to watch thjs love and monster shyt today so rep. Witches and the woods sound like my type of movie. Started “the super” on Netflix last night but went to sleep instead. Gonna finish it tonight. Is the binding worth the watch?
Witches in The Woods was OK. I went in with very, very low expectations and it actually ended up being entertaining.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Thrillist Ranks The 55 Best Horror Movies of 2020

The Top 10:

1. The Invisible Man
2. Color Out Of Space
3. The Platform
4. La Llorona
5. Swallow
6. Host
7. Possessor
8. Antebellum
9. Underwater
10. The Dark and The Wicked

Antebellum being on the list at all is crazy but to have that bullshyt in the Top 10 just makes the entire list suspect.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Why Rob Zombie Is The Most Unique Horror Director Of The 21st Century

Why Rob Zombie Is The Most Unique Horror Director Of The 21st Century
Rob Zombie's long history as a musician is just one of the things that makes him the most unique horror director of the 21st century.

-For better or worse, Zombie sticks to his style and thematic content. He even manages to infuse his own style perfectly into his remake of John Carpenter's 1978 classic slashermovie, Halloween, which not only includes classic horror movie tropes, but also includes slices of Zombie's particular combination of horror and American culture: wicked behavior, extreme lifestyles, and rowdy individualism. He manages to convert the faceless evil of Michael Myers into a more relatable and authentic apparition that is the result of both the horrors of poverty and the brutality of an individualistic culture that places selfish personal gain over family and community.

:whoo::sas1:
Give that man his credit
JealousEarnestKomododragon-size_restricted.gif

The author of that article was reaching from start to finish but really tried it with this part:

He manages to convert the faceless evil of Michael Myers into a more relatable and authentic apparition that is the result of both the horrors of poverty and the brutality of an individualistic culture that places selfish personal gain over family and community

To come to that conclusion about Zombie's Halloween requires inserting one's own personal ideology into Zombie's paper thin/all surface trash movie to try and make it deep instead of the devoid of subtext hackery that it actually is.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Since I don't want to be too harsh and overly critical towards Rob Zombie on this beautiful Sunday I will say that his scumbag trailer trash rockabilly aesthetic would be a perfect match for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and some studio should give him a shot at Leatherface instead of the folks they have been letting make those movies for the past few years.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I was talking about “Witches in the Woods” - that was good. “The Binding” is worth watching too. Both were better than I anticipated.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Since I don't want to be too harsh and overly critical towards Rob Zombie on this beautiful Sunday I will say that his scumbag trailer trash rockabilly aesthetic would be a perfect match for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and some studio should give him a shot at Leatherface instead of the folks they have been letting make those movies for the past few years.
The master of the most backhanded compliments ever- right here ^^^
:laff::laff:
i don’t know whether to dap this, or not.
:beli::dwillhuh:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

:leostare:
whatever, I’m watching TO THE LAKE and after that I’m checking out HELSTROM. Im getting my hair done and I need to clean the house on this fine Sunday afternoon. I’ll deal with you later.
:snooze:
tenor.gif