Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I would like honorably mention Chopping Mall (1986):russ:

giphy.gif
I love Chopping Mall! It's so earnestly cheesy.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
50 Cent is getting into the horror feature film space
EkfDPPaWMAQHj_7

Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson is jumping into the horror movie space by inking a 3-feature film deal with Eli Roth and indie studio 3BlackDot.

The actor, producer and rapper's G-Unit Film & Television banner is partnering with Arts District Enterainment -- the production company headed by Roger Birnbaum, Roth and head of development Michael Besman -- while 3BlackDot will act as the financier and studio behind the film slate deal.

The deal also creatively pairs the Power executive producer for Starz with Roth, a horror film icon best known for directing and producing titles like Cabin Fever, Hostel and Hemlock Grove, and being a founder of Crypt TV.

"Both 50 and James (Frey) have never shied away from controversial, boundary-pushing material and have made massive global cultural impacts from their raw creative energy. We want to bring that same fun and danger to this new fantastic slate of elevated scary films. We want to make the movies others are too afraid to make” said Roth in a statement.

Jackson, Roth and 3BlackDot -- the co-producer and co-financier on Queen and Slim -- will collaborate on each film, while also using 3Blackdot’s in-house resources in gaming, publishing and merchandise to build out entertainment properties around each title. The film IP will be exploited as a 360-degree experience across video games, publishing and merchandise platforms.

"Eli, James, Roger, Michael, and 3BlackDot will be great partners in G-Unit Film and Television’s takeover of the horror genre. I can’t wait to show the world what we’re building," 50 Cent said in his own statement.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Good read.

I would've never thought to do those two movies as a double feature.

I did a double feature of My Bloody Valentine 3D and Silent Night that was very enjoyable just because I felt those movies were tonally similar, were holiday horror flicks and both featured Jamie King in them.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
50 Cent is getting into the horror feature film space
EkfDPPaWMAQHj_7

Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson is jumping into the horror movie space by inking a 3-feature film deal with Eli Roth and indie studio 3BlackDot.

The actor, producer and rapper's G-Unit Film & Television banner is partnering with Arts District Enterainment -- the production company headed by Roger Birnbaum, Roth and head of development Michael Besman -- while 3BlackDot will act as the financier and studio behind the film slate deal.

The deal also creatively pairs the Power executive producer for Starz with Roth, a horror film icon best known for directing and producing titles like Cabin Fever, Hostel and Hemlock Grove, and being a founder of Crypt TV.

"Both 50 and James (Frey) have never shied away from controversial, boundary-pushing material and have made massive global cultural impacts from their raw creative energy. We want to bring that same fun and danger to this new fantastic slate of elevated scary films. We want to make the movies others are too afraid to make” said Roth in a statement.

Jackson, Roth and 3BlackDot -- the co-producer and co-financier on Queen and Slim -- will collaborate on each film, while also using 3Blackdot’s in-house resources in gaming, publishing and merchandise to build out entertainment properties around each title. The film IP will be exploited as a 360-degree experience across video games, publishing and merchandise platforms.

"Eli, James, Roger, Michael, and 3BlackDot will be great partners in G-Unit Film and Television’s takeover of the horror genre. I can’t wait to show the world what we’re building," 50 Cent said in his own statement.

50 Cent and Eli Roth sound like a combo I didn't know I needed until now.

I trust this.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Good read.

I would've never thought to do those two movies as a double feature.

I did a double feature of My Bloody Valentine 3D and Silent Night that was very enjoyable just because I felt those movies were tonally similar, were holiday horror flicks and both featured Jamie King in them.
:jbhmm: never seen the silent night remake. too busy watching silent night deadly night 2

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:jbhmm: never seen the silent night remake. too busy watching silent night deadly night 2
It's not as overtly tongue in cheek as Bloody Valentine 3D but it also doesn't feel like it takes itself too seriously either.
Not a classic by any means but I am entertained by it.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
watched 2 werewolf movies over the weekend

carnivore : werewolf of London

actually a decent movie
until...... you see the werewolf .

I was like is this nikka really in a party city werewolf costume?????!!!!!:martin::patrice::hubie::russ:

and its actually a decent horror movie - good pacing , sense of dread - Bad costume kills it.
I know low budgets are a thing.... but damn, this is wild.

and then we watched Hunter's moon

Actually, this is a decent movie and nice twist in the beginning and at the end

I am going to have to finish the Basketcase re watch by myself - the wife thought it had too much fukkery and was getting grossed out by it.

Last edited:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I've been trying to imagine the types of horror flicks those two working together would come up with and I just can't quite figure it out.
That’s the uniqueness of it.

50’s got record for having his name being tied in with a film and it being good

and Eli Roth is Eli Roth.

Sounds fun

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
1. Color out of Space - 9
2. Host - 8
3. Green Room - 7
4. Sleepaway Camp - 9
5. Silent Hill - 6
6. Child's Play 2 - 8
7. Creep - 7
8. Hubie Halloween - 5.5
9. Bride of Chucky - 9
10. Curse of Chuck - 9.5
11. Cult of Chucky - 9.5
12. Child's Play - 7
13. Phantasm - 7.5
14. Scream 4 - 7
15. Psycho - 10
16. Halloween - 10

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
@Straw Hat Luffy

The Hills Have Eyes 2 was terrible. Saw it in theaters and was convinced it would at least be un par with the 2006 version, it was cheap, and bland, and ugly, just an entirely forgettable movie.

I wrote about John Carptenters Vampires a few pages back lol

terrible movie but has some charm to it for a vampire/horror fan.

I also agree the best moments in Halloween, which has never been a personal favorite of mine, are the scenes you described, with Michael behind the bushes. The atmosphere and music, and direction were just perfect. Carpenter is known for that. There's the same exact shot in Scream as an homage.