Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I watched The Wolf Of Snow Hollow last night, I liked it. I love werewolf movies, especially the ones with a murder mystery theme, of which there are far too few (good ones), I can only think of a few offhand, including some really bad ones like Silver Bullet and Bad Moon. This is a classic storytelling set up, and with another 15 million or so, could have been a masterpeice of sorts. As a meditation/satire on both masculinity/anger, plus 80's horror movies, it's pretty fun. The murder mystery, had I paid closer attention is pretty well done.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Fam, keep you eyes out for this one Anything for Jackson

Anything for Jackson (2020) - IMDb

A bereaved Satanist couple kidnap a pregnant woman so they can use an ancient spellbook to put their dead grandson's spirit into her unborn child but end up summoning more than they bargained for.

The synopsis is perfect fam. The main characters come across as a nice old couple that just gets in over their heads. The haunts are all practical effects done really, really well. This could easily slip into more comedy than horror territory, but it doesn't. The ghosts and the events surrounding this are treated with gravity and as the couple loses control, things escalate accordingly.

What I especially liked is that there are really touching moments that make you feel for characters or at least understand them more and then it catches you completely off guard with a sudden jolt for a scare. It's not jump scares, it's juxtaposing moments where the characters are really vulnerable with moments where they're under high stress.

It's got really good scares; great ghost/apparition designs; and a cast that somehow manages to make you empathize with them even while they do something so dark.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
1. Color out of Space - 9
2. Host - 8
3. Green Room - 7
4. Sleepaway Camp - 9
5. Silent Hill - 6
6. Child's Play 2 - 8
7. Creep - 7
8. Hubie Halloween - 5.5
9. Bride of Chucky - 9
10. Curse of Chuck - 9.5
11. Cult of Chucky - 9.5

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
1. Color out of Space - 9
2. Host - 8
3. Green Room - 7
4. Sleepaway Camp - 9
5. Silent Hill - 6
6. Child's Play 2 - 8
7. Creep - 7
8. Hubie Halloween - 5.5
9. Bride of Chucky - 9
10. Curse of Chuck - 9.5
11. Cult of Chucky - 9.5
You wildin with them last two Chucky ratings!

:russ:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I thought Guini Pig was only some Japanese shyt???

Regardless.
That shyt is GROSS!