Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Seen this 3 or 4 times. Never sober lol
Movies like "Rubber" and "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" are movies that we need sometimes.
Even as a kid I had to shut my brain off from the nonsense in the real world.
There was also a Killer Condom movie. Not sure if that was the actual name.
They had mad inanimate objects movies at one point. Lol

And yes.
I am high pretty much high everytime i watch these movies again.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Good read even though I'm not a fan of either of those movies.
I actually liked the original Hills though mainly because of this guy:
3f378223ababc60f810cad50ec5e5974.jpg

Dude saved them all sorts of money on prosthetics.
Also I thought Lynn's death scene in Hills 2006 was a bit overdone with the sucking breast milk from her and stuff.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Movies like "Rubber" and "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" are movies that we need sometimes.

And yes.
That Killer Condom movie was hilarious!
"It's the rubber that rubs you out!":russ:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Good read even though I'm not a fan of either of those movies.
I actually liked the original Hills though mainly because of this guy:
3f378223ababc60f810cad50ec5e5974.jpg

Dude saved them all sorts of money on prosthetics.
Also I thought Lynn's death scene in Hills 2006 was a bit overdone with the sucking breast milk from her and stuff.
I heard this dude is a really nice guy.

Daps
Reppin
Denver

And yes.
These are the type of movies that I used to put on as parties were winding down with out giving anybody any background. I loved watching people get to the WTF am I watching state like 5 mins in

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Definitely 2 standouts of the 00's remakes. I stan TCM and the influence it wields to this day. I'm glad you used the foreign director connection too, it's dope to explore how the unique perspectives can influence how a story is delivered and these are two cases that it definitely worked well.

I got my TCM lineage fix from the Nightstream movies with this joint called Honeydew...

Honeydew (2020) - IMDb

Strange cravings and hallucinations befall a young couple after seeking shelter in the home of an aging farmer and her peculiar son.

Extra stylish with the way its directed and cut together. The plot is...weird...but that's Chainsaw lineage for you. It's a solid addition to the genre, complete with some dinner table madness and a crazy family head performing the hell out of her role. Midsommar drug trips meet Psycho Backwoods Family mindgame tropes.

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
So who else was not pleased with The Haunting of Bly Manor?

This one was a chore to get through.

The restrained gothic British horror vibe is not something I'm that big a fan of as a rule anyway but even by that metric this series was slow as hell.
Hannah's story was so disappointing...they were setting it up like she was going to have a big role in saving the day and instead she just got Halloran'd.
Carla Gugino was doing the absolute shyttiest British accent I have ever heard and it was distracting.
The ghost angle was overly convoluted and never really delivered.

Here's hoping Mike Flanagan course corrects for the third season if there is one.
i actually like this season better than the last season. I like British gothic slow burns and haunting. I’m getting an “Others” vibe from this. I’m up to ep 7, so I’ll wait to reserve my opinion on it until I’m finished. Suspenseful but I’m getting confused as to wtf is going on with the children’s first au pair, Rebecca with her in the lake and is Henry possessing Miles? I have the hint from Flora because she keeps saying that she’s supposed to be 8 yrs old, I don’t like where they’re taking Hannah’s storyline either.

Americans do the worst of the worst British accents historically so that I’m not surprised about. And British accents copying Americans always sound like a New York accent to me lol. The man from ET is doing a good job with his accent. That damn cockney accent from the gardener is making my ears bleed - I can’t stand the way she talks. I fast forward through her parts bc she’s seems like filler material for Dani anyway.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Watched 2 movies today while I was supposed to be working.

Wolfen: The best movie about a pack of magical Native American wolf spirits fighting to stop the gentrification of 1980s inner city New York ever made.

Phenomena: Not Argento's best but I did dig the Claudio Simonetti synth soundtrack. It was pretty damn weird though with the chimpanzee who loved sharp objects, serial killer, deformed monster boy and girl who controls insects with her mind.