Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
haven't watched as much as i wanted too so far this month
been catching some stuff on AMC

but did manage to watch
Maniac cop 1,2, 3 - (1 and 2 are classic, 3 is horrible)

Octopus 1& 2 (syfy before syfy)

the wolf of snow hill ( if 3 billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri was a horror movie)

been thinking about watching The deep ones ( has anyone watched this yet --- lovecraft movie)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I read Roger Ebert's review for Motel Hell when I was probably 11 or 12, in one of his movie review books I found in my Grandma's house, I never saw the movie, but I remember that review, and the plot of the film.

Here it is for anyone interested

Motel Hell movie review & film summary (1980) | Roger Ebert
Ebert hit the nail on the head when he described Motel Hell as "it's to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre as Airplane! is to Airport".

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So who else was not pleased with The Haunting of Bly Manor?

This one was a chore to get through.

The restrained gothic British horror vibe is not something I'm that big a fan of as a rule anyway but even by that metric this series was slow as hell.
Hannah's story was so disappointing...they were setting it up like she was going to have a big role in saving the day and instead she just got Halloran'd.
Carla Gugino was doing the absolute shyttiest British accent I have ever heard and it was distracting.
The ghost angle was overly convoluted and never really delivered.

Here's hoping Mike Flanagan course corrects for the third season if there is one.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
caught this one on the treadmill this morning

we converted one of the bedrooms to a workout room - and have projector mounted to the ceiling
Its like walking on a treadmill in a movie theater

the bridge curse
from taiwan - typical asian haunted location movie -a few jump scares, decent twist at the end.

if you like asian horror, it does absolutly nothing to push the envelope , but is a decent film.

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So who else was not pleased with The Haunting of Bly Manor?

This one was a chore to get through.

The restrained gothic British horror vibe is not something I'm that big a fan of as a rule anyway but even by that metric this series was slow as hell.
Hannah's story was so disappointing...they were setting it up like she was going to have a big role in saving the day and instead she just got Halloran'd.
Carla Gugino was doing the absolute shyttiest British accent I have ever heard and it was distracting.
The ghost angle was overly convoluted and never really delivered.

Here's hoping Mike Flanagan course corrects for the third season if there is one.
Unfortunately I feel the same as you. It was disappointing and extremely slow, which I enjoy build ups and a sense of ambience, but the reward has to be worth it. Great cast, but story was underwhelming in its delivery

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Ok this movie is the dumbest shyt you probably will ever watch . Like ridiculously stupid. A tire going around making people’s heads explode lol. But if you high or drunk and want some humor it might be worth your while for cheap laughs. The ridiculousness of it makes it entertaining

Daps
Reppin
Denver

Ok this movie is the dumbest shyt you probably will ever watch . Like ridiculously stupid. A tire going around making people’s heads explode lol. But if you high or drunk and want some humor it might be worth your while for cheap laughs. The ridiculousness of it makes it entertaining

Seen this 3 or 4 times. Never sober lol

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Unfortunately I feel the same as you. It was disappointing and extremely slow, which I enjoy build ups and a sense of ambience, but the reward has to be worth it. Great cast, but story was underwhelming in its delivery
I agree that a slow burn can be enjoyable if the pay off delivers but everything about this series was so tepid including the pay off.
I was really hyped for it too but it was just a disappointment.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Rubber is definitely one of the stupidest movies ever made.