Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The 2nd season had the most compelling characters, and back story, plus a nod to the classic, classic slasher genre tropes.

@Jello Biafra
Season 2 was the season that felt the most like a slasher movie but I found Saadia from Season 3 to be more compelling than just about the entire casts of Season 1 and 2.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Can we discuss watching horror films with a group of people vs watching them alone? I feel like unless you're watching a horror comedy a group of people seem to ruin a good serious horror film. In groups people handle fear or anxiety by making jokes or not taking things seriously, especially when we're just at someone's crib smoking an drinking beers and not in a theater setting. However when you're alone there are no external outlets to drain your anxiety or fear and you can take it serious and be immersed and truly horrified.
The two worst experiences I ever had at the movies was for the Friday the 13th remake and one of the Insidious movies (I forget which one) where a couple of the people in the theater must have been scared shytless and felt the need to make bad jokes to make themselves feel better I guess.
By the end of the Friday movie half the theater was shushing and one dude even yelled "Shut the fukk up!" at the person.

But usually a crowd adds to the enjoyment of watching a horror movie.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This is literally the movie my friends were doing this during. I eventually screamed at my homey "SHUT THE fukk UP!!!!!!!!! THE MOVIE IS ALMOST OVER, JUST SHUT THE fukk UP THEN YOU CAN TALK!!" lmao. These motherfukkers completely failed the scaretober movie experiment. :snoop: so next time we're watching Evil Dead.

When i watched hereditary alone it was one of the most disturbing movie experiences ever. Wanted to share that with friends. never again. I'll just tell them to watch it alone.
I wasn't feeling work on the Friday that Hereditary came out and left work early to go see it.
I was all alone in the movie theater and that added to the eeriness of the movie.
But I hate when people I go to a movie with talk during the film. One time a friend was talking too much during a movie so I told her I was going to the bathroom but instead went and got a new popcorn and soda and came back and sat in a different part of the theater. She was blowing my phone up texting and calling me!:russ:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Watched cube last night (for the first time) and motel hell (for the first time)

Enjoyed them both, motel hell more than cube, which went some places I didn’t think it needed to go in terms of story. And the scares stopped after a while too to focus on some interpersonal stuff that was okay but not great.

Motel hell is insane lol. Definitely a horror comedy worth checking out. Doesn’t hold back on the blood, and has possibly the worst chainsaw fight I’ve ever seen. Actually the only chainsaw fight I’ve ever seen and it should never be done again. It’s a weird movie though, more so than cube.

Motel hell seems appropriate for this group. Cube is cool for a couple scenes, specifically the opening scene, and all the set pieces.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Wwtching this joint called "The Cleansing Hour" on SHUDDER.
This is kinda ill!!!!

:ehh:

When that chick was giving buddy top thats gonna scare the shyt outa you!!!

:russ:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Watched cube last night (for the first time) and motel hell (for the first time)

Enjoyed them both, motel hell more than cube, which went some places I didn’t think it needed to go in terms of story. And the scares stopped after a while too to focus on some interpersonal stuff that was okay but not great.

Motel hell is insane lol. Definitely a horror comedy worth checking out. Doesn’t hold back on the blood, and has possibly the worst chainsaw fight I’ve ever seen. Actually the only chainsaw fight I’ve ever seen and it should never be done again. It’s a weird movie though, more so than cube.

Motel hell seems appropriate for this group. Cube is cool for a couple scenes, specifically the opening scene, and all the set pieces.
Motel Hell is one of my personal favorite movies specifically for how batshyt it is.