Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
PBS Announces Special Documentary ‘Exhumed: A History of Zombies’ for Halloween Eve Premiere
TV

Even PBS is getting into the Halloween spirit this year with the launch of Exhumed: A History of Zombies, a new special presented by PBS Digital Studios’ popular series “Monstrum.” The one-hour documentary will premiere on Friday, October 30 at 10:00 p.m. ET (check local listings) on PBS, PBS.org and the PBS Video App.

Exhumed is written and presented by Monstrum’s Dr. Emily Zarka. She’ll take audiences deep into the lore of the zombie throughout American history, examining zombie legends and tales to share what these creatures reveal about shifts in society, history and our deepest anxieties. The series also provides unique insight into America’s dark past of slavery and foreign occupation, as well as modern-day uncertainties about pandemics and bioterrorism.

“We can learn a lot about our culture by exploring the monsters we invent,” said Zarka. “Looking at the portrayal of zombies over the past two centuries, we can witness the evolving issues and anxieties Americans have faced.”

In the special, Zarka interviews experts, spiritual practitioners and academics, uncovering the historical roots of zombie folklore, including African spiritual practices, the Transatlantic slave trade, and Haitian Vodou and Voodoo beliefs. She also explores popular culture to witness how the monster has evolved to reflect different eras of American history as it became a staple of films, television and video games. Zombie stories over the decades represented a range of fears, including nuclear weapons, overpopulation and political uprisings.

PBS Announces Special Documentary ‘Exhumed: A History of Zombies’ for Halloween Eve Premiere

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
‘Resident Evil’ Feature Film Reboot Will Go Back to Scary Roots of First Two Games; Cast Announced!

I never played the games but I’ve watched the movies.

There’s quite a bit happening in the world of Resident Evil right now, with new game Resident Evil Village on the way, and Netflix developing both a live-action series and an animated series. Additionally, Johannes Roberts (47 Meters Down, The Strangers: Prey at Night) is directing a feature film reboot for Constantin Film, and we’ve got casting news today.

The “origin story adaptation” of the games is set in Rac00n City in 1998, Deadline reports.

The cast includes Kaya Scodelario (Crawl) as Claire Redfield alongside Hannah John-Kamen (Ant-Man and the Wasp) as Jill Valentine, Robbie Amell (Upload) as Chris Redfield, Tom Hopper (The Umbrella Academy) as Albert Wesker, Avan Jogia(Zombieland: Double Tap) as Leon S. Kennedy, and Neal McDonough(Yellowstone) as William Birkin.

With this movie, I really wanted to go back to the original first two games and recreate the terrifying visceral experience I had when I first played them whilst at the same time telling a grounded human story about a small dying American town that feels both relatable and relevant to today’s audiences,” said Roberts in a statement shared by Deadline.

The movie will be releasing theatrically in 2021, and it’s said to kick off “a new universe inspired by storylines and characters from Capcom’s classic Resident Evil games.”

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This looks fun to do . 31 days of horror challenge. Watch a movie that cooresponds to the day listed.

Today would be 7. Gothic.
(Examples -Dracula, Sleepy Hollow, Resident Evil, Black Sabbath, Crimson Peak, The Craft, The Others)
EjqnmnuXsAIYLN-

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Bone Tomohawk is one of those, what I refer to as “tragedy horror” that lingering feeling of waiting for what you know will happen - whatever decision that you make will lead to one outcome but your sense of values feels like you couldn’t live with yourself or be seen as a selfish coward if you made alternative choices.

Yeah, that definitely felt like a "march to certain doom" type of flick. The director did Brawl in Cell Block 99 also which isn't horror but is visceral and hyper violent (the most bad ass any Vince Vaughn character has ever been by a mile). I like that he takes time to let you get familiar with the key characters and the world you're watching before throwing it all into chaos with both movies. The conversations during the trip to find the cannibals were my favorite parts.

I like the 13th Warrior vibe that the action and cave sequences had for this (one of my all time favorite action movies). The amount of grey area for everyone but the grave robbers is pretty fire too. Everyone acted out of duty, including the "cannibals." The mayor's killer was an a-hole but did his job; the natives reacted to desecration of their land. That sorta stuff is dope to me. That whistle in the throat thing is memorable as hell too.

Big thumbs up for this one. More action than horror in my book but a nice blend of wild west, action and some horror elements.