Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
What's this about?
Not sure. I’ll look up the details to let you know and When i watch it later. I’m already procrastinating from doing actual work watching, Black Box - I’m taking an “extended lunch”, until I log back in at 4; the benefits of remote work
:lolbron::popcorn:
Until it all piles up and I’m up til 11pm playing catch up - the gift and the curse
:aicmon:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Couple of entries into my “that was disappointing” section...Hallowed Be Thy Name and Death of me. Death of Me has a dope starting concept too (a couple wakes up hung over and can’t remember the night before, they find a camera with footage of the night before and it shows the husband murdering and burying the wife despite them both being alive)...but it’s basically just another in the pantheon of “foreign places are strange and creepy” films.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Dark & The Wicked
US Release Date: November 6, 2020
Starring: Marin Ireland, Michael Abbott Jr., Xander Berkeley Directed By: Bryan Bertino
Synopsis: On a secluded farm in a nondescript rural town, a man is slowly dying. His family gathers to mourn, and soon a darkness grows, marked by waking nightmares and a growing sense that something evil is taking over the family.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This looks fun to do . 31 days of horror challenge. Watch a movie that cooresponds to the day listed.

Today would be 7. Gothic.
(Examples -Dracula, Sleepy Hollow, Resident Evil, Black Sabbath, Crimson Peak, The Craft, The Others)
EjqnmnuXsAIYLN-
I might throw my list in the bushes and use this for the rest of the month.
I like the randomness of it.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Tales From the Hood 3 was pretty good if Im being honest.

The one with mama from A Thin Red Line was probably my favorite story.

7/10

You mean A Thin Line Between Love and Hate right? With Lynn Whitfield?
A Thin Red Line is an all white war movie.

I like Tales 3 too:
Checked out Tales From The Hood 3 this morning...it is a much better movie than Tales 2 (which I was not a fan of).

Segment 1: Entertaining ghost story
Segment 2: Corny but amusing
Segment 3: Kinda meh but Lynn Whitfield was good in it
Segment 4: Absolutely hilarious
Wraparound story: Took a surprising turn but was OK plus its always cool to see Tony Todd in a horror flick

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Watched The Faculty and it was still enjoyable even though the cliched 1990s teen movie stuff is pretty laughable. One thing that hit me though was that all of the teenagers in that movie have gone on to be in all sorts of stuff right up till today yet I can't think of anything Laura Harris (who played the head alien) has been in since The Faculty except for her being in the second or third season of 24.

DirectThirdLeech-max-1mb.gif

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
So my VS threads get no love. :francis::unimpressed:
:gucci:
i did mention you. I always acknowledge your threads and comments.

Is it not enough that I basically acknowledged all the og thread posters that have been commenting consistently on this thread for almost 3 years.
tenor.gif

As per usual, all of my appreciation is never appreciated on here. I’m shocked. They only miss you when you’re gone, it seems- maybe I should just disappear. My bad for taking the time out for being nice and thankful, since all people do is want to recognize what they want to see or read. I never get thanked around here but you don’t see me complaining - I’ve been dissed, overlooked, gone, slanderized and forgotten at times but I keep looking out only for people to not reciprocate. But it’s ok, I don’t expect nothing - I’m going to keep being me. People want to beef when you try to do right, but I’m the one that’s wrong though.
:unimpressed:
Y’all play practical jokes at my expense, have me watching the wrong movies, diss the great content creators, ROBbing me of my movies that I like, since the MIDdle of Summer 2018, still I ride out.
:unimpressed:

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Owners (2020) - IMDb

Owners was a pleasant surprise fam. Every time I felt like it was going one direction, it would veer someplace else and stress me out again. Arya Stark did a damned good job but the Doctor and his wife stole the show with their performances. I always tell yall that building tension makes for the best horror experiences to me, this one knocks that out the park.