Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Craft (1996)

thecraftwall.jpg

Decent film. The casting here is the perfect example of when you watch an older movie and you notice all the actors from different shyt.

But yo. Is this movie the reason why my generation had an emo/goth girl phase/sexual attraction? Don't think I really see that shyt nowadays from the younger folks.

The Final Girls 2015
919FVV9r5GL._SY679_.jpg

One of the best feelings ever as a movie watcher is finding hidden gems. I feel like this is a hidden gem for the horror genre. I mean I assume it's hidden since I've never heard anyone talk about it nor did I know the existence of the film until this week. So fukking funny and creative. A great watch and it might be a personal fav of mine. IDK yet I might have to do a few rewatches. Again, love when I come across films I didn't expect to enjoy so much.

Fright Night 2011
latest

Didn't know there was a remake. The only reason why I found out about it was due to lurking the lasting movies watched thread. But the movie itself was fine. I noticed a lot of negatives that I had to let slide and enjoy the film for what it was. The original blows this out the park for sure. I didn't like McLovin's role in this film. Toni Collette didn't do so well in this either imo. This compared to Hereditary is night and day. But I do have to keep in mind these are years apart and maybe she took a giant leap with her acting skills between then.

Still wild Anton Yelchin is dead. Dude was talented as fukk at acting. It makes you wonder what his career would be like now if it wasn't for his freak accident.

Resident Evil 2002
IDO_RE1.jpg

I stayed away from this series for so long since I assumed the film couldn't live up to the video game franchise. But not fukking bad! I really enjoyed this movie. Milla Jovovich was basically born for this role. It's wild how Hollywood finds the perfect person for particular roles. I totally see why there is a shyt ton o RE movies. I was going to watch the rest of them but NONE of them are offered on Amazon. WTF
I’m down with all of these. I like the fright night remake more than the original, and always felt the first resident evil is slept on. The mood and tone of that movie is perfect. I wish the series held that down but it is what it is. The first one is solid.

And final girls made me cry lol. Love that movie

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:demonic:I have my own movie yall :ohhh:
:deadrose:
Right in time for Halloween

maxresdefault.jpg

Inspired by true events. Based on @Jello Biafra ‘s history of speed dating and swiping left too many times. Legend has it, Jello thought it was a good idea to write a 10 paragraph Diatribe condemning Various movies that she likes, she didn’t take very kindly to it so she took retaliation into her hands and ended up having his ass misery-ed. Jello’s friend @MartyMcFly became an unwitting victim to the sinister chain of events when he tried to intervene. I give this movie 5 stars
:ohlawd:

There’s a Nicole Pt 2 coming soon starring @The Hierophant . In this one, same scenario. Except he is tortured hostel style. The main character, Nicole scours Film discussion boards and enacts revenge against those with opposing horror movie reviews. Not to spoil the movie but he was found wearing a bear suit at the crime scene. Brought to you by Bobbie Zomb and Les Craven Productions.

:russ:
tumblr_nyvzjt9hvz1rkvl19o1_400.gif

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Really good discussions and very interesting commentary, engaging write ups in here everybody!!! Nice to see all of the summaries/opinions/post ups from both the daily contributors and new to this thread additions that pop in.
:obama:
Besides The Root, The Horror Thread is the sanest and more objective places on this site - the irony and the dualities.
:whew::deadrose:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Final Girls 2015
919FVV9r5GL._SY679_.jpg

One of the best feelings ever as a movie watcher is finding hidden gems. I feel like this is a hidden gem for the horror genre. I mean I assume it's hidden since I've never heard anyone talk about it nor did I know the existence of the film until this week. So fukking funny and creative. A great watch and it might be a personal fav of mine. IDK yet I might have to do a few rewatches. Again, love when I come across films I didn't expect to enjoy so much.

Yeah, this is one of my favorite films to suggest to horror heads that have never seen it. I'm always a fan of good deconstruction and this one had a loaded cast too boot. I have no idea how it never gained traction, it should at least have some cult status imo. Another sleeper deconstruction flick in a similar vein is "You Might be the Killer." It's not as good as the Final Girls but still a solid one in its own right imo.

It bugs me out that there aren't more of these deconstruction gems; the good ones are always great (Tuck and Dale vs Evil; Shaun of the Dead). Also...I feel like a majority of them take on slashers. A Lovecraftian or Gothic Horror deconstruction would probably be difficult but I think there's a GANG of unmined material available.

The Final Girls was one of my favorite horror movies of 2015 and I really don't get why it wasn't better received. It starred a lot of white people from CW type shows that should have guaranteed it a built in audience.
And I really do love movies that deconstruct horror...the ones you mention are favorites of mine. I would add Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon and Cabin In The woods to the list too.

Fun Fact: The same year that The Finals Girls came out there was another movie released that summer called Final Girl starring Abigail Breslin. I wonder if that caused some confusion?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I’m down with all of these. I like the fright night remake more than the original, and always felt the first resident evil is slept on. The mood and tone of that movie is perfect. I wish the series held that down but it is what it is. The first one is solid.

I love both of those movies but give the OG Fright Night the slight edge when comparing.
'85 Charlie was better than '11 Charlie but Colin Farrell's Jerry was a million times better than Chris Sarandon's Jerry.
The '85 movie wins outright with its versions of Peter Vincent, Amy and Evil Ed though.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
:demonic:I have my own movie yall :ohhh:
:deadrose:
Right in time for Halloween

maxresdefault.jpg

Inspired by true events. Based on @Jello Biafra ‘s history of speed dating and swiping left too many times. Legend has it, Jello thought it was a good idea to write a 10 paragraph Diatribe condemning Various movies that she likes, she didn’t take very kindly to it so she took retaliation into her hands and ended up having his ass misery-ed. Jello’s friend @MartyMcFly became an unwitting victim to the sinister chain of events when he tried to intervene. I give this movie 5 stars
:ohlawd:

There’s a Nicole Pt 2 coming soon starring @The Hierophant . In this one, same scenario. Except he is tortured hostel style. The main character, Nicole scours Film discussion boards and enacts revenge against those with opposing horror movie reviews. Not to spoil the movie but he was found wearing a bear suit at the crime scene. Brought to you by Bobbie Zomb and Les Craven Productions.

if I Directed the cut it would feature a bunch of virgin ass losers turned into zombies aka mama's basement fiends chasing Nicole..

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps

I'm a have to rewatch the original tonight. The remake is enjoyable but Christopher Mintz-Plasse heel turn in the film was cringe. Dude was even a total jobber as a vampire. And I thought Toni Collette was trash in this as well. I'm actually surprised that she's the same woman in Hereditary. Also felt like David Franco and the other kids in the film could have been mixed into the story better.

There were some moments that felt over the top, which felt left field, and then there were moments that had me like :shaq2:.

Peter Vincent girl gets murdered but he doesn't give af and he's allowing Charley and Amy to bang on his floor at the end :heh:.

That giant ass explosion to the house and no cops ever get involved nor do the neighbors care:dahell:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
if I Directed the cut it would feature a bunch of virgin ass losers turned into zombies aka mama's basement fiends chasing Nicole..
:whoa::deadrose:..
not zombies :damn::damn:...you’re trying to George Romero my script
:damn:
I like the concept of a slow effective psychological torture so that I can mind game them into compliance mk ultra style with a false sense of security and watch in the cut until they have a complete mental break
tenor.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@Jello Biafra that movie you told me about based on Nurse Ratched is steaming on Netflix!! ABout to give it a watch this week - I’ll let you know my thoughts since I’m also streaming Nurse Ratched
Info Page: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Here is all the information you need about "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" on American Netflix. Details include the date it was added to Netflix in the US.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@Jello Biafra that movie you told me about based on Nurse Ratched is steaming on Netflix!! ABout to give it a watch this week - I’ll let you know my thoughts since I’m also streaming Nurse Ratched
Here is all the information you need about "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" on American Netflix. Details include the date it was added to Netflix in the US.
@Jello Biafra i watched the first 30 mins of this so far - Danny Devito from always sunny is in this too? Lol- I thought he looked familiar. Jack Nicholson is creepy - this would never stand up to the politically correct fest of current times with the way that he was describing that girl, he’s creepy
:scust::huhldup:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hold up - it just clicked for me that this is the same actor from The Shining :ohhh: