Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
-cont-
Basically Candyman was an allegory to housing conditions in the projects of Chicago.
“Director Bernard Rose has always been adamant about his desire to give his film social undertones and bring light to real life issues through the horror. In a 1992 article in Fangoria magazine entitled “Demons of the Mind” he stated, “My element of social criticism asks how people can be expected to live in squalor, because the housing authority has allowed Cabrini Green to rot instead of trying to maintain it.” Growing up in New York City, I have been to my fair share of housing projects in my life, some good, some bad”
http://www.truehorror.net/articles/cabrini-green-the-true-horror-of-candyman/

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Fright Night 1985
MV5BYTBlOTEzZjYtZTlmMC00OTYyLWIyMTAtNzMzZTRhNzU1YzAyL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR65,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Yeah, I'm sticking by the original being better than the remake. The conflict of Charley accidentally eavesdropping on Jerry better than Jerry killing everyone in the neighborhood. The remake casting is okay but only carried by Anton and Colin. Everyone in the OG kills it. Ed's character is so bad at his role that it's good. I also like the idea of Peter Vincent being more Elvira than David Blaine chillen in Las Vegas. Also, the vampire design in the OG is a shyt times better.

Silent Hill 2006
Silent_Hill_film_poster.jpg

Did this film follow the video game faithfully? I've never played it. The film was okay, and I do feel as if a second watch would make it more enjoyable. But the beginning didn't click with me. Felt forced and rushed. Almost thought about turning it off for the first 20 mins. But after that, I got into it once shyt really started popping off.
Didn't know that was Laurie Holden until she took the helmet off lmao. Didn't realize how she's basically an honorable mention horror queen on a small scale. Radha Mitchell and Sean Bean are whatever to me. The best acting in horror always seems to be old ladies for some reason but yo she killed it. Like I said okay film not really something I'd watch again. Still want to know if the story resembles the game since it's series name goes hand and hand with Resident Evil.

Predator 1987
Predator_Movie.jpg

This movie is epic. The 80s highly is reminisced for horror and action films. This one has a great blend of both. Arnold in his prime acting days makes you realize how a lot of movie stars don't got the juice. A great backup casting and this is the first time I have seen the :ufdup: outside of Menace 2 Society. It has everything else you want too. The comedy, memes, Quotables.

:whew::whew::whew::whew::whew:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
thank you. I have so many ideas but I keep getting distracted or having to prioritize.

You’re actually being nice to me
:picard::picard:
Good looking out :handshake:

:wtb:What are you up to??ive known you for 2 yrs in here to fall for the set up. Your niceness is a precursor. ill just sit back and wait for it.
:beli:
Here's another one:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Here's another one:

Copping both and seeing which one works best. Deals and more deals.
You put me on to that “Fat Kid Deals” Twitter page. I spent most of the night scrolling through and ordering stuff from amazon with discount codes that I didn’t know I needed
:mjlol: That dude running that account is hilarious with the one liners
:deadmanny:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Silent Hill 2006
Silent_Hill_film_poster.jpg

Did this film follow the video game faithfully? I've never played it. The film was okay, and I do feel as if a second watch would make it more enjoyable. But the beginning didn't click with me. Felt forced and rushed. Almost thought about turning it off for the first 20 mins. But after that, I got into it once shyt really started popping off.
Didn't know that was Laurie Holden until she took the helmet off lmao. Didn't realize how she's basically an honorable mention horror queen on a small scale. Radha Mitchell and Sean Bean are whatever to me. The best acting in horror always seems to be old ladies for some reason but yo she killed it. Like I said okay film not really something I'd watch again. Still want to know if the story resembles the game since it's series name goes hand and hand with Resident Evil.

It's closer to the storyline than the RE movies, but really only takes broad strokes and key figures from the characters to produce its own spin. I think the Silent Hill movies get a bit underrated for the simple fact that they don't come close to the impact, story or experience of playing ANY of the first three Silent Hill games.

I'm not sure how those games holds up any more. They had clunky controls and compared to today the graphics would look horrendous. But I can say that without a doubt, SH 1 and 2 were the most incredible horror games I've ever experienced when they first came out. I had to play with friends because they were so damned scary and disorienting; the plots are incredibly deep.

What I'd say is missing in the movies is that the movies make the threats feel a lot more external imo. Silent Hill in the games is the protagonist's own personal hell and there are hints that other people he/she encounters are experiencing their own personal hells as well. Every monster in Silent Hill 2 correlates to the psychological trauma and the personal experiences of the protagonist (I think it's Harry in that one). Pyramid head, as creepy as he is in the movie, is MUCH scarier in the games but also constantly plays with a motif of being a reflection of Harry's dark side.

So while the movies do a lot of good and capture some things incredibly well from the game. The game is just afforded way more time to set you up for heavy psychological horror that I haven't forgotten decades after my first time beating it.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
It's closer to the storyline than the RE movies, but really only takes broad strokes and key figures from the characters to produce its own spin. I think the Silent Hill movies get a bit underrated for the simple fact that they don't come close to the impact, story or experience of playing ANY of the first three Silent Hill games.

I'm not sure how those games holds up any more. They had clunky controls and compared to today the graphics would look horrendous. But I can say that without a doubt, SH 1 and 2 were the most incredible horror games I've ever experienced when they first came out. I had to play with friends because they were so damned scary and disorienting; the plots are incredibly deep.

What I'd say is missing in the movies is that the movies make the threats feel a lot more external imo. Silent Hill in the games is the protagonist's own personal hell and there are hints that other people he/she encounters are experiencing their own personal hells as well. Every monster in Silent Hill 2 correlates to the psychological trauma and the personal experiences of the protagonist (I think it's Harry in that one). Pyramid head, as creepy as he is in the movie, is MUCH scarier in the games but also constantly plays with a motif of being a reflection of Harry's dark side.

So while the movies do a lot of good and capture some things incredibly well from the game. The game is just afforded way more time to set you up for heavy psychological horror that I haven't forgotten decades after my first time beating it.
This makes me want to play them now :wow:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
You put me on to that “Fat Kid Deals” Twitter page. I spent most of the night scrolling through and ordering stuff from amazon with discount codes that I didn’t know I needed
That account has had me doing more impulse buying for shyt I don't need than I ever thought possible.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Just bought this 5 minutes...gonna wear this over my regular face mask when I go to the store all through October.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just bought this 5 minutes...gonna wear this over my regular face mask when I go to the store all through October.

:dead::dead:-
I need a good costume idea - even it’s just to scare my kids
:ld:
it’s almost that time, social distancing may have cancelled Halloween festivities but they can’t cancel the Halloween spirit.
:stylin: Let’s get it ....
FED223DAFD22CB4BCF8E300C11F2989523033305

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

I’m blowing my budget. that site is like buying toys online but for adults like me with the impulse buying.
Copped
:myman:

images