Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i wouldn't mind a remake of JEEPERS CREEPERS..

more creepy, more killings, and a bit of background texture with the creeper.

I really love the first half hour or so of Jeepers Creepers...and then I feel like it just gets weaker and weaker from then on. Definitely a good candidate for a reimagining, especially with how intense I recall the opening being when we really only see the truck and lair.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@Jello Biafra @Flex Grossman @LaBellaNicole0416.NYC speaking of sacred cows

Neve Campbell will return to face her nemesis in Scream 5

Anyway, I understand both sides of this debate. on one hand, these are beloved characters and its great seeing them because its warm and feels good. on the other hand, they're beloved characters and if you really want to shake something up and start anew, you have to get them off the board and what better way to show the audience you mean business than by killing them?

unless you want to truly give them a happy ending, which they've earned, it strains credibility to say these characters keep surviving and can lead to a staleness in the franchise. If there's a way to walk that line, then I'm all for it. But Scream has to endure for a different generation and they need characters of their own to identify with. Like I said before, eventually the series will spin into the same cluster fukk Halloween did by making it a soap opera about the Prescott family and anyone not related to or within vicinity of Sidney is cool. It was even a joke in Scream 4 of how she was the angel of death.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Anyway, I understand both sides of this debate. on one hand, these are beloved characters and its great seeing them because its warm and feels good. on the other hand, they're beloved characters and if you really want to shake something up and start anew, you have to get them off the board and what better way to show the audience you mean business than by killing them?

unless you want to truly give them a happy ending, which they've earned, it strains credibility to say these characters keep surviving and can lead to a staleness in the franchise. If there's a way to walk that line, then I'm all for it. But Scream has to endure for a different generation and they need characters of their own to identify with. Like I said before, eventually the series will spin into the same cluster fukk Halloween did by making it a soap opera about the Presscott family and anyone not related to or within vicinity of Sidney is cool. It was even a joke in Scream 4 of how she was the angel of death.
I saw the news about her signing onto the movie this morning and I was like "didn't she sign on months ago?" but I guess they were still in negotiations.

And it should come as no shock I totally agree about moving on from the OG 3 if Scream 5 is successful.

This isn't like Halloween and Jamie Lee Curtis. Initially it was the family connection to Michael that made her returning actually seem OK and in the reboot, even though the removed the family link, Laurie was still the Final Girl who defeated Michael Myers which meant there was unfinished business between the two.

Scream always kills the bad guy so there is no throughline between Sid/Dewey/Gail and Ghostface because there is always an entirely new person(s) under the mask.

So the option is either let them ride off into retirement with happy endings or actually make their swan songs as characters in this franchise matter.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I saw the news about her signing onto the movie this morning and I was like "didn't she sign on months ago?" but I guess they were still in negotiations.

And it should come as no shock I totally agree about moving on from the OG 3 if Scream 5 is successful.

This isn't like Halloween and Jamie Lee Curtis. Initially it was the family connection to Michael that made her returning actually seem OK and in the reboot, even though the removed the family link, Laurie was still the Final Girl who defeated Michael Myers which meant there was unfinished business between the two.

Scream always kills the bad guy so there is no throughline between Sid/Dewey/Gail and Ghostface because there is always an entirely new person(s) under the mask.

So the option is either let them ride off into retirement with happy endings or actually make their swan songs as characters in this franchise matter.

Well the through line is they're connected to Sid. boyfriend, boyfriend's mom, half brother, cousin. They all want revenge on Sidney for some reason. Either she won't fukk them or they're mad she's the famous one. I just think if you keep that going, it becomes ridiculous

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Well the through line is they're connected to Sid. boyfriend, boyfriend's mom, half brother, cousin. They all want revenge on Sidney for some reason. Either she won't fukk them or they're mad she's the famous one. I just think if you keep that going, it becomes ridiculous
It got ridiculous with the long lost half-brother then jumped the shark entirely with the psychotic teenage cousin.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It got ridiculous with the long lost half-brother then jumped the shark entirely with the psychotic teenage cousin.
I was down with the cousin actually. That motivation felt ahead of its time and perfect for the decade that was. And it made sense that her family would still be there and a good way to pass the torch to a new generation.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I was down with the cousin actually. That motivation felt ahead of its time and perfect for the decade that was. And it made sense that her family would still be there and a good way to pass the torch to a new generation.
I think my issue with the cousin thing was that Jill's plan should've been successful. It was the perfect way to move the franchise into a new direction for a new generation of horror fans.
I honestly think the film would've been a hit if they had killed of Sid. Dewey and Gail could've made it to the next movie as they suspect Jill of being shady and try to get evidence that she was a killer. But they punked out on offing Sid and now we are where we are hoping that Scream 5 can recapture the magic.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
MONSTERLAND
Encounters with mermaids, fallen angels, and other strange beasts drive broken people to desperate acts in Monsterland, an anthology series based on the collection of stories from Nathan Ballingrud’s “North American Lake Monsters”.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Yeah, this is how I feel too. They need to move this into a next generation. I see they added a Boricua to the mix too, Jenny Ortega from You and the new Babysitter sequel. That's what's up, I'm biased but I think she's done really well in horror roles so far.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think my issue with the cousin thing was that Jill's plan should've been successful. It was the perfect way to move the franchise into a new direction for a new generation of horror fans.
I honestly think the film would've been a hit if they had killed of Sid. Dewey and Gail could've made it to the next movie as they suspect Jill of being shady and try to get evidence that she was a killer. But they punked out on offing Sid and now we are where we are hoping that Scream 5 can recapture the magic.
I agree. And idk who made that call but it never felt like a Williamson call

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
images

An American artist's obsession with a disturbing urban legend leads her to an investigation of the story's origins at the crumbling estate of a reclusive painter in Ireland.
Initial release: March 10, 2018
Director: Michael Tully

This isn't bad or good

It's decent enough to suggest as a casual watch

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

unless you want to truly give them a happy ending, which they've earned, it strains credibility to say these characters keep surviving and can lead to a staleness in the franchise. If there's a way to walk that line, then I'm all for it. But Scream has to endure for a different generation and they need characters of their own to identify with. Like I said before, eventually the series will spin into the same cluster fukk Halloween did by making it a soap opera about the Prescott family and anyone not related to or within vicinity of Sidney is cool. It was even a joke in Scream 4 of how she was the angel of death.
Well what do we have here friends??
:ohhh:
This is exactly why I was waiting for this news to drop before I responded to @Flex Grossman @Jello Biafra and @The Hierophant any further on this thread. Patience waiting - now I will formulate my reply .. (I’ll be back tomm. BOOK FUKKIN MARKED!!!!!!)
giphy.gif