Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Guys guys lol stop fighting long enough to read my second editorial at bloody disgusting

New Decade, New Rules: The Pandemic Gives Horror a Chance to Rewrite the Rules
Good read. Marty :salute:

Redefining horror takes on a whole new meaning when you start living through a period of time that includes uncontrollable havoc that is also redetermining our sense of “normalcy”. Fear has become reality. It’s like the “boogeyman” “djin “ witch, demon that we picture, read or passed stories around over the years is less terrifying as compared to the literal dark cloud, daily threat that is hovering above us - like you said in your article, any move could be that wrong move and there is really no savior that can protect us. No one has the answers.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Never saw this before - came into my reccs, worth watching?
d1fa0de2-151e-4f6f-a704-447e9dc5394c.jpg

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Never saw this before - came into my reccs, worth watching?
d1fa0de2-151e-4f6f-a704-447e9dc5394c.jpg

Not horror but a damned good mind-fukk sci-fi movie. It's a lot more disorienting at points than it is scary imo; but that helps capture the perspective of the protagonist and make you wonder if he's a reliable narrator or not. It's one of my favorite Bruce Willis movies all time.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
speaking of raimi v rob zombie, do we already have a top 10 horror director list up in here?
We did a “vs” thread last year on a separate thread in TFR, but looks like we have new names starting to comment more regularly on this thread,you can do an update if you want .ill participate .

Last year, @Jello Biafra @The Hierophant and them tried to rig the poll in their favor by putting horror theme music on there to skew the results and people started posting based on that for the Carpenter thread. Sneaky lot that he is. And they dissed Ari Aster bc none of these dudes liked Midsommar but I digress. Not like it was a blow out anyway, from what I remember. My faves still pulled decent numbers from what I recall

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DEMONS INSIDE ME
A group of rich playboys travel to Costa Rica to party, and hook up with girls. Tossed aside by her boyfriend and isolated by the group, Jade spirals into a psychotic episode. As she fights the ghosts of her past, demonic creatures emerge from the jungle to claim the lives of those around her one by one.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
We did a “vs” thread last year on a separate thread in TFR, but looks like we have new names starting to comment more regularly on this thread,you can do an update if you want .ill participate .

Last year, @Jello Biafra @The Hierophant and them tried to rig the poll in their favor by putting horror theme music on there to skew the results and people started posting based on that for the Carpenter thread. Sneaky lot that he is. And they dissed Ari Aster bc none of these dudes liked Midsommar but I digress. Not like it was a blow out anyway, from what I remember. My faves still pulled decent numbers from what I recall
Do not sit here and make it seem like Carpenter isn't the GOAT. He invented the Slasher, he also scored his own movies, for the record, I listen to the Halloween theme when strolling down the street. We never said Craven wasn't on the Mount Rushmore, he's just not number 1 on here, that may vary and doesn't invalidate your opinion. Ari As--ter isn't good in my opinion and he had a fluke Hereditary. We didn't rig anything no one liked Midsommar, that doesn't invalidate your enjoyment of the movie it just means we didn't like it. I can host another VS. I just need names. We can also do an old school vs new school and I went to bat for Rob Zombie when everyone was hating. I even gave him a second match against a guy we knew couldn't beat him.:mjgrin: remember that?

Last edited: