Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Rob Zombie Halloween >>>> Evil Dead :coffee:

tenor.gif

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
The Bring It On movie she was in is one of the most Gif'd and memed movies online mainly because of her terrible dancing.

Wasn't nobody trying to surreptitiously recruit you into the Sisterhood of Sappho.
You went off script and pulled that out of left field. That had nothing to do with NOTHING!!
:sas1:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Guys guys lol stop fighting long enough to read my second editorial at bloody disgusting

New Decade, New Rules: The Pandemic Gives Horror a Chance to Rewrite the Rules
Good read.

I think the pandemic is going to result in two takes on horror.

We will get more of the types of films that try to represent the feeling the pandemic has garnered in most of us (viruses, zombies, demonic possession etc.) but I also think we will get more directors wanting to make movies that take people's minds off the horrors of real life so we will end up getting more of the tried and true stuff (vamps, aliens, slashers etc.) too.

And 99.9% of the ones that come out first will be found footage webcam stuff due to social distancing restrictions.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Good read.

I think the pandemic is going to result in two takes on horror.

We will get more of the types of films that try to represent the feeling the pandemic has garnered in most of us (viruses, zombies, demonic possession etc.) but I also think we will get more directors wanting to make movies that take people's minds off the horrors of real life so we will end up getting more of the tried and true stuff (vamps, aliens, slashers etc.) too.

And 99.9% of the ones that come out first will be found footage webcam stuff due to social distancing restrictions.
Yeah I had a bunch of different ideas but I boiled it down to what are we afraid of? shyt, what am I afraid of?

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:aicmon::picard:....
Audience Reviews for The Evil Dead
It has its moments, but it's largely unimpressive. It is too campy and too silly to be taken seriously or to be scary. The premise is interesting, but the plot feels too restricted. This movie had potential, but was executed poorly

• London Evening Standard
    Top Critic
  • A full-bloodedly grisly and macabre film that zaps over a few scares.

April 18, 2013 | Rating: 3/5 | Full Review…
    user.none.tmb.jpg

Peter Bradshaw

Guardian
    Top Critic
  • Anonymous, forgettable and doesn't hold a candle to the brilliant original.

April 18, 2013 | Rating: 2/5 | Full Review…
    user.none.tmb.jpg

David Jenkins

This film was one of the most disappointing and boring horror films of 2013.
    Full Review | Original Score: 1.5/5

• May 23, 2018
    Not only is the Evil Dead remake humorless, but there's even a concerted effort at having a meaningful, emotional subtext to all the horror.

user.none.tmb.jpg

Matthew Bond
    The Mail on Sunday (UK)

November 1, 2017
    Thirty-plus years on, this tale of five teens trapped in a cabin in the woods being pursued by dark, supernatural forces just seems familiar and silly, with Alvarez doing little to breathe new life into the genre.
    Full Review | Original Score: 2/5

:unimpressed:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
‘Evil Dead’ flops
you’re like me and love scary movies, when the red-band “Evil Dead” trailer was released, it pumped you up and you couldn’t wait to hit the theater to see it.

Multiple people told me, “that movie was SO scary,” or “I don’t even want to go see it looks so bad.” But I braved it anyway and attended the 1981 remake, bracing myself for one of the scariest movies of all-time.

Instead of being scared out of my mind, I was extremely disappointed. It was an excruciating movie to sit through.
:mjlol::mjlol:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just read they made the correct decision to skip movie theaters and release ANTEBELLUM to VOD on Sept. 18, 2020.

Never understood why they kept putting it off for as long as they did.
I can’t stand Janelle Monae- I’m skipping it off that alone.
:francis:
should have casted it with Nicole Beharie
1930823.jpg

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
SPONTANEOUS
Get ready for the most outrageous coming-of-age love story about growing up…and blowing up! When students in their high school begin inexplicably exploding (literally…), seniors Mara (Katherine Langford) and Dylan (Charlie Plummer) struggle to survive in a world where each moment may be their last. As an unexpected romance blossoms between them, Mara and Dylan discover that when tomorrow is no longer promised, they can finally start living for today!

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
‘Evil Dead’ flops
you’re like me and love scary movies, when the red-band “Evil Dead” trailer was released, it pumped you up and you couldn’t wait to hit the theater to see it.

Multiple people told me, “that movie was SO scary,” or “I don’t even want to go see it looks so bad.” But I braved it anyway and attended the 1981 remake, bracing myself for one of the scariest movies of all-time.

Instead of being scared out of my mind, I was extremely disappointed. It was an excruciating movie to sit through.
:mjlol::mjlol:
I can't take a reviewer seriously who thinks box office has anything to do with the quality of a film. THE SHINING is considered one of the best horror movies ever made and it was a box office flop when it was released.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I can’t stand Janelle Monae- I’m skipping it off that alone.
:francis:
should have casted it with Nicole Beharie
1930823.jpg
If the world was a just place then Nicole Beharie would be one of the most successful actors in Hollywood.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Thirst traps do that to you:russ:
He risked it all for the white girl. It will be a long time before he regains his self respect to ever come at RZ movie fangirls - using the wrong part of his head. Let’s get back to talking current horror movies watches before this thread was so rudely interrupted .
tenor.gif