Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Since it came out a lil while ago, i was under the impression that Room 104 was gonna be a horror anthology series (for the most part its not but it IS weird).
There been some ok to good ones, but i check for it still.
Two episodes i liked so far this season was this one where this kid finds this legendary rock n roll cat who supposedly killed his mother and he made a song about it. It was tense but kinda funny.
And this other one where this guy realizes hes trapped in a 90s sitcom.
I liked that one.
The way he would react to the sgudio audience laugh track was hilarious to me. Lol

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
- Uber and Lyft horror is a play on awkward Uber conversations, I've had some weird ones. Uber and Lyft in general kinda takes us out of the "don't talk to strangers" mindset we were raised on. We get into cars with strangers constantly now. I'm waiting for them to bring this full circle (if they haven't yet) and have the Uber/Lyft Passenger be the stalker. We'll have hit all the marks that Hitchhiker horror used to cover (sometimes the driver's the evil stranger and sometimes the passenger is).
I hate when the Uber/Lyft driver is chatty...I get in the backseat with my headphones on (not ear buds either; I'm talking big ass over-the-ear headphones) just to let them know up front I'm not looking for a conversation and they still want to talk.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
TCM would be a much better fit for rob Zombie than Halloween. Dude can do one thing and one thing only: white trash hillbilly gore. Mix that with Halloween and you get a train wreck, but he might be able to do TCM
Yeah the one franchise that actually would be a good marriage for Zombie's crusty dusty rockabilly aesthetic is TCM.
Movie would probably still be trash though because Rob Zombie gonna Rob Zombie.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
TCM would be a much better fit for rob Zombie than Halloween. Dude can do one thing and one thing only: white trash hillbilly gore. Mix that with Halloween and you get a train wreck, but he might be able to do TCM
Then how do you explain a mid 30s something professional black woman From NYC, college educated woman with certs (lol), watching his movies and it being in her category of famed horror content creators - Keep in mind that the woman in describing is me. So what are y’all trying to say.
:mjtf::patrice:
Kind of blows your theory out the water that his fans are only white trash rednecks. I’m a living breathing example who you comment with at least once a day
:what::jbhmm:
And Idgaf what y’all say, he revitalized that Halloween franchise and gave it the boost that it needed.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Then how do you explain a mid 30s something professional black woman From NYC, college educated woman with certs (lol), watching his movies and it being in her category of famed horror content creators - Keep in mind that the woman in describing is me. So what are y’all trying to say.
:mjtf::patrice:
Kind of blows your theory out the water that his fans are only white trash rednecks. I’m a living breathing example who you comment with at least once a day
:what::jbhmm:
And Idgaf what y’all say, he revitalized that Halloween franchise and gave it the boost that it needed.
Didn’t say the fans are only white trash hillbillies. The movies are only about white trash hillbillies.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I hate when the Uber/Lyft driver is chatty...I get in the backseat with my headphones on (not ear buds either; I'm talking big ass over-the-ear headphones) just to let them know up front I'm not looking for a conversation and they still want to talk.
Same. I hate small talk: omg- I Fukkin hate that!! With taxi drivers, Uber drivers, car service. Like I’m in a zone or hyper focused, I don’t want to sit there and think of things to spark up a conversation with a stranger who I don’t care about their life story. Like in my head I’m saying -be quiet and take me where I need to go and don’t force a conversation- what the hell are we going to talk about other than “hello” and “goodbye”. I’m not trying to be rude Like that on the subway, train, wherever - and I especially hate when I have on headphones or reading a book in silence and people start chatting. I will get up and move to a difference seat or space. I’m just trying to be discreet and enjoy my temporary moments of solace and alone time that I rarely gave in The first place. My friends tell me that I have an “amicable” face that draws people in- I’m like wtf does that even mean
:what:
Don’t get me wrong. I’m a nice person y’all, I just have my moments. Uber needs a silence option just like they have “quiet cars” on the commuter trains and amtrak. I’ve seen fights break out between corporate people wearing suits and dresses over someone making talking too loud or talking, at all in the quiet car on the trains. :laff::laff: They are serious about breaching the peace and sanctity of a quiet ride designation. you don’t break the code of the “quiet sign” designation. People will snitch on your ass to the conductor like they’re the Feds and have your ass physically removed to the non-quiet train cars. Nothing more horrifically comedic than seeing lawyers, bankers, govt officials, IT workers, PR reps, scrapping. Rant over.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah the one franchise that actually would be a good marriage for Zombie's crusty dusty rockabilly aesthetic is TCM.
Movie would probably still be trash though because Rob Zombie gonna Rob Zombie.
You hate Texas Chainsaw Massacre anyway so your opinion is not needed.
that’s why I’m ignoring your bias and/or unsolicited feedback by letting the movies speak for themselves. Because Jello gonna gel
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f39742d6b3361326a4b30374461413d3d2d3437303638353234342e313532343266623236663037343031333636303534303339303236332e676966

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gave this a shot and the aesthetic was crazy. They really captured the graphic novel look and it made for some incredibly colorful gore and horror (most horror is too dark with muted colors to have such illustrative color play). My one complaint is that it all felt too fast...things escalate FAST! The pace fits the graphic novel style too; action is sudden as looking from one panel to another. The style points on it are through the roof and it's a fun ride.
I usually complain about movies pacing being too slow or ominous but this jumped right out of the window with it. They packed ALOT of situations into one movie. The backstory with his mother! The neighbor! The friends, his girlfriend - it was so much to digest. I don’t even know what to start with in my comment. It’s like if “what the hell did I just watch” meshed with “let me watch it again” with all the layers. Then added to that with the gore - once again using the “color out of space” theatrics and trippy visual purple hue
the kid (Victim) grows up to be the killer and sympathize with his capturer with obsession on the macabre and ultra violence [\SPOILER]

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Same. I hate small talk: omg- I Fukkin hate that!! With taxi drivers, Uber drivers, car service. Like I’m in a zone or hyper focused, I don’t want to sit there and think of things to spark up a conversation with a stranger who I don’t care about their life story. Like in my head I’m saying -be quiet and take me where I need to go and don’t force a conversation- what the hell are we going to talk about other than “hello” and “goodbye”. I’m not trying to be rude Like that on the subway, train, wherever - and I especially hate when I have on headphones or reading a book in silence and people start chatting. I will get up and move to a difference seat or space. I’m just trying to be discreet and enjoy my temporary moments of solace and alone time that I rarely gave in The first place. My friends tell me that I have an “amicable” face that draws people in- I’m like wtf does that even mean
:what:
Don’t get me wrong. I’m a nice person y’all, I just have my moments. Uber needs a silence option just like they have “quiet cars” on the commuter trains and amtrak. I’ve seen fights break out between corporate people wearing suits and dresses over someone making talking too loud or talking, at all in the quiet car on the trains. :laff::laff: They are serious about breaching the peace and sanctity of a quiet ride designation. you don’t break the code of the “quiet sign” designation. People will snitch on your ass to the conductor like they’re the Feds and have your ass physically removed to the non-quiet train cars. Nothing more horrifically comedic than seeing lawyers, bankers, govt officials, IT workers, PR reps, scrapping. Rant over.
This could be a horror movie short story or the premise for a horror movie
:ohhh:The Quiet Car a train car of 20 unsuspecting commuters after a long day of work- catch the last train out of the city to their quaint suburban residences. Out of nowhere, a cell phone rings bc one of the riders forgets to put it on vibrate or silent- not only that but the rude rider starts talking on the phone. A man in the adjacent seat clearly disturbed by the course of events becomes more and more annoyed with each minute of the call - *pan in to a sign “QUIET CAR - No Talking, No loud noise, as courtesy to other passengers” the man has reached the end of his wits and all hell breaks lose. Think “Train to Busan” except noise causes people to morph into homicidal maniacs and it’s Contagious

acela-quiet-car.jpg

quiet_car.jpg

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This could be a horror movie short story or the premise for a horror movie
:ohhh:The Quiet Car a train car of 20 unsuspecting commuters after a long day of work- catch the last train out of the city to their quaint suburban residences. Out of nowhere, a cell phone rings bc one of the riders forgets to put it on vibrate or silent- not only that but the rude rider starts talking on the phone. A man in the adjacent seat clearly disturbed by the course of events becomes more and more annoyed with each minute of the call - *pan in to a sign “QUIET CAR - No Talking, No loud noise, as courtesy to other passengers” the man has reached the end of his wits and all hell breaks lose. Think “Train to Busan” except noise causes people to morph into homicidal maniacs and it’s Contagious

This could be a really fun premise to play with. A bit of Pontypool, Mayhem and Train to Busan all rolled into one. If you set up certain ticks or warning signs that eventually progress to violence (Mayhem style) then you could set up a gang of "people are ticking time bomb" scenarios that could go from tension to chaos in a half a tick.

This also gave me a mini flashback to the Midnight Meat Train. It's a way different premise but using the Subway for horror and having insane gore on a train were really cool ideas. I honestly think it's one of the many movies that I'd love to see get a second attempt...one where they don't bury the most interesting aspects of the story behind a very late twist.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
La Llarona on Shudder fam...I saw some of yall hyping it...thank you for that!

I'm always on about tension when I post about these movies and La Llarona is a masterclass is building tension. The tone is absolutely nuts. The worst horror isn't related to jump scares or ghostly beings; it's news reports and witness testimonies about the Mayan Genocide. The ghosts, the jumps, the rituals and the reactions are all building off of collective cultural trauma...and HOLY $H*T did this hit the mark.

It follows a former general/dictator who oversaw the military during the genocide. He's facing trial; his health is failing him and the consequences of the genocide could come naturally, legally or in the form of revenge. What this means is that there's always a backdrop of protests and chants. Images of the victims of genocide are a constant. And the paranoia of the characters feels a lot more like guilt. Ghosts or Paranoia? Are people vengeful or unassuming? It's the sort of unreliable perspective that made Invisible Man so effective.

So the tone is dark and the tension never really stops or subsides. It's mysterious and scary; haunting without explicit ghosts.It also does justice to one of my least favorite horror tropes...the bad dream...usually those sequences are completely irrelevant excuses to shoe horn in a scare. Not in this joint...the dreams enhance the waking horror and trauma for this one. This one hit for me.