Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Shudder, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime in that order is how I look for horror from the streaming services. I also have a firestick for joints that I can't find (like Without Warning, I'ma firestick that one @Jello Biafra ).

Between all of that, I never really run low although I do sometimes run low on good stuff and have to go prospecting through a lot of weak ish...you luck into some gems that way though.
Ditto

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Doing one sub genre per week for Halloween season this year.

this week is horror/comedy
Next week is zombies
Week after that I’m out of town so my wife can watch whatever she wants
Then it’s monsters
Home invasion
Slashers
Supernatural
Religious
Aliens
And the week of Halloween it’s classics

finishing the Simon Pegg trilogy now, and worlds end is just as good or better than Shaun of the Dead. fukkin love this movie
Ooo!!

Ima try and follow your order myself Flex!

:ehh:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Getting back into my 84 Baby/90s Kid Horror mode:demonic:

...over the weekend, saw Cheerleader Camp:laff: & When a Stranger Calls:banderas:

The way tension build in 70s Horror:fire: with just atmosphere and minimum gore:wow:
Cheerleader Camp was my shyt!!

:russ:

Foolishness!

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Getting back into my 84 Baby/90s Kid Horror mode:demonic:

...over the weekend, saw Cheerleader Camp:laff: & When a Stranger Calls:banderas:

The way tension build in 70s Horror:fire: with just atmosphere and minimum gore:wow:

I watched When a Stranger Calls for the first time when I was pretty young (just approaching teen abouts). I knew the urban legend perfectly by the time I saw it; but that opening scene still absolutely horrified me. That slow build-up, the phone calls, the sound effects! I knew EXACTLY where it was going and what to expect; it wasn't on some gore tip or anything...but fam that ish scared the hell out of me. Great movie and an all time great opening.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Both of you are aware that John Carpenter’s The Thing is a remake of a well reviewed project, right?
Yes it's a remake of The Thing From Another World and Carpenter took a run of the mill 1950's overly melodramatic scifi movie and turned it into a modern horror masterpiece.

What the fukk is Blumhouse gonna do that will top that?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I've never watched the black and white movie but was under the impression that they were very different interpretations and the connection was the Who Goes There novella. I probably should double back and give it a look.
The Thing From Another World is definitely worth a watch just because of the themes it was working with and some fo the cool for the time directing techniques the director used.

But it's not a great movie and if 1950s style acting isn't your thing then you'll probably hate it.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Question. How do u brehs go about watching scary movies?

drop apps and services and any other means

I mainly use shudder and Netflix
Shudder, Hulu, whatever free services are on the Firestick and sometimes through other more unsavory means.
I've noticed that I tend to only watch horror on Netflix if I notice a movie once I'm done binge-watching a series or watching a Netflix original movie but I rarely go to Netflix specifically for horror.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
TREMORS: SHRIEKER ISLAND
When a nature preserve in the Solomon Islands is infiltrated by Graboids, Ass Blasters, and Shriekers, two of the preserve's top scientists recruit Burt Gummer, monster hunter extraordinaire, to eradicate the infestation. While there, Burt picks up a potential new protégé and encounters lost love.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Yes it's a remake of The Thing From Another World and Carpenter took a run of the mill 1950's overly melodramatic scifi movie and turned it into a modern horror masterpiece.

What the fukk is Blumhouse gonna do that will top that?
I didn’t like the first Thing , must be a guy thing because I was not fond of it at all

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TREMORS: SHRIEKER ISLAND
When a nature preserve in the Solomon Islands is infiltrated by Graboids, Ass Blasters, and Shriekers, two of the preserve's top scientists recruit Burt Gummer, monster hunter extraordinaire, to eradicate the infestation. While there, Burt picks up a potential new protégé and encounters lost love.

There’s another one :mjlol::deadmanny:that lead actor’ s whole career has been 10 Trenor movies back to back for 20 years. I was. Pregnant with. My son during one of them - that’s how I was keeping count
:yeshrug:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Anyone watching this - Shudder has another one
72a56cc59a578a3e_boxart.jpg

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Grandpa bites it in creepy new clip from Shudder's vampire horror flick, The Shed

The Shed opens its demented doors starting Thursday, Aug. 27, and revolves around a teen named Stan and his best buddy Dommer, who must endure unrelenting torment from mouth-breathing bullies at high school. However, that all soon changes when they discover a bloodthirsty vampiric creature that resides in a humble country shed. Now the murderous demon that's taken refuge inside the shack will help them take revenge when they hatch a sinister plan.