Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

I don't know what was worse...the janky ass CGI lions or them casting Megan Fox as the leader of a team of commando mercenaries.

Df?? :deadmanny::bryan:
Are you using streaming services to watch the movies that you’ve been positing lately or do you just download? I’m just wondering what platforms they are released on so I can save to my accounts/watchlists

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Df?? :deadmanny::bryan:
Are you using streaming services to watch the movies that you’ve been positing lately or do you just download? I’m just wondering what platforms they are released on so I can save to my accounts/watchlists
I download them. I think this one is available on VOD already though.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's less than 10 minutes but I think you, and the rest of the crew, will like it. Neg me if wrawng
Noooo! Never you. I’ll check it out and let you know. I don’t neg anyone in this thread
:picard:
With one exception - I reserve my negs for that devil’s reject @Jello Biafra the unabashed hater generator with his lack of nuance for certain movies and content creators, and his continued trickery. his bias is bloody disgusting.
:scust:

morris

Superstar
Daps
Noooo! Never you. I’ll check it out and let you know. I don’t neg anyone in this thread
:picard:
With one exception - I reserve my negs for that devil’s reject @Jello Biafra the unabashed hater generator with his lack of nuance for certain movies and content creators, his bias is bloody disgusting.
:scust:
I will keep a peace treaty in this thread. On other threads, I will unload the full clips

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I will keep a peace treaty in this thread. On other threads, I will unload the full clips
True. Over here it’s relatively peace- exchange of information , opinions and ideas. You would think a horror thread with the type of content that we watch and discuss, would be less “friendly” and diplomatic
:russ:
But on your second part, Agreed about other forums. Bc anyone that wants a war and crosses lines - will get what they ask for; it’s only right
:demonic:
tenor.gif

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
“Random Acts of Violence” recently dropped on Shudder this week-
Shudder’s streaming service nabs another exclusive with 'Random Acts of Violence'

here’s the trailer reup so you won’t watch the wrong titled movie- like I was mislead to believe

Gave this a shot and the aesthetic was crazy. They really captured the graphic novel look and it made for some incredibly colorful gore and horror (most horror is too dark with muted colors to have such illustrative color play). My one complaint is that it all felt too fast...things escalate FAST! The pace fits the graphic novel style too; action is sudden as looking from one panel to another. The style points on it are through the roof and it's a fun ride.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I watched another joint on Shudder called We Go On...I REALLY enjoyed the first half of this movie.

That premise is absolute fire and they approach it really well. It almost has a feel like "Ghost Stories" where he visits different characters with their own story/attempt to prove the afterlife to him. They're smart with their approach to scares, with atmosphere and tension dominating some really memorable moments. I feel like as a horror head, my instincts make it hard to catch me with a sudden moment (not just jump scare but quick reveals). This one managed to throw me off my timing and catch me off guard on more than one occasion. There's a crescendo moment that really got me...

But that's all in the first half. The second half of the movie is still cool, don't get me wrong. It just relies to much on similar styles of scare. The first half had a gang of variety with the different approaches of the Mediums he meets; but the second half zeroes in on something that was effective once and boring the third time. That saps from what's an otherwise pretty cool plot though; it feels fairly thought through. I just got a sense that they felt pressed to pad out the third act scares where they had been more focused on telling the story...and it shows.

Honestly, watch this for the first half which I really enjoyed and a second half that's pretty clever even though the scares start to feel more contrived.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I keep getting sidetracked but I’ll watch it after I finish watching this movie called “1BR” right now on Netflix
:lupe: This has to be the most depressing horror movie ever :mjcry:-
she loses her mother to cancer, her dad is now living with the woman he cheated on her mom with, she doesn’t talk to her dad, she works a temp job as a struggling artist, she ran out of anti-depressant medication, moves to LA to find direction, her cat who she calls her best friend gets “fatal attractioned”, as she’s dealing with all of that - only to be taken captive by an apartment cult of crazies for her first time living by herself. This movie is making me appreciate life
:sadcam::mjlol:
hqdefault.jpg