Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Doing one sub genre per week for Halloween season this year.

this week is horror/comedy
Next week is zombies
Week after that I’m out of town so my wife can watch whatever she wants
Then it’s monsters
Home invasion
Slashers
Supernatural
Religious
Aliens
And the week of Halloween it’s classics

finishing the Simon Pegg trilogy now, and worlds end is just as good or better than Shaun of the Dead. fukkin love this movie

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Thing is my favorite movie and I don’t want blumhouse cheap ass touching it.

I feel like remakes and reboots would be much better served fixing horror movies that had good premises and ideas but fell short for any number of reasons (budget, producer interference, or just poor execution). Generally speaking, there's really no need to remake a classic unless you're going to completely flip it imo. I don't know how many times I need to watch new versions of Texas Chainsaw Massacre when I can just put on the classic for the best version of Leatherface.

I put the Thing in a similar category but I do have to say...the addition of the extended manuscript makes me intrigued. That could actually change the story enough where I appreciate it. But I'm usually more disappointed than happy with this kinda ish.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I feel like remakes and reboots would be much better served fixing horror movies that had good premises and ideas but fell short for any number of reasons (budget, producer interference, or just poor execution). Generally speaking, there's really no need to remake a classic unless you're going to completely flip it imo. I don't know how many times I need to watch new versions of Texas Chainsaw Massacre when I can just put on the classic for the best version of Leatherface.

I put the Thing in a similar category but I do have to say...the addition of the extended manuscript makes me intrigued. That could actually change the story enough where I appreciate it. But I'm usually more disappointed than happy with this kinda ish.
I agree with you.

I would love to Blumhouse remake horror movies that were bad but had a good premise, just updated for new audiences with better effects/writing/acting/whatever.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I agree with you.

I would love to Blumhouse remake horror movies that were bad but had a good premise, just updated for new audiences with better effects/writing/acting/whatever.

Here are the 10 80's horror movies I wish Blumhouse would remake instead of The Thing:

WITHOUT WARNING
THE GODSEND
THE STUFF
WOLFEN
VAMP
STRANGE INVADERS
SHOCKER
MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
MOTEL HELL
THE FUNHOUSE

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Here are the 10 80's horror movies I wish Blumhouse would remake instead of The Thing:

WITHOUT WARNING
THE GODSEND
THE STUFF
WOLFEN
VAMP
STRANGE INVADERS
SHOCKER
MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
MOTEL HELL
THE FUNHOUSE

I have to watch a bunch of these for the first time. I HEAVY co-sign The Stuff and Shocker though.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Refrain from ever quoting me, again on this thread. I didn’t forget about your smart ass side comments in TLR. I don’t like you over there and def not vibing with you in here any longer. Matter of fact - nvm. You’re ignored. Don’t bother. I don’t give a Fuk about your commentary or comments. It’s always the same routine shyt from you anyway- I usually don’t carry an issue from TLR on to this part of the forum but you’re an exception; you definitely live up to your name and I mean that with all disrespect intended. No further derail.
Live up to my name how? My name is Steven

Daps

I agree with you.

Both of you are aware that John Carpenter’s The Thing is a remake of a well reviewed project, right?

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Getting back into my 84 Baby/90s Kid Horror mode:demonic:

...over the weekend, saw Cheerleader Camp:laff: & When a Stranger Calls:banderas:

The way tension build in 70s Horror:fire: with just atmosphere and minimum gore:wow:

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Both of you are aware that John Carpenter’s The Thing is a remake of a well reviewed project, right?

I've never watched the black and white movie but was under the impression that they were very different interpretations and the connection was the Who Goes There novella. I probably should double back and give it a look.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Question. How do u brehs go about watching scary movies?

drop apps and services and any other means

I mainly use shudder and Netflix

Shudder, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime in that order is how I look for horror from the streaming services. I also have a firestick for joints that I can't find (like Without Warning, I'ma firestick that one @Jello Biafra ).

Between all of that, I never really run low although I do sometimes run low on good stuff and have to go prospecting through a lot of weak ish...you luck into some gems that way though.