Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Why Dysfunctional Families Are The Hottest Trend In Modern Horror Movies
Horror movies that double as meditations on dramatic family woes, such as Hereditary and Relic, are all the rage with audiences right now, but why?
Why Dysfunctional Families Are The Hottest Trend In Modern Horror Movies
Over the past decade, the horror genre has repeatedly crossed over into family drama territory, with horror movies that focus on household tensions, inherited mental illness, and the experience of collective trauma. This trend remains as strong as ever, with the cultural impact of films like Hereditary, The Babadook, and A Quiet Place giving way to explorations of dark dynamics. In these movies, dysfunctional family relationships lead to palpable dread before the monsters, ghosts, and killers even appear.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Damn, this came out of nowhere

BOOKS OF BLOOD: Hulu's Clive Barker Anthology Film Will Premiere On October 7 - Check Out A Poster

BOOKS OF BLOOD: Hulu's Clive Barker Anthology Film Will Premiere On October 7 - Check Out A Poster
177434.jpg

Hulu has released the first poster for Books of Blood' an original film based on Clive Barker’s six-book horror anthology from The Orville team of Brannon Braga and Seth MacFarlane. Check it out...
Mark Cassidy | 8/10/2020
Filed Under: "Horror"
177434.jpg

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."

Hulu has announced that its upcoming film adaptation of Clive Barker's Books of Blood will premiere on the streaming service on October 7, and we also have a first look at the official poster art.

This was originally set to be developed as a TV series that would have (presumably) adapted as many of the short stories from Barker's collection of novels as possible, but this feature will only focus on three. We have no idea which ones, but there's certainly plenty to choose from. The Hellraiser writer's Books of Blood featured the likes of Rawhead Rex, Midnight Meat Train (both of which were previously adapted as features), The Yattering and Jack, and many more.

Brannon Braga directed, co-wrote and executive produced along with The Orville collaborator with Seth MacFarlane. The cast members announced so far are: Andy McQueen (Fahrenheit 451), Freda Foh Shen (Ad Astra), Nicholas Campbell (Da Vinci’s Inquest), Anna Friel (Marcella), Britt Robertson (For the People), Rafi Gavron (A Star Is Born) and Yul Vazquez (Midnight, Texas).

Check out the poster below along with a synopsis, and let us know if you plan on tuning in for Books of Blood this October.

books-of-blood.jpg

“Written by Braga and Adam Simon (Salem) based on a short story by Barker with contributing original material, Books of Blood takes a journey into uncharted and forbidden territory through three tales tangled in space and time.”

1Shares

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
You need a list? We got you
I caught up on most everything during the shytty year that is 2020. Horror is my favorite genre but at the time I missed all those because I was more of a “I want to see the monsters” type of person instead of enjoying suspenseful thrillers. I just watched the new Halloween and damn what’s the movie with Jim from the office where they can’t make noise? That was great.

my pops let me watch evil dead back in the 90’s and that started it all.

off topic but I went to see a movie called Don’t breathe a few years ago and that shyt had the strangest ending involving sperm, a turkey baster, And an old blind man lol

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Damn, this came out of nowhere

177434.jpg

Hulu has released the first poster for Books of Blood' an original film based on Clive Barker’s six-book horror anthology from The Orville team of Brannon Braga and Seth MacFarlane. Check it out...
Mark Cassidy | 8/10/2020
Filed Under: "Horror"
177434.jpg

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."

Hulu has announced that its upcoming film adaptation of Clive Barker's Books of Blood will premiere on the streaming service on October 7, and we also have a first look at the official poster art.

This was originally set to be developed as a TV series that would have (presumably) adapted as many of the short stories from Barker's collection of novels as possible, but this feature will only focus on three. We have no idea which ones, but there's certainly plenty to choose from. The Hellraiser writer's Books of Blood featured the likes of Rawhead Rex, Midnight Meat Train (both of which were previously adapted as features), The Yattering and Jack, and many more.

Brannon Braga directed, co-wrote and executive produced along with The Orville collaborator with Seth MacFarlane. The cast members announced so far are: Andy McQueen (Fahrenheit 451), Freda Foh Shen (Ad Astra), Nicholas Campbell (Da Vinci’s Inquest), Anna Friel (Marcella), Britt Robertson (For the People), Rafi Gavron (A Star Is Born) and Yul Vazquez (Midnight, Texas).

Check out the poster below along with a synopsis, and let us know if you plan on tuning in for Books of Blood this October.

books-of-blood.jpg

“Written by Braga and Adam Simon (Salem) based on a short story by Barker with contributing original material, Books of Blood takes a journey into uncharted and forbidden territory through three tales tangled in space and time.”

1Shares

"Dread", "The Book Of Blood", "Rawhead Rex", "The Last Illusion" (re-titled "The Lord Of Illusions") and "The Forbidden" (re-titled "Candyman") were also made into movies.

"Jacqueline Ess: Her Will And Testament" was being made into a movie starring Lena Headey, not sure what happened to it.

Honestly they could re-make "Rawhead Rex", the first movie was low budget as fukk.

Not sure what the budget for this series is though. Most of the stories (especially "The Body Politic", "In The Hills, The Cities" and "The Skins Of The Fathers") would need major special effects.

Best candidates for a TV adaptation with a decent budget are "How Spoilers Bleed", "The Age Of Desire", "The Yattering And Jack", "Hell's Event", "Son Of Celluloid", "The Life Of Death", "Scapegoats", "Revelations" and "Human Remains".

Fred.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
This is not appreciated. Whatever. How do you let someone watch an entire 2 hour movie and not tell them that it’s the WRONG movie. That little “prank” would have been funny to tell the person about 30 mins in but a whole day later!!?? After they watch it. Nahhhh
Time wasted. Scarier than any horror movie could ever be :wow:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
poster-the-invisible-man.jpg

Anybody seen this? I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the money on the rental. it's only 6$ and it's a blumhouse production.

Invisible man is very very dope.
Invisible Man was very good. Leigh Wannell got the juice
Hey guys! Missed you all. Any hidden gems this year? I loved “Horse Girl”. I also watched Invisible Man - it was very ok!
Invisible Man :banderas::banderas::banderas:

Hard to make an Invisible Man movie that actually capitalizes on doubts. Had me watching the background like a hawk. Elisabeth Moss really bodied the role here and sold it. Leigh Whannell is one to watch.
Saw THE INVISIBLE MAN tonight and I liked it.
The movie benefited greatly from what was a stellar acting performance by Elizabeth Moss and Leigh Whannell did some really nice directing especially when it came to creating a constant state of paranoia to the point that I was scanning every corner of the screen looking for tells that The Invisible Man was there even when he wasn't.
That combo made what was basically a sci-fi Lifetime Television "Woman in Peril" movie into something that was very entertaining.
The invisible man- some good shyt but it got cheesy at times for me. This one of those movies you just know a black audience in a theater would have a field day with bringing the lols and fun moments.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I caught up on most everything during the shytty year that is 2020. Horror is my favorite genre but at the time I missed all those because I was more of a “I want to see the monsters” type of person instead of enjoying suspenseful thrillers. I just watched the new Halloween and damn what’s the movie with Jim from the office where they can’t make noise? That was great.

my pops let me watch evil dead back in the 90’s and that started it all.

off topic but I went to see a movie called Don’t breathe a few years ago and that shyt had the strangest ending involving sperm, a turkey baster, And an old blind man lol

:deadrose::deadrose::deadrose::deadrose:

I remember that madness, it was pretty good movie but that bizarro moment stands out by a mile! Keep dropping impressions fam.