Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

:ohhh:
Left for Dead. Back for Vengeance.

Bloody Disgusting has the exclusive trailer premiere for the brutal survival thriller Range Runners, from director Philip S. Plowden, which premieres On Demand and DVD September 8thfrom Uncork’d Entertainment.

In the film, “A woman thru-hiking an isolated trail runs into trouble when her pack is hijacked by two men hiding out in the woods, desperate and on the run. Now, stranded and left to fend for herself, she has a choice: crawl back to her normal life in defeat, or push forward and take back what was stolen from her.

A new candidate for the Black Final Girls list? :obama:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
If I was making SCREAM 5 I'd have Gayle and Dewey get murdered in the pre-credits kill scenes and then kill Sydney by the end of the movie.

Clear out the old stuff and focus on making a new generation of characters for fans to connect with.
:unimpressed:
Then it won’t be a Scream movie anymore. You take away the characters which are the premise of the movie, which takes away from the foundation of the movie because it will diverge too far left. You saw what happened to Black Christmas when they tried to change the formula.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Those knots weren't even complicated...she should've been able to untie them in 2 seconds.

And I could never get into those WRONG TURN movies because they made a bunch of inbred, slowful hillbilly mutants way to crafty. You can't be deformed mouth breathing grunting mongoloids and be John Rambo in FIRST BLOOD. That shyt makes no sense.
:deadmanny:
No Jello- they’re supposed to be crafty- they grew up in the backwoods their whole life; that’s literally all they know is how to maneuver in the woods and kill people. They’re the product of a nuclear waste factory/testing ground just like Hills Have Eyes which gives them superhuman strength. Except in Wrong Turn - they are feral - they are hunters sizing up their prey. They are bred to hunt humans and protect their territory. They are dumb hicks but they are “smart” when it comes to sizing up their prey which is how they can come up with all of those rudimentary traps to capture them. They have no concept of empathy and lack any emotion which makes them killers.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:unimpressed:
Then it won’t be a Scream movie anymore. You take away the characters which are the premise of the movie, which takes away from the foundation of the movie because it will diverge too far left. You saw what happened to Black Christmas when they tried to change the formula.
Scream is someone in a Ghost Face mask killing people and the mystery surrounding who it is and why they are doing it.
The original movie's survivors don't need to be in it to make it Scream.

And Black Christmas 2019 was a mess because it was a terrible movie. The 2006 remake was good and it didn't need to revolve around Olivia Hussey's Jess to be considered a Black Christmas movie.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Scream is someone in a Ghost Face mask killing people and the mystery surrounding who it is and why they are doing it.
The original movie's survivors don't need to be in it to make it Scream.

And Black Christmas 2019 was a mess because it was a terrible movie. The 2006 remake was good and it didn't need to revolve around Olivia Hussey's Jess to be considered a Black Christmas movie.
If it wasn’t for Sidney, Courtney and the goof troop, Scream would not be Scream. I know you are a Neve Campbell hater so therefore, I will devalue your opinion on this just like I do with Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Rob Zombie- your bias is showing. Remove those 3 stand out characters from the movie and it’s just a regular slasher movie with a background. If all that was needed was a scream mask then that would make Jason, Hatchet or Michael a Scream movie. Scream was iconic because of the variation in the story line? Didn’t take itself too seriously and ventured into a new direction and the original cast carried that. That’s why the sequels had all recurring characters with Neve and Courtney. That is also why they waited so long for this reboot bc without the lead characters - it’s just another “teen slasher” with adults.

agree about Black Christmas 2019 but it didn’t do well bc the depiction from the original premise was way off base.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Just finished the host. Definitely bit a lot of it’s tropes directly from other movies (paranormal activity, mainly) but it was great for what it was.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
If it wasn’t for Sidney, Courtney and the goof troop, Scream would not be Scream. I know you are a Neve Campbell hater so therefore, I will devalue your opinion on this just like I do with Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Rob Zombie- your bias is showing.
I don't hate Neve Campbell or Sidney. But I also don't need to have her included in every iteration of the Scream movie franchise.

Remove those 3 stand out characters from the movie and it’s just a regular slasher movie with a background. If all that was needed was a scream mask then that would make Jason, Hatchet or Michael a Scream movie.
It's the Ghostface mask that makes it Scream because the protagonist is called "Ghostface" (word to the Wu). Unlike the other movies you mention the mystery of who is under the mask is 75% of what makes a Scream movie a Scream movie.

Scream was iconic because of the variation in the story line? Didn’t take itself too seriously and ventured into a new direction and the original cast carried that. That’s why the sequels had all recurring characters with Neve and Courtney. That is also why they waited so long for this reboot bc without the lead characters - it’s just another “teen slasher” with adults.
You just made the argument that the only person who is integral to the Scream series is Kevin Williamson. He wrote those characters that became iconic and he is capable of writing new characters who can be just as beloved. He already did it in Scream 4 with Kirby who still to this day has fans clamoring for her to be in Scream 5 even after she was killed off.

agree about Black Christmas 2019 but it didn’t do well bc the depiction from the original premise was way off base.
Black Christmas flopped because it was a horrible movie that gave away it's entire premise in its first trailer and then suffered from horrific early word of mouth. It also hurt that it was a Black Christmas movie in name only. All that supernatural shyt had nothing to do with Black Christmas.
A Scream movie just needs a killer in the Ghostface mask, a mystery around said killers identity, a script with an humorously ironic take on the horror genre and a group of self-aware characters played by aesthtically pleasing actors to kill off.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If it wasn’t for Sidney, Courtney and the goof troop, Scream would not be Scream. I know you are a Neve Campbell hater so therefore, I will devalue your opinion on this just like I do with Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Rob Zombie- your bias is showing. Remove those 3 stand out characters from the movie and it’s just a regular slasher movie with a background. If all that was needed was a scream mask then that would make Jason, Hatchet or Michael a Scream movie. Scream was iconic because of the variation in the story line? Didn’t take itself too seriously and ventured into a new direction and the original cast carried that. That’s why the sequels had all recurring characters with Neve and Courtney. That is also why they waited so long for this reboot bc without the lead characters - it’s just another “teen slasher” with adults.

going to make a counter argument here. Scream 4, which I really like, toyed with this idea of killing them off and while I know that wasn’t the actual plan for it, as a cliffhanger that’s a pretty good hook going into the fifth movie. But if they want the franchise to continue beyond the next iteration and live for another decade, one of those three core characters have to go. Aside from the fact they’re getting older, the franchise has to have real stakes. And if I go in believing these three are safe every time and they’re the three I’m the most invested in, then the drama is kinda moot. All franchises need new blood eventually, even Friday the 13th (hehe) but it’s all about the execution, no pun intended.

If there’s a good way to end the story of these three and pass the torch to a new group of teens in the same way they were the new group 20 years ago, then I’m all for it.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don't hate Neve Campbell or Sidney. But I also don't need to have her included in every iteration of the Scream movie franchise.

It's the Ghostface mask that makes it Scream because the protagonist is called "Ghostface" (word to the Wu). Unlike the other movies you mention the mystery of who is under the mask is 75% of what makes a Scream movie a Scream movie.

You just made the argument that the only person who is integral to the Scream series is Kevin Williamson. He wrote those characters that became iconic and he is capable of writing new characters who can be just as beloved. He already did it in Scream 4 with Kirby who still to this day has fans clamoring for her to be in Scream 5 even after she was killed off.

Black Christmas flopped because it was a horrible movie that gave away it's entire premise in its first trailer and then suffered from horrific early word of mouth. It also hurt that it was a Black Christmas movie in name only. All that supernatural shyt had nothing to do with Black Christmas.
A Scream movie just needs a killer in the Ghostface mask, a mystery around said killers identity, a script with an humorously ironic take on the horror genre and a group of self-aware characters played by aesthtically pleasing actors to kill off.
No one remembers Kirby - I didn’t even recall who the actress who played Kirby’s character is - I had to google her after you mentioned it. Stop- she wasn’t that notable and neither was Scream 4.
giphy.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
going to make a counter argument here. Scream 4, which I really like, toyed with this idea of killing them off and while I know that wasn’t the actual plan for it, as a cliffhanger that’s a pretty good hook going into the fifth movie. But if they want the franchise to continue beyond the next iteration and live for another decade, one of those three core characters have to go. Aside from the fact they’re getting older, the franchise has to have real stakes. And if I go in believing these three are safe every time and they’re the three I’m the most invested in, then the drama is kinda moot. All franchises need new blood eventually, even Friday the 13th (hehe) but it’s all about the execution, no pun intended.

If there’s a good way to end the story of these three and pass the torch to a new group of teens in the same way they were the new group 20 years ago, then I’m all for it.
Then they should just rename the movie and not call it “Scream” bc I foresee a number of continuity problems if they just kill off the main characters which were essential to the original plot development. That’s like having Halloween with no Jamie Curtis.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Then they should just rename the movie and not call it “Scream” bc I foresee a number of continuity problems if they just kill off the main characters which were essential to the original plot development. That’s like having Halloween with no Jamie Curtis.
Not necessarily because at its core, scream is all about tearing down teen culture and commenting on the current state of horror. Some other crazy kid with a mask can put it on for their own crazy reasons and have nothing to do with the Prescott’s. We’ve seen sid’s dad, mom, half brother, and niece. For anymore family of hers to pop up would be borderline ridiculous at this point :russ:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
No one remembers Kirby - I didn’t even recall who the actress who played Kirby’s character is - I had to google her after you mentioned it. Stop- she wasn’t that notable and neither was Scream 4.
giphy.gif
The character was trending on Twitter when Scream 5 was announced.