Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
It was this part wasn't it?
QmAVkLT.gif

lZVevbQ.mp4
I can’t :laff::laff:.that is horrible. I thought this was a scene from Sharknado.
4EyU.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
[Bloodstreams] 10 Smoking Hot Horror Picks Streaming in August 2020 - Nightmare on Film Street

Notables:
LA LLORONA (2020)
This paranormal political thriller follows the family of a retired military general. Tensions flare in the lead-up to his trial for committing genocide. This Guatemalan film, unrelated to last year’s The Curse of La Llorona, was a hit at festivals. You can stream it only on Shudder on August 6th.

random-acts-of-violence.jpeg

RANDOM ACTS OF VIOLENCE(2020)
Under the best circumstances, Comic-Con can be overwhelming. There are a ton of people in a small space, you have to wait in lines all day, and everything’s more expensive than you want it to be. Under the worst circumstances, people are getting butchered and the killer might be inspired by your work! This is the situation that Todd finds himself in for Random Acts of Violence, directed by noted comedy actor Jay Baruchel. It lands exclusively on Shudder on August 20th.

Still_03.jpg

THE SHED (2019)
A vampire living in your backyard is the kind of thing that sounds awesome until you have to deal with it. Stan is seventeen, trying to protect his friend from bullies, and now he has to deal with this whole vampire situation too! His friend has some plans for the vampire, but Stan had better keep a close eye on him. This horror drama was an official selection at the Brooklyn Horror Film Festival and the Sitges International Film Festival. Check it out on Shudder on August 27th.

BIOHACKERS (2020)
This German series follows a medical student as she uncovers the mystery of her brother’s death. Meanwhile, she gets into the underground genetic modification scene, which sounds so rad that I don’t know if it’s a real thing or not. A lot of this went right over my head, but it sounds cool. Hack the mainframe firewall (I think?) exclusively on Netflix August 20th.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

:ohhh:
Left for Dead. Back for Vengeance.

Bloody Disgusting has the exclusive trailer premiere for the brutal survival thriller Range Runners, from director Philip S. Plowden, which premieres On Demand and DVD September 8thfrom Uncork’d Entertainment.

In the film, “A woman thru-hiking an isolated trail runs into trouble when her pack is hijacked by two men hiding out in the woods, desperate and on the run. Now, stranded and left to fend for herself, she has a choice: crawl back to her normal life in defeat, or push forward and take back what was stolen from her.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
I saw Dog Soldiers on Shudder's "leaving soon" list and remembered @cac poster suggesting it...good looks!

For those that haven't seen the posts, I've been running through a lot of werewolf movies. I generally like werewolves in fiction but the movies have never been my go to; so I used the drought to backtrack and look at as many famous takes on the story as I can. A lot of the time, the stories share a gang of similarities but Dog Soldiers remixes the story by layering in action heroics.

It's like Predator meets Assault on Precinct 13 (or any "survive in one place through the time limit" style flick) but with some UK humor mixed (a running soccer joke for example). What's especially dope about this ish is that it could just lean on tropes and become a schlock action film; but they actually toy with some new ideas. The wolves aren't just blind beasts, so tactics come into play on both sides. The characters have personality that makes it feel like there's a real back story to everybody, even the creatures have a bit of history to share. You end up invested in the stakes in spite of the over the top action sequences.

If I had to complain; it does go full B-Movie at points. Although I didn't think the wolves looked the best, they have a really unique feel that helps on that end. The cast has some familiar faces (Alfred from the series Gotham plays a key role) and it's obvious these dudes were having fun with the script. You probably want to be an action fan to truly enjoy this one; it's just as much an action flick as it is a horror, if not more. But it's a really cool twist on the usual werewolf formula.
One of my childhood favorites, an “all-timer” if you will. Not all British horror sucks!

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
If I was making SCREAM 5 I'd have Gayle and Dewey get murdered in the pre-credits kill scenes and then kill Sydney by the end of the movie.

Clear out the old stuff and focus on making a new generation of characters for fans to connect with.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Best horror movie deaths

Those knots weren't even complicated...she should've been able to untie them in 2 seconds.

And I could never get into those WRONG TURN movies because they made a bunch of inbred, slowful hillbilly mutants way to crafty. You can't be deformed mouth breathing grunting mongoloids and be John Rambo in FIRST BLOOD. That shyt makes no sense.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
random-acts-of-violence.jpeg

RANDOM ACTS OF VIOLENCE(2020)
Under the best circumstances, Comic-Con can be overwhelming. There are a ton of people in a small space, you have to wait in lines all day, and everything’s more expensive than you want it to be. Under the worst circumstances, people are getting butchered and the killer might be inspired by your work! This is the situation that Todd finds himself in for Random Acts of Violence, directed by noted comedy actor Jay Baruchel. It lands exclusively on Shudder on August 20th.

Still_03.jpg

THE SHED (2019)
A vampire living in your backyard is the kind of thing that sounds awesome until you have to deal with it. Stan is seventeen, trying to protect his friend from bullies, and now he has to deal with this whole vampire situation too! His friend has some plans for the vampire, but Stan had better keep a close eye on him. This horror drama was an official selection at the Brooklyn Horror Film Festival and the Sitges International Film Festival. Check it out on Shudder on August 27th.

I have RANDOM ACTS OF VIOLENCE on deck for today.

I watched the SHED not too long ago and enjoyed it.