Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then they should just rename the movie and not call it “Scream” bc I foresee a number of continuity problems if they just kill off the main characters which were essential to the original plot development. That’s like having Halloween with no Jamie Curtis.
They do need to introduce new characters similar to Halloween ( though hopefully much better than how Halloween did it )and have them involved with the OGS. shouldn’t kill anyone off until part 2 at least Though

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Then they should just rename the movie and not call it “Scream” bc I foresee a number of continuity problems if they just kill off the main characters which were essential to the original plot development. That’s like having Halloween with no Jamie Curtis.
What continuity problems? You kill them three and keep it moving. Its not like Halloween where Michael and Laurie hare one another's nemeses.

All the Ghostface's that came for Sidney, Gayle and Dewey for personal reasons are dead. It's honestly getting kind of ridiculous that so many people decide to have blood vendettas against these three. How long you gonna have cousins, ex-brother-in-laws, long lost mothers/fathers etc. coming up with elaborate plots to kill those three and anyone who happens to be near them?

Those motherfukkers need to die. Point blank period.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Not necessarily because at its core, scream is all about tearing down teen culture and commenting on the current state of horror. Some other crazy kid with a mask can put it on for their own crazy reasons and have nothing to do with the Prescott’s. We’ve seen sid’s dad, mom, half brother, and niece. For anymore family of hers to pop up would be borderline ridiculous at this point :russ:
giphy.gif

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What continuity problems? You kill them three and keep it moving. Its not like Halloween where Michael and Laurie hare one another's nemeses.

All the Ghostface's that came for Sidney, Gayle and Dewey for personal reasons are dead. It's honestly getting kind of ridiculous that so many people decide to have blood vendettas against these three. How long you gonna have cousins, ex-brother-in-laws, long lost mothers/fathers etc. coming up with elaborate plots to kill those three and anyone who happens to be near them?

Those motherfukkers need to die. Point blank period.
Also, for it to keep being teenagers who have beef with people old enough to be their parents? That doesn’t work. They’re all in their 40s now. Why would a high school kid who isn’t related to them want them dead? They used the best motivation in scream 4, which is to make their own version of the original. But yeah it’s gotta be new blood. Doesn’t even have to kill them off but a nice way to write them into the sunset and just get them off the board.

The problem is they’re falling into the same hole Halloween fell in. Unless your name is Myers and you’re not connected to Laurie in any way, you’re good. So why should anyone else be scared? And then to keep coming up with connections to Laurie became ridiculous. After her daughter we then had...the people who moved into the Myers’ house? :russ: Then they killed Laurie off and it went back to...people staying in the Myers’ house. That takes the juice out of a very simple idea that carpenter and Debra hill created.

Kevin Williamson will make sure the soap opera aspects of scream are there in this new movie but I think he’s also smart enough to know how to steer it so it’s properly reinvented and moved the franchise forward. Constantly focusing on these three and their family ties or friendship ties keeps it stagnant

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Also, for it to keep being teenagers who have beef with people old enough to be their parents? That doesn’t work. They’re all in their 40s now. Why would a high school kid who isn’t related to them want them dead? They used the best motivation in scream 4, which is to make their own version of the original. But yeah it’s gotta be new blood. Doesn’t even have to kill them off but a nice way to write them into the sunset and just get them off the board.

The problem is they’re falling into the same hole Halloween fell in. Unless your name is Myers and you’re not connected to Laurie in any way, you’re good. So why should anyone else be scared? And then to keep coming up with connections to Laurie became ridiculous. After her daughter we then had...the people who moved into the Myers’ house? :russ: Then they killed Laurie off and it went back to...people staying in the Myers’ house. That takes the juice out of a very simple idea that carpenter and Debra hill created.

Kevin Williamson will make sure the soap opera aspects of scream are there in this new movie but I think he’s also smart enough to know how to steer it so it’s properly reinvented and moved the franchise forward. Constantly focusing on these three and their family ties or friendship ties keeps it stagnant
Plus no disrespect to Neve, Arquette and Cox but none of them jobbers can carry Jamie Lee Curtis' jock so let's not even compare them to her coming back to/being an integral part of Halloween.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Plus no disrespect to Neve, Arquette and Cox but none of them jobbers can carry Jamie Lee Curtis' jock so let's not even compare them to her coming back to/being an integral part of Halloween.
I see what you’re trying to do -
tenor.gif

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Bookmarked and Noted. I’ll be back.

Because now you’re putting words into my mouth without even letting me speak about my conceptual point of view. I wasn’t even talking about having them be teenagers or keep the teenage angst/family concept in place.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
They do need to introduce new characters similar to Halloween ( though hopefully much better than how Halloween did it )and have them involved with the OGS. shouldn’t kill anyone off until part 2 at least Though
Horror community loves Kirby. And because the original scream 5 never popped off, killing her feels like a waste
This discussion is not over.
tumblr_mbyrwlaumh1rv2wxho3_500.gif

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Bookmarked and Noted. I’ll be back.

Because now you’re putting words into my mouth without even letting me speak about my conceptual point of view. I wasn’t even talking about having them be teenagers or keep the teenage angst/family concept in place.
Oh nah that’s not for you. That’s just me thinking out loud about the series as a whole and how it’s functioned. Would never put words in your mouth at all. We better than that in here

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
First of all, and I mean this with all due disrespect - your idea of integral is as flaky as your opinions. Nextly (lol) for you and @MartyMcFly and @23barretcity to be so awe inspired by Scream 4, suffice it to say that it was pure shyt. That was the most underperforming movie of the franchise so all that yada yada about Kirby the unknown, is a non factor. Nobody if sitting around waiting for Hayden Pantsinherreari to be case in another Scream movie. Case in point. “The Scream film franchise closed shop back in 2011 when Scream 4underperformed at the box office. The film grossed only $38M domestic, a $50M drop from Scream 3 ($89 M) and a far cry from Scream 1 & 2’s blockbuster $100M+ grosses.” Scream 4 is the reason why there has been no further Scream movies. Hmmm.. I wonder why- could it be that essential members of the original case were not in it. On to my next point- y’all are going to act like there weren’t 2 seasons of the Scream series that are already out, for the next gen of Scream fans?? The idea of having new characters introduced is not a new concept- it’s already done. In. The, form of MTV’s Scream series.

critics and fans have since (re)classified Scream 4 as prescient and ahead of its time in its depiction of social media and stardom, the lingering whiff of commercial failure has prevented a fifth entry from being greenlit.

The single biggest logistical challenge preventing a fifth film is the willingness of the original creative team to return.

- what part of “failure” do you not understand. Notice how the article says ORIGINAL creative team. You can’t re-create a Scream series without the team that made the OFFICIAL version a commercial success. RIP Wes Craven