Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
These dudes left out The Scream series- the series did better and had more viability and popularity with the audience than Scream 4. That’s gotta hurt.
tenor.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Oh nah that’s not for you. That’s just me thinking out loud about the series as a whole and how it’s functioned. Would never put words in your mouth at all. We better than that in here

Plus no disrespect to Neve, Arquette and Cox but none of them jobbers can carry Jamie Lee Curtis' jock so let's not even compare them to her coming back to/being an integral part of Halloween.
And y’all are acting like my comparison of Jamie Lee Curtis was so far fetched but it’s been brought up before and by whom do you ask??
None other than Jason Blum, yes, THE Jason Blum of Blumhouse productions-
Blumhouse were to take ownership of Scream, it remains unclear what form a new addition to the franchise would take. Online speculation has interpreted Blum’s vague word choice both ways, inferring either a reboot or a continuation of the original films. Some believe that the only option forward is an aforementioned fifth entry, pointing to Jamie Lee Curtis’ return in Halloween (2018) as evidence of how Blumhouse would proceed.

Scream vs. Halloween

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
And y’all are acting like my comparison of Jamie Lee Curtis was so far fetched but it’s been brought up before and by whom do you ask??
None other than Jason Blum, yes, THE Jason Blum of Blumhouse productions-
Blumhouse were to take ownership of Scream, it remains unclear what form a new addition to the franchise would take. Online speculation has interpreted Blum’s vague word choice both ways, inferring either a reboot or a continuation of the original films. Some believe that the only option forward is an aforementioned fifth entry, pointing to Jamie Lee Curtis’ return in Halloween (2018) as evidence of how Blumhouse would proceed.

Scream vs. Halloween
I don’t think the comparisons to Jamie lee and neve are wrong. I just don’t think scream would be in bad shape if neve left storyline wise the way Halloween fukked itself by making Michael and Laurie related. When Halloween continues after Halloween Ends, it’ll be a fresh start with a fresh cast. In fact, david Gordon green recently said Laurie isn’t really the main character in Halloween Ends; her granddaughter is. So there’s already an acknowledgement of moving forward and letting a new generation take the reins.

Scream, much like Halloween, has a very simple concept at its core once you take out the soap opera elements that have come to define it. That simple element can continue whether it’s neve or a new girl 20 years younger.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Host is effective as fukk. Props to everyone involved
This is one of those movies that I really shouldn’t have watched before going to bed and/or watch by myself. Movie is super creepy - This background that Caroline has walking back and forth, and I legit jumped about 5 times. I’m done. The “less is more” mantra really worked with this.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First of all, and I mean this with all due disrespect - your idea of integral is as flaky as your opinions. Nextly (lol) for you and @MartyMcFly and @23barretcity to be so awe inspired by Scream 4, suffice it to say that it was pure shyt. That was the most underperforming movie of the franchise so all that yada yada about Kirby the unknown, is a non factor. Nobody if sitting around waiting for Hayden Pantsinherreari to be case in another Scream movie. Case in point. “The Scream film franchise closed shop back in 2011 when Scream 4underperformed at the box office. The film grossed only $38M domestic, a $50M drop from Scream 3 ($89 M) and a far cry from Scream 1 & 2’s blockbuster $100M+ grosses.” Scream 4 is the reason why there has been no further Scream movies. Hmmm.. I wonder why- could it be that essential members of the original case were not in it. On to my next point- y’all are going to act like there weren’t 2 seasons of the Scream series that are already out, for the next gen of Scream fans?? The idea of having new characters introduced is not a new concept- it’s already done. In. The, form of MTV’s Scream series.

critics and fans have since (re)classified Scream 4 as prescient and ahead of its time in its depiction of social media and stardom, the lingering whiff of commercial failure has prevented a fifth entry from being greenlit.

The single biggest logistical challenge preventing a fifth film is the willingness of the original creative team to return.

- what part of “failure” do you not understand. Notice how the article says ORIGINAL creative team. You can’t re-create a Scream series without the team that made the OFFICIAL version a commercial success. RIP Wes Craven
Why are you quoting me ? All I said is they have to introduce new characters but for tto be successful it needs the OG stars and should be handled like a better version of the new Halloween movie og with new characters who can eventually be the leadS if need be . They’ve tried to make scream stuff that wasn’t Sidney centric and none of it took off really better yo use nostalgia to hook in fans and then go from there with good storytelling a reboot is pointless

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Why are you quoting me ? All I said is they have to introduce new characters but for tto be successful it needs the OG stars and should be handled like a better version of the new Halloween movie og with new characters who can eventually be the leadS if need be . They’ve tried to make scream stuff that wasn’t Sidney centric and none of it took off really better yo use nostalgia to hook in fans and then go from there with good storytelling a reboot is pointless
I quoted all 3 of you, it was a light hearted discussion/debate. No problem though, since you seem to be so sensitive; I won’t quote you on this thread anymore. @MartyMcFly @Jello Biafra and I have been discussing our takes and opinions on movies for 2years +, with the rapport; it’s not that serious. At the end of the day, we all respect the feedback and discussions; updates and constructive discourse. Not sure why you’re the only one who got irate about it - this is not TLR.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
First of all, and I mean this with all due disrespect - your idea of integral is as flaky as your opinions. Nextly (lol) for you and @MartyMcFly and @23barretcity to be so awe inspired by Scream 4, suffice it to say that it was pure shyt. That was the most underperforming movie of the franchise so all that yada yada about Kirby the unknown, is a non factor. Nobody if sitting around waiting for Hayden Pantsinherreari to be case in another Scream movie. Case in point. “The Scream film franchise closed shop back in 2011 when Scream 4underperformed at the box office. The film grossed only $38M domestic, a $50M drop from Scream 3 ($89 M) and a far cry from Scream 1 & 2’s blockbuster $100M+ grosses.” Scream 4 is the reason why there has been no further Scream movies. Hmmm.. I wonder why- could it be that essential members of the original case were not in it. On to my next point- y’all are going to act like there weren’t 2 seasons of the Scream series that are already out, for the next gen of Scream fans?? The idea of having new characters introduced is not a new concept- it’s already done. In. The, form of MTV’s Scream series.

critics and fans have since (re)classified Scream 4 as prescient and ahead of its time in its depiction of social media and stardom, the lingering whiff of commercial failure has prevented a fifth entry from being greenlit.

The single biggest logistical challenge preventing a fifth film is the willingness of the original creative team to return.

- what part of “failure” do you not understand. Notice how the article says ORIGINAL creative team. You can’t re-create a Scream series without the team that made the OFFICIAL version a commercial success. RIP Wes Craven

You shyt on SCREAM 4 and dismiss the character of Kirby in one post then post a list+video of the SCREAM films ranked that places SCREAM 4 at #2 and makes it point to mention the character of Kirby.

You are making my argument for me.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
These dudes left out The Scream series- the series did better and had more viability and popularity with the audience than Scream 4. That’s gotta hurt.
tenor.gif
The first two seasons of the Scream series was Scream in name only and was so middling that they had to basically reboot the series in the 3rd season with all new characters and a return to the OG Ghostface mask.
And the combined number of people who watched all 3 seasons of the Scream TV show still doesn't equal out to the number of people who went to the movie theater to see SCREAM 4.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You shyt on SCREAM 4 and dismiss the character of Kirby in one post then post a list+video of the SCREAM films ranked that places SCREAM 4 at #2 and makes it point to mention the character of Kirby.

You are making my argument for me.
That’s just an individual ranker while you ignore the Den of Geek official list that I posted. 2nd place is for losers. That’s like receiving a participation award they give you in 6th grade to make everyone feel included - it means nothing.