Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It’s a month tho lol. A month ain’t nothing compared to a year

Btw that article you wrote on Bloody Disgutsing was dope!! I actually had read it earlier that morning before I even saw your post here about it. I be lurking in here most of time and dont really post in this thread, but I just wanted to tell you that. Lol I noticed it was odd they did not have a comment section.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Btw that article you wrote on Bloody Disgutsing was dope!! I actually had read it earlier that morning before I even saw your post here about it. I be lurking in here most of time and dont really post in this thread, but I just wanted to tell you that. Lol I noticed it was odd they did not have a comment section.
Oh they did lol. It got hectic so they cut it off. I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

Thanks for the read. Glad you enjoyed it

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yall know I stan concepts and new approaches to storytelling. So I was pretty excited to finally catch up on the movie Maniac (the Elijah Wood one, not the oldie). For those who never heard of it (I had slept on it myself), it's a slasher entirely in first person through the eyes of the killer.

My first impression is that the first person mechanics definitely did hit. There's a voyeur aspect to the character that doubles for you and then when he's unleashing on someone, you're along for the ride in an incredibly uncomfortable way. But it's all character study, flimsy plot that's made more interesting by the ways they play on the killer's perspective. It was mostly just okay to me though.

Elijah Wood bodied his role (this dude is outperforming most scream queens on horror output and performances); the first person thing was definitely a nice touch and that's the reason to give it a look.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Yall know I stan concepts and new approaches to storytelling. So I was pretty excited to finally catch up on the movie Maniac (the Elijah Wood one, not the oldie). For those who never heard of it (I had slept on it myself), it's a slasher entirely in first person through the eyes of the killer.

My first impression is that the first person mechanics definitely did hit. There's a voyeur aspect to the character that doubles for you and then when he's unleashing on someone, you're along for the ride in an incredibly uncomfortable way. But it's all character study, flimsy plot that's made more interesting by the ways they play on the killer's perspective. It was mostly just okay to me though.

Elijah Wood bodied his role (this dude is outperforming most scream queens on horror output and performances); the first person thing was definitely a nice touch and that's the reason to give it a look.
Elijah being a horror stan is cool. He could’ve easily just rode his LOTR fame out and done mindless TV for a check, but he’s put out some good horror and he’s always popping up in horror docs.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Elijah being a horror stan is cool. He could’ve easily just rode his LOTR fame out and done mindless TV for a check, but he’s put out some good horror and he’s always popping up in horror docs.

Yeah, it's wild to see Frodo Baggins as a psychopath or even as just a lonely, weirdo in Come to Daddy. Dude's range is nuts and he's not picking big time roles...Maniac was probably a high risk pick considering how violent and messed up it is. He's got the harmless, but could be a creeper image down pat ever since Sin City.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
One of the FEW remakes that I liked more than the original.
That shyt was so disturbing...

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I haven't seen this movie since probably 2013-2014 but I do remember being impressed with the first person conceit and how things would switch to a more conventional view at the height of the murders the character was committing.

I also how remember thinking how good Elijah Wood was in the role.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah, it's wild to see Frodo Baggins as a psychopath or even as just a lonely, weirdo in Come to Daddy. Dude's range is nuts and he's not picking big time roles...Maniac was probably a high risk pick considering how violent and messed up it is. He's got the harmless, but could be a creeper image down pat ever since Sin City.
I loved how unassuming yet psychopathic Wood was in Sin City.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I loved how unassuming yet psychopathic Wood was in Sin City.

This man right here is scary!

kev.png

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The CW is putting out a slasher horror reality series called KILLER CAMP:

qurNp91.jpg

Reality television series in which 11 contestants stay in a lakeside lodge, but soon learn that it's not the Summer Camp they'd envisaged, but a Killer Camp with a secret murderer among them.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Blumhouse, Ryan Murphy and John Lee Hancock Adapting Stephen King Story ‘Mr. Harrigan’s Phone’ for Netflix

yiyF8p6.png

The story comes from the New York Times best-selling collection If It Bleeds and follows a young boy who befriends an older billionaire who lives in his small-town neighborhood. They bond over the man’s first iPhone. But when the man dies, the boy discovers that not everything dead is gone and finds himself able to communicate with his friend from the grave by leaving voicemails on the iPhone that was buried with him.

John Lee Hancock, the filmmaker behind The Blind Side and Saving Mr. Banks, has been tapped to write and direct.

Carla Hacken will produce along with Murphy and Blum, with Blumhouse Television’s Marci Wiseman and Jeremy Gold exec producing.

Blumhouse is readying for production on a remake of another King property, Firestarter, for Universal. Mr. Harrigan’s Phone marks the streamer's fourth King project, following Gerald’s Game, 1922 and In the Tall Grass.

Blumhouse, Ryan Murphy Team for Stephen King Adaptation 'Mr. Harrigan's Phone' for Netflix

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
The CW is putting out a slasher horror reality series called KILLER CAMP:

qurNp91.jpg

Reality television series in which 11 contestants stay in a lakeside lodge, but soon learn that it's not the Summer Camp they'd envisaged, but a Killer Camp with a secret murderer among them.

CW is low key putting out some unexpectedly decent shows. Reign, Black Lightning, Dynasty and now they’re putting out a thriller series.