Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Silver Bullet (1985) - IMDb

Tried to continue my recent run on Werewolf films with the 1985 adaptation of a Stephen King book (one I didn't read though) Silver Bullet. I think my error is that I'm coming off of some absolute piff like Ginger Snaps and American Werewolf in London; so this one didn't keep my interest. It felt solid across the board from performances to bits of build-up to kills, but it just didn't have any extra gear comparable to the top notch wolf movies or even modern day second tier wolf flicks like Howl It's quintessentially 80's with Gary Busey and Corey Haim. It also carries most of the King tropes; small town, coming of age, kids seeing what adults overlook...all that fun with Gary Busey being Gary Busey while a werewolf catches bodies.

It's just that the stand out stuff wasn't the "scary" stuff so much as it was the 80's charm and treating Stephen King like an auteur all his own. The scares and effects haven't aged as well as I'd have liked. So this one gets a
5103439.gif

If you want to do run through good wolf horror, I wouldn't say to stay away. But keep this early on the list because while it hits the beats decently and has some added charm; it's not gonna live up to the better wolf stuff.
Yeah this one is a classic cheeser but I like it, it’s got charm (Gary Busey). I love werewolf movies too what few there are worthwhile so I appreciate the recent postings. You were mentioning some of my favorites with AWIL and ginger snaps.. if you haven’t seen dog soldiers yet that is an all-timer

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
It would be nearly impossible with a small budget but if you could get “In the Hills, the Cities” adapted to a short film or one of an anthology’s episodes, it would be unreal good in the right hands. Ari Asshead should throw a ton of studio money at that and redeem himself before Horror Mount Olympus. It would be a failed masterpiece but could get a following if they portray the gay relationship with some truth to barker’s pervy writing. Doesn’t Netflix eat that shyt up these days? @OVOnATuesday @geez

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

Candyman (Sept. 25)
This horror remake directed by Nia DaCosta and written by Jordan Peele has been pushed to September.

Original release date: June 12, 2020

Godzilla vs Kong (May 21, 2021)

The monster-mashing sequel had played around with its release date before the pandemic even happened, and in June Warner Bros. moved it again to avoid a pileup of new releases in November.

Original release date: Nov. 20, 2020

(I’m not pleased)
57a684a997b63a4758158ec0e321fdb3.gif

we would be discussing this had it not been for current circumstances and now I have to wait until next summer for Godzilla

Daps
Reppin
Denver

Candyman (Sept. 25)
This horror remake directed by Nia DaCosta and written by Jordan Peele has been pushed to September.

The monster-mashing sequel had played around with its release date before the pandemic even happened, and in June Warner Bros. moved it again to avoid a pileup of new releases in November.

(I’m not pleased)

we would be discussing this had it not been for current circumstances and now I have to wait until next summer for Godzilla
I forgot all about candyman

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Candyman (Sept. 25)

(I’m not pleased)

THEY fukkING PUSHED GODZILLA BACK A DAMN YEAR:beli:

Oh and let's not forget, Halloween Kills is basically in "fingers crossed" mode right now:beli:

And The Conjuring 3 is getting pushed back. I'm expecting it. I'll be shocked if it isn't. Legitimately shocked

OVOnATuesday

2018 Nicest Poster Posty Award Winner
Daps
Reppin
kenosha, WI
It would be nearly impossible with a small budget but if you could get “In the Hills, the Cities” adapted to a short film or one of an anthology’s episodes, it would be unreal good in the right hands. Ari Asshead should throw a ton of studio money at that and redeem himself before Horror Mount Olympus. It would be a failed masterpiece but could get a following if they portray the gay relationship with some truth to barker’s pervy writing. Doesn’t Netflix eat that shyt up these days? @OVOnATuesday @geez

bro what the heck somehow this slipped passed the radar: ‘Hellraiser’ Series in Development at HBO – Variety
also: Clive Barker’s ‘Hellraiser’ Getting Revived With David Goyer – Variety ??

Goyer added, “I’ve been a fan of Clive’s work since the original Books of Blood paperbacks and ‘The Hellbound Heart’ novella. Having the chance to reimagine Pinhead and the Cenobites for a new audience is a nightmare-come-true. Gary is a true fan as well and we’re committed to making something dark and visceral.”

course of actions:
  1. Candyman remake becomes huge success and streaming companies look into Barker's massive amount of work
  2. Hellraiser HBO show is great
  3. With movie theaters completely eradicated due to financial collapse, filmmakers have no option BUT to work with streaming companies
  4. Ari Asshead spend enough time in isolation to realize he's a hack and makes a good version of it

wow...the wikipedia page revealed a complete missed opportunity of wonderful crossovers:

In May 2015, Variety reported that Clive Barker was developing a television series adaptation of various creepypastas in partnership with Warner Brothers, to be called Clive Barker's Creepypastas, a feature arcs based on Slender Man and Ben Drowned.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
THEY fukkING PUSHED GODZILLA BACK A DAMN YEAR:beli:

Oh and let's not forget, Halloween Kills is basically in "fingers crossed" mode right now:beli:

And The Conjuring 3 is getting pushed back. I'm expecting it. I'll be shocked if it isn't. Legitimately shocked
With the way all these states opening are seeing coronavirus cases rising I doubt anything in 2020 is going to come out.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
With the way all these states opening are seeing coronavirus cases rising I doubt anything in 2020 is going to come out.
I see that now. It’s just weird and disconcerting not having new horror content on deck or upcoming big movie releases to check for that I’ve been anticipating. Think I will start reading books that were adapted into horror movies that I’ve watched throughout the years to fill the void. There’s only so many straight to vid or originals that are actually holding my interest lately.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It’s been a lot going on :manny:
I know -understandable. that’s why I need my horror movies escapism :mjcry:
I’m going through withdrawal - no new movies, no new series, nothing. My watch list is shrinking, running out of ideas of what to watch, my supply is low
:sadcam:
BoilingInferiorBinturong-small.gif