Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Has Anyone seen this? Amazon original -
The_Vast_of_Night_poster.jpg

i read the premise a few times.
watched the trailer, and im tryna figure out if this would even be worth the time.
i might be misjudging this, but it looks like that one movie "Pontypool."

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
watched the trailer, and im tryna figure out if this would even be worth the time.
Pontypool... that’s a title that I haven’t seen in forever. From what I recall, there’s this mysterious women who calls into a radio station, the host becomes enamored with her and a strange series of events start occurring throughout the night. That movie is so vague to me, it may have been over my head at the time - one of those movies that doesn’t translate as a kid.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Pontypool... that’s a title that I haven’t seen in forever. From what I recall, there’s this mysterious women who calls into a radio station, the host becomes enamored with her and a strange series of events start occurring throughout the night. That movie is so vague to me, it may have been over my head at the time - one of those movies that doesn’t translate as a kid.
yeah. Pontypool was AIGHT! it basically played on that Orson welles radio drama stuff.
i just want a really dope Chucky movie. and i liked the last one and that remake one.
i like killer dolls and puppets and shyt!
i want a Zombie Puppet movie!

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
They actually filmed Vast of the Night, in that grainy 1950s style format and the sound quality so that it actually has the visual appearance of an old movie - this looks like complete shyt
:scust:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Watched You Should Have Left and I definitely feel the overwhelming "meh" that I see a lot of heads coming off with. It's not bad, but it's not one I'll be revisiting. Pretty bland, weak scares and didn't feel like it brought anything new to the table. With the talent line-up it had, I was expecting it to be a can't miss. That one scene in the trailer with the tape measurer had me cautiously optimistic that we'd get some House of Leaves level mind games. But it doesn't really explore any of the decent ideas it has and the ones it does get into wind up falling into some fairly trope-ish areas.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind but there was so much good lined up. You had Bacon, Seyfried, the Stir of Echoes mind and Blumhouse on the case and everyone showed up with a C-, passed but barely, effort.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I have recoverttt from my stomach ailment. :blessed:
Back to more important issues like horror movie watching. Checking this out now - “I see you”

I enjoyed this one for the perspective play they did with the storytelling.

Has Anyone seen this? Amazon original -
The_Vast_of_Night_poster.jpg

This one I started but it felt like nothing had happened after a half-hour and I wound up turning it off.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Watched You Should Have Left and I definitely feel the overwhelming "meh" that I see a lot of heads coming off with. It's not bad, but it's not one I'll be revisiting. Pretty bland, weak scares and didn't feel like it brought anything new to the table. With the talent line-up it had, I was expecting it to be a can't miss. That one scene in the trailer with the tape measurer had me cautiously optimistic that we'd get some House of Leaves level mind games. But it doesn't really explore any of the decent ideas it has and the ones it does get into wind up falling into some fairly trope-ish areas.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind but there was so much good lined up. You had Bacon, Seyfried, the Stir of Echoes mind and Blumhouse on the case and everyone showed up with a C-, passed but barely, effort.
I wanted to like it fam.
But i was like, "ehhhh!"

And i really sat and paid attention.
It just wasnt executed right I dont think.

But off topic...

This Anna Kendrick show on HBO MAX is whats up!!!

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Silver Bullet (1985) - IMDb

Tried to continue my recent run on Werewolf films with the 1985 adaptation of a Stephen King book (one I didn't read though) Silver Bullet. I think my error is that I'm coming off of some absolute piff like Ginger Snaps and American Werewolf in London; so this one didn't keep my interest. It felt solid across the board from performances to bits of build-up to kills, but it just didn't have any extra gear comparable to the top notch wolf movies or even modern day second tier wolf flicks like Howl It's quintessentially 80's with Gary Busey and Corey Haim. It also carries most of the King tropes; small town, coming of age, kids seeing what adults overlook...all that fun with Gary Busey being Gary Busey while a werewolf catches bodies.

It's just that the stand out stuff wasn't the "scary" stuff so much as it was the 80's charm and treating Stephen King like an auteur all his own. The scares and effects haven't aged as well as I'd have liked. So this one gets a
5103439.gif

If you want to do run through good wolf horror, I wouldn't say to stay away. But keep this early on the list because while it hits the beats decently and has some added charm; it's not gonna live up to the better wolf stuff.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@Jello Biafra Jane Levy doesn't want to do horror any time soon. Thats one reason she's not in the new Evil Dead

Jane Levy Is Done With 'Evil Dead' for Now, But That Doesn't Mean She's Done With Horror

Says screaming and running around for 3 months isn't something she's interested in at the moment
I can understand that, as an actor, she doesn't want to go to the place you need to go to physically for a horror movie. Especially when her current gig basically has her doing romantic musical comedy every week.

Still bummed she won't be in the new Evil Dead though.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Tried to continue my recent run on Werewolf films with the 1985 adaptation of a Stephen King book (one I didn't read though) Silver Bullet. I think my error is that I'm coming off of some absolute piff like Ginger Snaps and American Werewolf in London; so this one didn't keep my interest. It felt solid across the board from performances to bits of build-up to kills, but it just didn't have any extra gear comparable to the top notch wolf movies or even modern day second tier wolf flicks like Howl It's quintessentially 80's with Gary Busey and Corey Haim. It also carries most of the King tropes; small town, coming of age, kids seeing what adults overlook...all that fun with Gary Busey being Gary Busey while a werewolf catches bodies.

It's just that the stand out stuff wasn't the "scary" stuff so much as it was the 80's charm and treating Stephen King like an auteur all his own. The scares and effects haven't aged as well as I'd have liked. So this one gets a
5103439.gif

If you want to do run through good wolf horror, I wouldn't say to stay away. But keep this early on the list because while it hits the beats decently and has some added charm; it's not gonna live up to the better wolf stuff.
I still love this movie even though it is pretty dated.
Probably has to do with the nostalgia factor for me.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

5103439.gif

Only problem I had with this flick was that that nikka was running around looking like the Coors beer wolf

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I still love this movie even though it is pretty dated.
Probably has to do with the nostalgia factor for me.

I feel you fam. The nostalgia factor is strong as hell. This was my first watch but the 80'sness, Buseyisms and King fingerprints all gave it a really familiar feel that I had fun with. I should also shout out the head in the dirt with bugs crawling on it during the opening scene...gave me a flash forward to Hereditary.