Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Horror movies have ruined boat trips and outings for me. That’s my biggest fear being stuck in the middle of the ocean. Made me extra paranoid. I guess it’s something about not being able to control my surroundings, the unpredictability, sharks, sea creatures. I know how to swim but still.
The ocean is a vast unexplored expanse. I think since man has left the water it has terrified us.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This was a lot of fun. Starts at intense and then just keeps escalating. I went in really uncertain about what type of horror I was getting and that paid dividends because I thought I was getting one thing and then it'd give me something else. The water horror genre has had a nice run between Sea Fever, Harpoon and this ish. Three different flavors of horror built on the ocean environment.

The ocean is horrifying

Horror movies have ruined boat trips and outings for me. That’s my biggest fear being stuck in the middle of the ocean. Made me extra paranoid. I guess it’s something about not being able to control my surroundings, the unpredictability, sharks, sea creatures. I know how to swim but still.

The ocean is a vast unexplored expanse. I think since man has left the water it has terrified us.

Somebody needs to remake LEVIATHAN.
That movie had all the ingredients to be awesome but totally dropped the ball in execution (even though Stan Winston's practical effects were cool) and I bet with a decent budget and the right director that concept could result in a really good movie.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
‘Children of the Corn’ Wraps Coronavirus-Defying Shoot in Australia

biIr6LR.jpg

Kurt Wimmer’s reimagining of “Children of the Corn” has completed its coronavirus-defying shoot in Australia. The filmmakers employed stringent health and safety protocols, and multiple insurance policies.

The producers revealed the previously undisclosed cast of young actors, with Elena Kampouris (“Before I Fall”) and Kate Moyer (“When Hope Calls”) starring. They are accompanied by Australian talent Callan Mulvey (“Avengers: Endgame”) and Bruce Spence (“The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King”).

Principal photography began in New South Wales in early March, when the COVID-19 outbreak forced the majority of productions around the world to shut down.

“We ended up taking hundreds of measures. We did not trust the whole. Instead, we broke down every scene separately. Night. Day. Crowds. Interiors. And so on, assessing different levels of risk,” Foster said.

Foster says the new film has “almost nothing to do with” the 1984 movie, directed by Fritz Kiersch, and based on the same Stephen King short story. “We went back to the story and free-associated from there,” he said.

The film describes the events leading up to, and including, the massacre of the adults of a small town in Nebraska by their children, after the adults’ irresponsibility ruins the crop and the children’s future.

--------------------------------------------------------
Read Full Story

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Just scuba diving a little ways off the coast is enough to realize that it's a different world and you aren't remotely near the top of the food chain any more. It's invigorating but can be horrifying at the same time.

Somebody needs to remake LEVIATHAN.
That movie had all the ingredients to be awesome but totally dropped the ball in execution (even though Stan Winston's practical effects were cool) and I bet with a decent budget and the right director that concept could result in a really good movie.

The Fangoria Podcast had an episode where they talked about Leviathan a LOT, so I checked it out recently and I definitely cosign your sentiment.

Ironically, I also watched Leviathan this past week so the Cronenbergish body horror stuff has just been everywhere for me. Never seen Leviathan before but I enjoyed that one as well. It's a slept on, throwback, underwater creature feature. You can feel the influences of the Thing and Alien all over it and even though it doesn't live up to those; it doesn't do a bad job by any means.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
So I watched Come to Daddy the other day and uh...it was definitely a movie. I wasn’t really sure what to expect, and this film definitely met those expectations by being all over the place. It was an easy watch, but boy was it jarring.
Is there a deeper meaning to this movie I missed?

I just watched

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Watched TWO HEADS CREEK this morning and the best description I can give for it is imagine if early Peter Jackson had directed MOTEL HELL.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
‘Children of the Corn’ Wraps Coronavirus-Defying Shoot in Australia

biIr6LR.jpg

Kurt Wimmer’s reimagining of “Children of the Corn” has completed its coronavirus-defying shoot in Australia. The filmmakers employed stringent health and safety protocols, and multiple insurance policies.

The producers revealed the previously undisclosed cast of young actors, with Elena Kampouris (“Before I Fall”) and Kate Moyer (“When Hope Calls”) starring. They are accompanied by Australian talent Callan Mulvey (“Avengers: Endgame”) and Bruce Spence (“The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King”).

Principal photography began in New South Wales in early March, when the COVID-19 outbreak forced the majority of productions around the world to shut down.

“We ended up taking hundreds of measures. We did not trust the whole. Instead, we broke down every scene separately. Night. Day. Crowds. Interiors. And so on, assessing different levels of risk,” Foster said.

Foster says the new film has “almost nothing to do with” the 1984 movie, directed by Fritz Kiersch, and based on the same Stephen King short story. “We went back to the story and free-associated from there,” he said.

The film describes the events leading up to, and including, the massacre of the adults of a small town in Nebraska by their children, after the adults’ irresponsibility ruins the crop and the children’s future.

--------------------------------------------------------
Read Full Story
Children of the Corn was classic- I’m glad they’re remaking it. While they’re at- I would like to see a horror remake of Lord of the Flies.