Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Depends...gimme your tastes and we'll go from there:jbhmm:
I'm extremely picky when it comes to horror. The main characters can't be annoying, blonde and dumb if it's story driven like the new Halloween movies or even that babadook movie.

I have a taste for dark movies with fukked up endings when it comes to horror. Sinister is one of my favorites. I like ghost stories as well as a few zombie flicks. These newer horror movies just don't cut it like they use to be.OOh and I like them lovecraft movies.

When it comes to other genres, I'm all over the place.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm extremely picky when it comes to horror. The main characters can't be annoying, blonde and dumb if it's story driven like the new Halloween movies or even that babadook movie.

I have a taste for dark movies with fukked up endings when it comes to horror. Sinister is one of my favorites. I like ghost stories as well as a few zombie flicks. These newer horror movies just don't cut it like they use to be.OOh and I like them lovecraft movies.

okay check out Satan's Slaves, City of the Living Dead, Zombie, The Beyond, and The Fog. that's off the top of my head

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Give COLOR OUT OF SPACE, THE VOID, UNDERWATER, COLD SKIN, ANNIHILATION a look for some Lovecraft inspired watches.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Give COLOR OUT OF SPACE, THE VOID, UNDERWATER, COLD SKIN, ANNIHILATION a look for some Lovecraft inspired watches.
Color out of space was dope, wasn't really feeling annihilation, it was unintentionally funny to me like how homegirl wasn't feeling good then turned into a tree, lmao.
The void was dope, ill check out underwater and cold skin.
:salute:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Did a Scream series rewatch yesterday. Damn shame critics rag more on 4 than the glorified, Scooby-Doo tale that Scream 3 was. What a world of difference Williamson makes when writing the script.
You’ve missed the scream 4 reappraisal in horror circles for the past few years. Every year without fail I find articles on horror sites from horror critics singing its praises or on podcasts singing its praises. Of course not everyone feels it, even die hard scream fans, but it’s gotten a lot of love since the release.

To your last point, Williamson still had issues dealing with the Weinsteins, so while he’s credited as the writer, homie who came in to write scream 3 was called in for some rewrites here as well. I’m not sure where Williamson’s ideas stop (although I’m sure the ending cop out isn’t him) but he was pretty vocal about the drama post release.

'Scream 4' writer Kevin Williamson discusses his 'massive fight' with Bob Weinstein -- EXCLUSIVE

‘Scream’: Craven Is “Done With” Kevin Williamson; Has More Sequels If “They Wanna Buy [Them]”

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
You’ve missed the scream 4 reappraisal in horror circles for the past few years. Every year without fail I find articles on horror sites from horror critics singing its praises or on podcasts singing its praises. Of course not everyone feels it, even die hard scream fans, but it’s gotten a lot of love since the release.

To your last point, Williamson still had issues dealing with the Weinsteins, so while he’s credited as the writer, homie who came in to write scream 3 was called in for some rewrites here as well. I’m not sure where Williamson’s ideas stop (although I’m sure the ending cop out isn’t him) but he was pretty vocal about the drama post release.

'Scream 4' writer Kevin Williamson discusses his 'massive fight' with Bob Weinstein -- EXCLUSIVE

‘Scream’: Craven Is “Done With” Kevin Williamson; Has More Sequels If “They Wanna Buy [Them]”
I don't go on horror sites or listen to podcasts so thanks for shining light on this. Great to hear then. Always dug how visceral the kills were in this one and the way it brought back the brutal nature of the first entry.

Also, are we sure Kirby died here? I thought one of the tropes of horror is to never assume death until the character is actually shown dead. She was bleeding out but it was left so ambiguous. She had the makings of a great final girl. :mjcry:

Sad to hear about the BTS discord involving Wes and Kevin.

Last edited: