Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Denial is a hell of a drug boiiiii
:mjlol::laff::laff:
Now he’s really trying to flip the script. Looks like I’m going to have to level this up
:jbhmm::beli:

The discussion started with this post:
The new crop of "Scream Queens" are different than the once from back in the day because they don't seem to be pigeonholed in the horror genre at all. All of these actresses are doing other types of movie and TV with horror just being sprinkled in which is cool.:

Kiernan Shipka - CARRIERS; THE BLACKCOAT'S DAUGHTER; CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA; THE SILENCE

Lucy Hale - SCREAM 4; TRUTH OR DARE; FANTASY ISLAND

Emma Roberts - SCREAM 4; AMERICAN HORROR STORY; THE BLACKCOAT'S DAUGHTER; SCREAM QUEENS; THE HUNT

Olivia Cooke - THE SIGNAL; THE QUIET ONES; OUIJA; THE LIMEHOUSE GOLEM; BATES MOTEL

Sharni Vinson - YOU'RE NEXT; BAIT; PATRICK; HOUSE ON WILLOW STREET

Taissa Farmiga - ANNA; THE FINAL GIRLS; AMERICAN HORROR STORY: THE NUN; WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE; 50 STATES OF FRIGHT

Alexandra Daddario - BEREAVEMENT; TEXAS CHAINSAW 3D; BURYING THE EX; AMERICAN HORROR STORY; WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE; WE SUMMON THE DARKNESS

Anya Taylor-Joy - THE WITCH; MORGAN; SPLIT; MARROWBONE

Chloë Grace Moretz - THE AMITYVILLE HORROR; ROOM 6; WICKED LITTLE THINGS; THE EYE; LET ME IN; DARK SHADOWS; CARRIE; SUSPIRIA; GRETA

Jane Levy - EVIL DEAD; DON'T BREATHE; OFFICE UPRISING; CASTLE ROCK;

Samara Weaving - ASH VS EVIL DEAD; MAYHEM; THE BABYSITTER; READY OR NOT

I then added on the over 40 actresses who were currently making horror movies:

The 40 and Over Scream Queens deserve some love too.

Barbara Crampton - Left the horror genre for a minute before returning with 2011's YOU'RE NEXT and she hasn't taken another break since.

Vera Farmiga - Dips her toe in the horror genre (and anchors one of the most successful horror franchises in THE CONJURING) while still doing mainstream stuff in features and TV.

Sarah Paulson - Like Vera Farmiga, Paulson goes between horror and mainstream as easily as she goes from television to the big screen.

Danielle Harris - Child actress turned Scream Queen. Harris has made horror movies her passion as an adult actor with a prolific list of horror credits.

Jaime King - The sleeper on this list but has a pretty extensive horror resume with her latest foray being as the lead of the Netflix zombie series BLACK SUMMER.

Lin Shay - Everyone's favorite spunky horror movie meemaw. Lynn Shay is so awesome that she has become the star of THE INSIDIOUS franchise despite her character being killed off in the first movie.

As I reiterated here:
I was listing actresses over 40 who are currently doing horror.
None of the broads you listed have done horror recently.

You are the one moving goalposts and arguing for lifetime achievement lists instead of listing ladies who are in the game right now.

In closing:

giphy.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Knew this was coming but the next purge movie is no longer coming out this summer. Might go to VOD or get pushed back.
I’ve kind of reserved my mind to the fact that we won’t get any new horror content for a while, a long while.
:mjcry:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yup. Going to be a damn desert till October. Maybe we get some shyt in August.
I’m hoping some original streaming content and like you said, direct to stream/video will keep us fed and out of withdrawal until said time. On the flip side, I’ve been able to watch movies that I had on reserve for the longest. I think it’s on all of us to post lists and keep this thread updated with ideas/movie watches, topics so we don’t go dormant.
:to:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I’ve kind of reserved my mind to the fact that we won’t get any new horror content for a while, a long while.
:mjcry:

Yup. Going to be a damn desert till October. Maybe we get some shyt in August.

So many of the horror movies that were set to come out in theaters would probably do much better on VOD/Streaming than if they were actually released in theaters.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@Jello Biafra i just watched “Delivered” :merchant:not bad at all for an Into the Dark production. Resembled Misery - baby edition.
I got that same MISERY vibe from it and really wanted Tina Majorino to go batshyt crazy with the baby stealer role but she never took the character past a 6 or 7 on the crazy scale.