Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
I've been seeking out hidden gems but coming up with mostly duds tbh...Joe Bob's Last Drive In series on Shudder has led me to some fun ish like the Tiny Tim horror movie and Demon Wind along the way. The best random ones I've caught are fairly recent like the Killing of a Sacred Deer and Starry Eyes.
I remember watching starry eyes way back in 2014 or whenever and enjoying it. There was a boom of indie horror between like 2012-16 that was awesome... what happened??

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If you got about $150 you could have your very own version of Aylmer the brain eating parasite from Frank Henenlotter's BRAIN DAMAGE.

il_794xN.1234057745_9mge.jpg

Aylmer brain damage metal finish resin statur

That movie is insane. I couldn't believe what the hell I was watching Friday

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
watching Black Christmas and its about over. Few thoughts:

The acting works
The story is at least somewhat interesting
Obviously I get the point

But, and this is what makes the movie fall flat, is its TOO on the nose for its own good. Bits of dialogue repeat themselves to make a point and there's no subtext, therefore making the movie itself less interesting. There's a way to say everything this movie is saying (and I have no issue with what its saying and I agree) without taking away from the enjoyment of the movie or the characters. the message gets in the way of that. It's hitting the same notes as Mrs. America on FX, but because Mrs America is about politics and the ERA and women of that era, it's just better written. Also, not for nothing, but the PG13 rating hurts this shyt because nothing truly horrific stood out to me. There's that one homage to the exorcist 3 that I thought was dope, but other than that, it feels too safe and too neutered, which is ironic given the subject matter.

I know Joe Bob caught flack for criticizing the movie for being more about the message and not about the movie, but he's right. This whole thing feels like a missed opportunity. Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead and Ginger Snaps have messages; a lot of horror movies do, but those messages never get in front of characters, story, tension, etc. And every scare that happens in the second half is telegraphed from 50 miles away

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
watching Black Christmas and its about over. Few thoughts:

The acting works
The story is at least somewhat interesting
Obviously I get the point

But, and this is what makes the movie fall flat, is its TOO on the nose for its own good. Bits of dialogue repeat themselves to make a point and there's no subtext, therefore making the movie itself less interesting. There's a way to say everything this movie is saying (and I have no issue with what its saying and I agree) without taking away from the enjoyment of the movie or the characters. the message gets in the way of that. It's hitting the same notes as Mrs. America on FX, but because Mrs America is about politics and the ERA and women of that era, it's just better written. Also, not for nothing, but the PG13 rating hurts this shyt because nothing truly horrific stood out to me. There's that one homage to the exorcist 3 that I thought was dope, but other than that, it feels too safe and too neutered, which is ironic given the subject matter.

I know Joe Bob caught flack for criticizing the movie for being more about the message and not about the movie, but he's right. This whole thing feels like a missed opportunity. Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead and Ginger Snaps have messages; a lot of horror movies do, but those messages never get in front of characters, story, tension, etc. And every scare that happens in the second half is telegraphed from 50 miles away
The bolded has a lot to do with the sloppy editing this movie has. It is so evident to anyone watching where cuts were made to make sure the movie got that PG-13 rating.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
This is random. Remy Ma and horror movies?? Interesting plot utilizing the Groundhog Day concept.
Remy Ma & Award-Winning Filmmaker Craig Singer Talk New Horror Film '6:45'
NEW YORK CITY, NY – After a lengthy hiatus following 2009’s Perkins’ 14, award-winning filmmaker Craig Singer is releasing his new horror film 6:45 this fall. A gripping psychological thriller that loosely follows the concept of Groundhog Day, the movie features an eclectic cast, including Hip Hop star Remy Ma.

“It was fun,” Remy says of her time on set. The State of the Culture co-host plays the role of Cassi (best friend of film’s lead) — a part she tells HipHopDX was rewritten just for her.

“The original script that I received was one way, and then the director rewrote it so that it was tailored for me,” she explains. “So, I felt kind of special.”

Written with longtime collaborator Robert Dean Klein, the film centers around a young couple in love who take a romantic weekend getaway to an island where things (naturally) go wrong. The lead, played by Michael Reed, wakes up each morning at 6:45 and relives the whole experience.

——
Here’s the other movie referenced in the article.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This is random. Remy Ma and horror movies?? Interesting plot utilizing the Groundhog Day concept.
Remy Ma & Award-Winning Filmmaker Craig Singer Talk New Horror Film '6:45'
NEW YORK CITY, NY – After a lengthy hiatus following 2009’s Perkins’ 14, award-winning filmmaker Craig Singer is releasing his new horror film 6:45 this fall. A gripping psychological thriller that loosely follows the concept of Groundhog Day, the movie features an eclectic cast, including Hip Hop star Remy Ma.

“It was fun,” Remy says of her time on set. The State of the Culture co-host plays the role of Cassi (best friend of film’s lead) — a part she tells HipHopDX was rewritten just for her.

“The original script that I received was one way, and then the director rewrote it so that it was tailored for me,” she explains. “So, I felt kind of special.”

Written with longtime collaborator Robert Dean Klein, the film centers around a young couple in love who take a romantic weekend getaway to an island where things (naturally) go wrong. The lead, played by Michael Reed, wakes up each morning at 6:45 and relives the whole experience.
My boy sent me that this morning. I have no clue what that is. I’m kinda intrigued but I also know it’ll fall off my radar