Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
10 Real-Life Haunted Places That Inspired Movies

Watching Cursed Films reminds me of this “inspired” by ranking^^^
Those who are interested in the behind-the-scenes details of this genre should read and learn about the spooky spots below. They have haunted pasts, which, for better or worse, made for horror films that fans can watch.

a few mentioned:
In 2005, an Australian horror movie came out called Wolf Creek, about backpackers taken captive by a killer in the Australian outback.

It was said to be based on true events, as between 1989 and 1993, Ivan Milat was responsible for the backpacker murders. These crimes took place in New South Wales, Australia, and the bodies of seven missing people (five of whom were backpackers) were found.

The Catacombs of Paris are scary on their own, as there, visitors can find the remains of over six million people, all underground.

In 2014, As Above, So Below came out, and it was filmed in the catacombs, which definitely added to the horror.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
But you know who is talking like this is not going to happen, as if Neve Campbell won’t be a factor. It’s not a Scream reboot without Neve.
:sas1:
Since this was sub-posting at me let me just clarify...I never said SCREAM 5 wasn't going to happen just that Neve Campbell doesn't count as a current Scream Queen until it comes out since she hasn't done horror in a million years.
tenor.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
‘Delivered’ director produces a horror film pregnant with psychological terror

New on Hulu:
Hulu and Blumhouse Productions’ Into the Dark channels the terrifying nature of pregnancy with "Delivered," a horror anthology series entry starring Natalie Paul (Netflix's You) and Tina Majorino (Napoleon Dynamite). Directed by Emma Tammi, the installment is pegged to Mother's Day and follows the story of an expecting woman. The joys of pregnancy are abruptly swept up into a Misery-like affair when the woman realizes someone close to her has sinister plans for her and her baby.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
‘Delivered’ director produces a horror film pregnant with psychological terror

New on Hulu:
Hulu and Blumhouse Productions’ Into the Dark channels the terrifying nature of pregnancy with "Delivered," a horror anthology series entry starring Natalie Paul (Netflix's You) and Tina Majorino (Napoleon Dynamite). Directed by Emma Tammi, the installment is pegged to Mother's Day and follows the story of an expecting woman. The joys of pregnancy are abruptly swept up into a Misery-like affair when the woman realizes someone close to her has sinister plans for her and her baby.

Did you watch it yet?

I checked it out over the weekend and while it was probably one of the better installments of INTO THE DARK, I felt there was so much more they could've done with it than they did.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Since this was sub-posting at me let me just clarify...I never said SCREAM 5 wasn't going to happen just that Neve Campbell doesn't count as a current Scream Queen until it comes out since she hasn't done horror in a million years.
tenor.gif
How many articles need to be posted and lead ins do you need to see before you get out from your depths of disparity before you accept the FACT that this movie is happening and that being classified as a Scream Queen is about legendary films rather than current market value.
giphy.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
tenor.gif

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-greatest-scream-queens-of-all-time?amp

The Top 40 Scream Queens of the Past 40 Years

Read it - !!!!! she’s on every list of scream queens imaginable. Now revise yourself from this conversation and I’ll take that apology written out in your own blood
GHv.gif

Canadian actress Neve Campbell initially achieved recognition in the US after starring on FOX television series Party of Five as one of the orphaned Salinger children, but her turn in the horror genre defined the early years of her film career — first in 1996's The Craft, as shy outcast witch Bonnie, and then as the protagonist in Wes Craven's Scream that same year. Campbell received critical praise in the role of Final Girl Sidney Prescott, and became an undeniable "scream queen" who would define one of the most successful franchises in horror history, starring in all of the film's three sequels with the last, Scream 4, released in 2011. Campbell has since publicly admitted that she moved from California to London to enjoy anonymity after an overwhelming rise to fame.

julie_from_i_know_what_you_did_last_summer.jpg

Jennifer Love Hewitt
Scream queens were frequently defined by the subgenre they starred in, and once the '90s rolled around, slasher films dominated the horror landscape, with studios eager to capitalize on the success of a recently revitalized interest in a genre that had stalled out in years prior. Jennifer Love Hewitt had also achieved early recognition on Party of Five, similar to her co-star Neve Campbell, but it was her starring role as Julie James in 1997's I Know What You Did Last Summer and its 1998 follow-up that made her both a young star in the sphere of horror as well as one of the definable scream queens of the decade. Unfortunately, I Know What You Did Last Summer 2 failed to live up to the success of its predecessor, though Hewitt would later return to the realm of the supernatural when she starred on the CBS drama Ghost Whisperer from 2005 to 2010.

still-of-sarah-michelle-gellar-in-the-grudge-2004-large-picture.jpg

Sarah Michelle Gellar
Although Gellar is unquestionably best known for her portrayal of Buffy Summers on the TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which lasted for a total of seven seasons and gave rise to one of the most kickass female characters in television history, her film career is rife with contributions to the horror genre, having made several appearances in some of the most popular franchises over the years. She co-starred alongside fellow scream queen Jennifer Love Hewitt in I Know What You Did Last Summer and had a brief albeit memorable role in Scream 2 before starring in the American remake of Ju-on: The Grudge in 2004. The film itself received a mixed critical reception, but Gellar's performance was among the singled-out strengths.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
This is random. Remy Ma and horror movies?? Interesting plot utilizing the Groundhog Day concept.
Remy Ma & Award-Winning Filmmaker Craig Singer Talk New Horror Film '6:45'
NEW YORK CITY, NY – After a lengthy hiatus following 2009’s Perkins’ 14, award-winning filmmaker Craig Singer is releasing his new horror film 6:45 this fall. A gripping psychological thriller that loosely follows the concept of Groundhog Day, the movie features an eclectic cast, including Hip Hop star Remy Ma.

“It was fun,” Remy says of her time on set. The State of the Culture co-host plays the role of Cassi (best friend of film’s lead) — a part she tells HipHopDX was rewritten just for her.

“The original script that I received was one way, and then the director rewrote it so that it was tailored for me,” she explains. “So, I felt kind of special.”

Written with longtime collaborator Robert Dean Klein, the film centers around a young couple in love who take a romantic weekend getaway to an island where things (naturally) go wrong. The lead, played by Michael Reed, wakes up each morning at 6:45 and relives the whole experience.

——
Here’s the other movie referenced in the article.

Perkins’ 14 in in my top 31 so I’ll be checking this

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
tenor.gif
The Biggest Problem With Making ‘Scream 5’ Without Wes Craven

...but Craven won’t be part of it. The legendary director died on Aug. 30, 2015. And Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett—two of the horror genre’s most promising filmmakers—are planning to take the helm.

And it turns out that the Scream franchise’s central actor, Neve Campbell, might be on board. While she was hesitant at first, it seems she’s started to come around to the idea. While she “definitely had a period where I was thinking it would just be too odd to do a movie without Wes,” she told the Hollywood Reporterthat she now believes enough time has passed.

“I got this really, really respectful letter from the directors of the new one,” Campbell said. “They wrote a letter honoring Wes in such a beautiful way, and they expressed that the reason they make horror movies is because of Wes and the Scream films. They also expressed how blown away they are at the idea of actually getting an opportunity to make one of them and how much they want to honor and respect Wes’ vision.”

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Did you watch it yet?

I checked it out over the weekend and while it was probably one of the better installments of INTO THE DARK, I felt there was so much more they could've done with it than they did.
I just found out about this today - more than likely I will watch tonight. That’s the lead actor from the other Netflix horror series ( I forget the name) she was good in that.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Never really got around to watching this series before. Came back in my Reccs so I’m checking it out again. Hulu via Cinemax
MV5BMTc1OTEyOTkwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjMyMjA3NTM@._V1_.jpg

Description
Created and co-executive produced by Robert Kirkman ("The Walking Dead"), the drama series "Outcast" stars Patrick Fugit ("Gone Girl") as Kyle Barnes, a man who has been possessed by demons since he was young. His search for answers -- and redemption -- leads him into a relationship with Reverend Anderson, a West Virginia evangelist who believes he is fighting in a holy war against Earth's evil forces. As Barnes sequesters himself from those he loves for fear of causing greater hurt, he begins to delve into secrets from his past. What he discovers could be life-changing -- and affect the fate of the world forever.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
it really should have ended after the first time she played hide n seek imo.
I’m saying :deadmanny:
So what was Z, a generational curse? Why wasn’t her sister affected by it? And why was her sister at odds with her dying mother? Was Z after her son and why did she keep acting like her son had an imaginary friend if she went through the sane experience at that age? This movie
:aicmon:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-greatest-scream-queens-of-all-time?amp

The Top 40 Scream Queens of the Past 40 Years

Read it - !!!!! she’s on every list of scream queens imaginable. Now revise yourself from this conversation and I’ll take that apology written out in your own blood
GHv.gif

Canadian actress Neve Campbell initially achieved recognition in the US after starring on FOX television series Party of Five as one of the orphaned Salinger children, but her turn in the horror genre defined the early years of her film career — first in 1996's The Craft, as shy outcast witch Bonnie, and then as the protagonist in Wes Craven's Scream that same year. Campbell received critical praise in the role of Final Girl Sidney Prescott, and became an undeniable "scream queen" who would define one of the most successful franchises in horror history, starring in all of the film's three sequels with the last, Scream 4, released in 2011. Campbell has since publicly admitted that she moved from California to London to enjoy anonymity after an overwhelming rise to fame.

julie_from_i_know_what_you_did_last_summer.jpg

Jennifer Love Hewitt
Scream queens were frequently defined by the subgenre they starred in, and once the '90s rolled around, slasher films dominated the horror landscape, with studios eager to capitalize on the success of a recently revitalized interest in a genre that had stalled out in years prior. Jennifer Love Hewitt had also achieved early recognition on Party of Five, similar to her co-star Neve Campbell, but it was her starring role as Julie James in 1997's I Know What You Did Last Summer and its 1998 follow-up that made her both a young star in the sphere of horror as well as one of the definable scream queens of the decade. Unfortunately, I Know What You Did Last Summer 2 failed to live up to the success of its predecessor, though Hewitt would later return to the realm of the supernatural when she starred on the CBS drama Ghost Whisperer from 2005 to 2010.

still-of-sarah-michelle-gellar-in-the-grudge-2004-large-picture.jpg

Sarah Michelle Gellar
Although Gellar is unquestionably best known for her portrayal of Buffy Summers on the TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which lasted for a total of seven seasons and gave rise to one of the most kickass female characters in television history, her film career is rife with contributions to the horror genre, having made several appearances in some of the most popular franchises over the years. She co-starred alongside fellow scream queen Jennifer Love Hewitt in I Know What You Did Last Summer and had a brief albeit memorable role in Scream 2 before starring in the American remake of Ju-on: The Grudge in 2004. The film itself received a mixed critical reception, but Gellar's performance was among the singled-out strengths.
But the discussion was about current Scream Queens not lifetime achievement Scream Queens.