Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
oooo! some new stuff!
good looks.

any of you seen this yet??

poster_opt.jpg

i dont know why, but i really like them "stranded at sea" fliks.
Edit - (wrong comment reply, I thought I was responding to the “Z” movie)
I fell asleep last night. I’m finishing it up now. He didn’t have to do little Daniel like that !! Did you hear that thump?? This is why I don’t let my kids do sleepovers
:picard::picard::picard:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I’ve been binging “into the night” series on Netflix throughout the day. This is very good, surprisingly. With the airplane as the main setting - gives me hints of The Langoliers but this is neither predictable or formulaic. The passengers are in an airplane trying to literally escape (fly away) from the sunrise/daytime bc if they get caught in it - they will evaporate or spontaneously combust from the inside out. The sun is actually “poison” to humans. Interesting concept.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The+Lodge.jpg

We saw this last night. Very atmospheric, taught, and creepy movie. Sad too.
Those kids were demons but I blame the father for fueling the angst with not letting them mourn their mother’s death in tragic circumstances. The ending was :picard:very dramatic

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
I’ve been binging “into the night” series on Netflix throughout the day. This is very good, surprisingly. With the airplane as the main setting - gives me hints of The Langoliers but this is neither predictable or formulaic. The passengers are in an airplane trying to literally escape (fly away) from the sunrise/daytime bc if they get caught in it - they will evaporate or spontaneously combust from the inside out. The sun is actually “poison” to humans. Interesting concept.

Into the night was good too! We surprisingly (I say that because foreign voice overs can alter the script and pacing) liked it a lot. It kept me guessing.

I hated the Langoliers movie. The book (novella actually) was excellent. He has a line in there to the effect of "little Pac Men eating existence" or something like that. When I saw it in the movie, i was like this looks stupid.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Into the night was good too! We surprisingly (I say that because foreign voice overs can alter the script and pacing) liked it a lot. It kept me guessing.

I hated the Langoliers movie. The book (novella actually) was excellent. He has a line in there to the effect of "little Pac Men eating existence" or something like that. When I saw it in the movie, i was like this looks stupid.

maxresdefault.jpg
I’m watching Into the Night with subtitles, I don’t mind reading the translation of the foreign actors bc the dubbed American voice overs ruin it for me - takes away from the feel of the movie/show. I do the subtitled captions for all foreign films, it helps to pick up on the nuances.

I didn’t like Langoliers either - I saw the tv miniseries when I was younger so it just went right over my head and I tried to watched it again years ago but still couldn’t get into it. lol - the graphics were horrible like you said.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ending got me. :mjcry:
I know right . At the end of the day, they were just kids traumatized by all the behavior and actions of the adults in the room. Smh. Their suicidal mother, their emotionally neglectful father and the clinically insane manic depressive girlfriend left alone with them months after a life altering situation. They gaslighted the hell out of her though - I didn’t catch on to that at first either
:mjlol:

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
ACACIA MOTEL
dAjQrb8.jpg

Available: May 22
Directed by: Bradley Lieuw
Synopsis: JC is forced to take over the family business set by his estranged tyrant father, a lonesome motel in the remote wilderness, providing shelter to illegal immigrants on behalf of the government. But as JC and the guests soon discover, Motel Acacia is home to a dark and ancient spirit. With food running out and a violent blizzard preventing the guests to leave, a desperate fight for survival begins. In an attempt rid himself from his father's shadow, JC risks losing his own humanity.
Cast: JC Santos, Jan Bijvoet, Perry Dizon, Agot Isidro, Nicholas Saputra

Broad looks like someone slapped a bunch of prosciutto on her and called it a day. That's supposed to be scary?

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
With the success of the Trolls movie, horror films usually having low budgets, and the atmosphere of watching horror films at home, do y’all think that many of these film companies will do a Video on Demand release for highly anticipated horror films?