Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I checked it out last night.

Pretty messed up how the stigma of playing Regan pretty much ruined acting for Linda Blair.
Yup. Kid from the omen? A OK. Linda Blair? Oh nah she must be evil. Wild how that works. I like how the series humanizes the people and the events and doesn’t take a side really

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yup. Kid from the omen? A OK. Linda Blair? Oh nah she must be evil. Wild how that works. I like how the series humanizes the people and the events and doesn’t take a side really
Sadly, we live in a misogynistic country and not much has changed from the 70s to now.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
First episode of cursed films is out

Sadly, we live in a misogynistic country and not much has changed from the 70s to now.
Curious- Do you believe in the actual practice of exorcism or rituals to rid demonic entities? And that a movie can indeed be cursed? We see it in The Conjuring, Exorcist, Amityville Horror etc - some people see it as “it’s just a movie” but everything has a source.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Curious- Do you believe in the actual practice of exorcism or rituals to rid demonic entities? And that a movie can indeed be cursed? We see it in The Conjuring, Exorcist, Amityville Horror etc - some people see it as “it’s just a movie” but everything has a source.
The series gets into this and doesn’t come down on either side, which I appreciate, but it presents both sides of the argument. In the omen episode, the historians and religious experts and witches (actual witches) say if you can conjure demons or spirits through filmmaking, they wouldn’t want your film to be cursed. If anything, they’d want it to be smooth sailing because demons are showy and want to be seen. They want the spotlight.

For me though, I don’t believe you can conjure those things through filmmaking. I believe they should be respected and if you poke fun then maybe something will get you, but the shyt that happened with the omen and poltergeist in particular doesn’t strike me as “cursed”; those were very tragic things that happened to people. One girl got choked out by her psycho boyfriend and the other child actor died from a genetic issue that was probably always going to shorten her lifespan.

Freak accidents happen on the set of “normal” films too but those movies aren’t deemed as cursed. I think with horror, we feed into it more because it heightens the lore and serves as a selling point. Like this episode on the exorcist showed, the movie was marketed in a certain way to make people believe it was satan on celluloid. When you take something like that and strip it of context, then yeah it’s easier to believe the narrative

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
First time (hope not) ..wish I could watch it with you..my fave film ever!
There’s a series called Cursed on Shudder that talks about films that had on set catastrophic events that happened to people and various occurrences. This first episode was about the Exorcist. That’s what I was referring to.

I would never watch The original Exorcist again .. neverrrr :damn: watched it one time at a young age that I shouldn’t have been exposed to that movie (thanks, dad and big bros :deadmanny::francis::mjlol:) can’t ever bring myself to watch the original again. That’s one movie where it gave me bad vibes off it for life.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't believe in anything supernatural/metaphysical.