Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif

Lmao I remember thinking it looked shytty but man tons of fans were raving about it on this horror facebook page

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Lmao I remember thinking it looked shytty but man tons of fans were raving about it on this horror facebook page
I’ll be the contrarian of the thread. I dug it. The problem with is isn’t the way it looks either, it’s just that it isn’t really anything special. It looks good, has some decent scares and there’s nothing (to me) that just ruins it.

it’s not gonna blow you away but it’s a solid watch. Kinda like a big budget comedy that’s just ok. You’re not gonna be laughing out loud the whole time, but it’ll make you chuckle a few times and it’s something good to check out if you’re not doing anything.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
First photos from the TRAIN TO BUSAN follow-up film, PENINSULA

ADkf66W.jpg

4JWDCOZ.jpg

Korean director Yeon Sang-ho doesn’t think it’s quite right to call Peninsula “an official sequel” to his zombie thriller Train To Busan, which became an international hit in 2016.

“It takes place four years after Train To Busan, in the same universe, but it doesn’t continue the story and has different characters,” says the filmmaker. “Government authority has been decimated after the zombie outbreak in Korea, and there is nothing left except the geographical traits of the location – which is why the film is called Peninsula.”

The follow-up stars Gang Dong-won, who has featured in local hits such as 1987: When The Day Comes, as Jung-seok, a former soldier who manages to escape from the Korean peninsula – a zombie-infested wasteland turned into a ghetto by other nations trying to stop the spread of the virus.

Sent back with a crew on a mission to retrieve something, he goes in through the port of Incheon to reach Seoul and comes under attack, discovering there are more non-infected survivors left on the peninsula.

Actress Lee Jung-hyun (The Battleship Island) plays one of the survivors, alongside child actress Lee Re – whom Yeon thinks will become “more [popular] than Ma Dong-seok [aka Don Lee] in Train To Busan”.

Other cast include Kwon Hae-hyo, who was a voice actor in Yeon’s award-winning 2013 animation The Fake; Kim Min-jae, who appeared in his 2018 live-action film Psychokinesis; indie filmmaker and actor Koo Kyo-hwan (Maggie); and child actress Lee Ye Won.

Several Train To Busan alumni are working on Yeon’s $16m follow-up (almost twice the budget of the $8.5m original), among them cinematographer Lee Hyung-deok, visual effects supervisor Jung Hwang-su and art director Lee Mok-won.

“The scale of Peninsula can’t compare to Train To Busan, it makes it look like an independent film,” says Yeon. “Train To Busan was a high-concept film shot in narrow spaces whereas Peninsula has a much wider scope of movement.”

Read more: First Look: ‘Peninsula’, Yeon Sang-ho’s follow-up to ‘Train To Busan’ (exclusive)

I need this movie right now!