Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I loved that film!!

Think it was PG-13 too.

:jbhmm:

That whole shyt was creepy.
I cant remembee if i saw that at the fliks either. Seen it a few times tho.
shyt was dope to me.
That movie was rated R. That opening scene alone, no way could that be PG 13

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Watched Dead Silence late last night (Don't know why). Film messed with my head when I was younger and still does at times. It has a lot of flaws but Mary Shaw gotta be one of the creepiest characters I've seen in a horror movie. Shame the writing and editing was asscheeks. That stare in the cellar with Henry :merchant:Watching it again and realizing the hints it gave towards the twist. :whoa: I can see the similarities in Wan's later works.

Revisiting 'Dead Silence,' the Horror Movie Leigh Whannell Hated Making
I want a Dead Silence 2 or remake

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm going to add RZ's 31 to my list, as well.
enjoy your Friday the 13th, @Jello Biafra - I have a special summoning screening just for you...
tenor.gif

:youngsabo:
Well if you are gonna be watching 31 I guess you will need my review of it reposted so you are prepared for the hot garbage you will be experiencing. :troll:

ZwpB0lg.jpg

The Good
I’ll just let Det. Frank Drebin handle this one. Take it away, Frank!
PnwGycl.gif

You heard the man…scram! Aint nothing good coming from this movie.

The Bad
It is hard to narrow down all that was wrong with this cacophony of dreadfulness but I’ll try to address the most egregious cinematic crimes Rob Zombie committed in this movie:
The characters are not just vapid or paper thin, nope all of these characters are obnoxiously unlikable to the point that you wish they would all disappear or at the very least be rendered mute for the duration of the film.
The direction is like something a 14 year old would make after being given his first video camera.
I can’t believe that there was an actual script for this movie. I am leaning more towards the idea that Zombie gave his cast a general outline of what the movie was and told them to just make up shyt as they went along.
A homicidal Nazi dwarf who spoke Spanish probably seemed like a good idea during a long weed smoking session but it didn’t translate well to film at all.
uSvx80J.jpg

I get that Zombie loves his wife and likes working with her but Sherri Moon Zombie is an atrocious actress and would be disappointing in a bit part part let alone as the lead in a movie. So cut it out with the nepotism, Mr. Zombie.
Also Malcolm McDowell, Meg Foster, Judy Geeson and Jane Carr deserve much better from the entertainment biz in these twilight years of their careers than having to star in Rob Zombie’s semi-annual schlockfests.
U4bbZ8e.jpg

The Ugly
Why would anyone with a lick of common sense think it was a good idea to ask Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs to try and affect a Jamaican accent? And after seeing how comically bad his attempt was why wouldn’t someone nip that nonsense in the bud? Was Zombie high while shooting this?
ttGPqch.jpg

Final Verdict
A chaotic, sloppy, incoherent assault on the senses that is more obnoxious than being trapped on an airplane with a cabin full of crying babies; 31 is just another of Rob Zombie’s overly indulgent home movies that has officially wiped away any previous misconceptions that Zombie might have it in him to be a decent filmmaker. Utter trash.
lMj3VC2.gif

31 gets nothing from me and gets laughed at by Capt. Spaulding for being so garbage:
ZauHEvr.png

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
MY TOP 5 FAVORITE FRIDAY THE 13TH FINAL PEOPLE

5. Rowan LaFontaine – Jason X
rowan.jpg

Rowan has the distinction of fighting Jason across several centuries. She initially was a scientist who wanted to cryogenically freeze Jason until a time when some method could be found to kill him once and for all. But of course Jason wouldn’t just allow himself to be frozen and attacked Rowan resulting in both the scientist and the murderer being frozen until the year 2455 when they were both thawed out by a spaceship full of students on a field trip. For some reason Jason is upgraded into a cyborg too as if he needed any extra help in being an unstoppable killing machine. But stop him Rowan did. Y’know now that I think about it the main reason Rowan is on this list is because she was portrayed by the always amazing Lexa Doig. And I am a sucker for anything that Lexa does.

4. Alice Hardy – Friday the 13th
alice.jpg

I loved Alice Hardy. She has all the things you look for in an awesome Final Girl and she would be a lot higher on this list (maybe even #1) if not for one small fact: she faced off with Jason’s mom and not Jason himself. Now Momma Voorhees was a handful and all but the lady was pushing 60 by the time she decided to start offing camp counselors and Alice barely got away with her life. Nearly losing to one of The Golden Girls automatically deducts points from one’s overall score but it would be criminal to leave her off of this list.

3.Tommy Jarvis – Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
tommy.jpg

Hey lookit that! One of the Final Girls is actually a Final Guy! Tommy Jarvis was a creepy little bespectacled horror aficionado (portrayed by creepy child actor Corey Feldman) who lived out in the woods with his mom, big sister and dog and has the distinction of putting the worst beat down on Jason I have ever seen. After shaving his head to look like young Jason as part of a diversionary tactic, little Tommy hacked and sliced Jason up into messy chunks. Of course Tommy was then carted off to the booby hatch and subsequently was brought back as a recurring nemesis to Jason in several follow-up films to really lame results but tweenage Tommy gets major props for being the only person with a Y chromosome to fill all the requirements of a kick-ass Final Girl.

2. Tina Shepard – Friday the 13th: The New Blood
tina.jpg

Some may wonder why I would put Tina Shepard so high on this list but to me Tina is one of the best protagonists to ever appear in a FRIDAY THE 13TH movie for multiple reasons but the main one is because she had super-powers. Tina had the power of telekinesis that she had trouble controlling especially when she got upset and it goes without saying that a hockey mask wearing, machete wielding psycho chasing after her made Tina quite upset. THE NEW BLOOD is one of my favorite movies in the franchise too…it was like we got a Jason Voorhees vs Carrie White death match.

1. Ginny Field – Friday the 13th Part 2
ginny.jpg

Ah, Ginny Fields…Ginny is one of my favorite Final Girls ever. Here we have the girl who popped Jason Voorhees’ cherry. Ginny is the cerebral Final Girl. Using her background as a psychology major she was able to play on Jason’s deep-rooted mommy issues to gain the upper hand on him and once she did Ginny showed Jason that she was just as good at hacking away with a machete as he was.
Ginny was a thinker as well as a fighter and truly deserves her place as the best Final Girl to ever go toe to toe with Jason Voorhees or his crazy ass mom.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Well if you are gonna be watching 31 I guess you will need my review of it reposted so you are prepared for the hot garbage you will be experiencing. :troll:

ZwpB0lg.jpg

The Good
I’ll just let Det. Frank Drebin handle this one. Take it away, Frank!
PnwGycl.gif

You heard the man…scram! Aint nothing good coming from this movie.

The Bad
It is hard to narrow down all that was wrong with this cacophony of dreadfulness but I’ll try to address the most egregious cinematic crimes Rob Zombie committed in this movie:
The characters are not just vapid or paper thin, nope all of these characters are obnoxiously unlikable to the point that you wish they would all disappear or at the very least be rendered mute for the duration of the film.
The direction is like something a 14 year old would make after being given his first video camera.
I can’t believe that there was an actual script for this movie. I am leaning more towards the idea that Zombie gave his cast a general outline of what the movie was and told them to just make up shyt as they went along.
A homicidal Nazi dwarf who spoke Spanish probably seemed like a good idea during a long weed smoking session but it didn’t translate well to film at all.
uSvx80J.jpg

I get that Zombie loves his wife and likes working with her but Sherri Moon Zombie is an atrocious actress and would be disappointing in a bit part part let alone as the lead in a movie. So cut it out with the nepotism, Mr. Zombie.
Also Malcolm McDowell, Meg Foster, Judy Geeson and Jane Carr deserve much better from the entertainment biz in these twilight years of their careers than having to star in Rob Zombie’s semi-annual schlockfests.
U4bbZ8e.jpg

The Ugly
Why would anyone with a lick of common sense think it was a good idea to ask Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs to try and affect a Jamaican accent? And after seeing how comically bad his attempt was why wouldn’t someone nip that nonsense in the bud? Was Zombie high while shooting this?
ttGPqch.jpg

Final Verdict
A chaotic, sloppy, incoherent assault on the senses that is more obnoxious than being trapped on an airplane with a cabin full of crying babies; 31 is just another of Rob Zombie’s overly indulgent home movies that has officially wiped away any previous misconceptions that Zombie might have it in him to be a decent filmmaker. Utter trash.
lMj3VC2.gif

31 gets nothing from me and gets laughed at by Capt. Spaulding for being so garbage:
ZauHEvr.png
I DID NOT NEED THIS REPOSTED. I RECALL

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

rowan.jpg

Rowan has the distinction of fighting Jason across several centuries. She initially was a scientist who wanted to cryogenically freeze Jason until a time when some method could be found to kill him once and for all. But of course Jason wouldn’t just allow himself to be frozen and attacked Rowan resulting in both the scientist and the murderer being frozen until the year 2455 when they were both thawed out by a spaceship full of students on a field trip. For some reason Jason is upgraded into a cyborg too as if he needed any extra help in being an unstoppable killing machine. But stop him Rowan did. Y’know now that I think about it the main reason Rowan is on this list is because she was portrayed by the always amazing Lexa Doig. And I am a sucker for anything that Lexa does.

alice.jpg

I loved Alice Hardy. She has all the things you look for in an awesome Final Girl and she would be a lot higher on this list (maybe even #1) if not for one small fact: she faced off with Jason’s mom and not Jason himself. Now Momma Voorhees was a handful and all but the lady was pushing 60 by the time she decided to start offing camp counselors and Alice barely got away with her life. Nearly losing to one of The Golden Girls automatically deducts points from one’s overall score but it would be criminal to leave her off of this list.

tommy.jpg

Hey lookit that! One of the Final Girls is actually a Final Guy! Tommy Jarvis was a creepy little bespectacled horror aficionado (portrayed by creepy child actor Corey Feldman) who lived out in the woods with his mom, big sister and dog and has the distinction of putting the worst beat down on Jason I have ever seen. After shaving his head to look like young Jason as part of a diversionary tactic, little Tommy hacked and sliced Jason up into messy chunks. Of course Tommy was then carted off to the booby hatch and subsequently was brought back as a recurring nemesis to Jason in several follow-up films to really lame results but tweenage Tommy gets major props for being the only person with a Y chromosome to fill all the requirements of a kick-ass Final Girl.

tina.jpg

Some may wonder why I would put Tina Shepard so high on this list but to me Tina is one of the best protagonists to ever appear in a FRIDAY THE 13TH movie for multiple reasons but the main one is because she had super-powers. Tina had the power of telekinesis that she had trouble controlling especially when she got upset and it goes without saying that a hockey mask wearing, machete wielding psycho chasing after her made Tina quite upset. THE NEW BLOOD is one of my favorite movies in the franchise too…it was like we got a Jason Voorhees vs Carrie White death match.

ginny.jpg

Ah, Ginny Fields…Ginny is one of my favorite Final Girls ever. Here we have the girl who popped Jason Voorhees’ cherry. Ginny is the cerebral Final Girl. Using her background as a psychology major she was able to play on Jason’s deep-rooted mommy issues to gain the upper hand on him and once she did Ginny showed Jason that she was just as good at hacking away with a machete as he was.
Ginny was a thinker as well as a fighter and truly deserves her place as the best Final Girl to ever go toe to toe with Jason Voorhees or his crazy ass mom.
I knew it. I KNEW you had something in the works. wait until I read this.. smh.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

rowan.jpg

alice.jpg

tommy.jpg

tina.jpg

ginny.jpg

Tommy would def bw my #1.
That was a dope read tho!!

Daps
Reppin
Denver

rowan.jpg

alice.jpg

tommy.jpg

tina.jpg

ginny.jpg

I’d have to add:
Dude in the wheelchair that catches the machete to the face
Shelly
And the hitchhiker girl from 1. She was so upbeat and excited.