Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's who was playing it at 11:00 pm. :dead:

I ain't going to see a movie at 11 pm fam. Not for a regular showing. If it was opening week end or some shyt, cool. But not when the studio clearly dropped the ball on the release of this movie. It's damn near penalizing people for being interested in the movie smh.

Fred.
That’s unfortunate. I will go lol

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I agree. Overall I loved it. Have you seen parts 3 & 4? I know Perkins directed the third so I’m interested for that reason. Mick Garris directed the fourth... :guilty::whistle:
Part 3 wasn't horrible but it wasn't that good either. It had a really ambitious script but I don't think anyone involved was up to the task of translating that script to the screen successfully.

Part 4 ignored the two sequels that came before it and tried to be a sequel and prequel at the same time by telling Norman's "origin". I thought it was an absolute trash movie myself.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Part 3 wasn't horrible but it wasn't that good either. It had a really ambitious script but I don't think anyone involved was up to the task of translating that script to the screen successfully.

Part 4 ignored the two sequels that came before it and tried to be a sequel and prequel at the same time by telling Norman's "origin". I thought it was an absolute trash movie myself.
Hence my Garris presumption :D

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yup. All about the director and cast. Don’t pick some music video director. Pick a horror director with vision
Who would you like to see in the director's chair?

I'm running several director's through my head but haven't settled on any just yet.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Who would you like to see in the director's chair?

I'm running several director's through my head but haven't settled on any just yet.
I was thinking Flanagan but he’s too optimistic lol. I’d love to see Panos Casmotos do it. The visuals would be stunning and he’d bring that dread to it

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Universal and Blumhouse Developing New Version of ‘The Thing’ That Will Adapt Long Lost Original Novel!

So Joseph Campbell’s novella is a part of a larger story that was only recently found. This guy found it and now Blumhouse is making this version
I went back to re-read the article and made the unfortunate mistake of reading the comments...Bloody Disgusting's commenters are some of the most whiny, joyless a$$holes who claim to love horror but shyt on everything horror.
It's like a Youtube video comments section without the rampant racism.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I went back to re-read the article and made the unfortunate mistake of reading the comments...Bloody Disgusting's commenters are some of the most whiny, joyless a$$holes who claim to love horror but shyt on everything horror.
It's like a Youtube video comments section without the rampant racism.
:russ: That’s how I feel about slash film writers. I swear a good number of them don’t like anything and they think it’s so cool to be snarky and hate shyt. Because it’s cynical as hell to write about a clip from sonic the hedgehog because you want traffic while kicking dirt on it.

I tend to stay out of BD’s comments. Never thought I’d say this but you get better and more insightful comments from horror fans on Twitter

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I was thinking Flanagan but he’s too optimistic lol. I’d love to see Panos Casmotos do it. The visuals would be stunning and he’d bring that dread to it
He's one of the dudes I was thinking of!

I have a list of 5:

Panos Cosmatos
Radio Silence
Adam Wingard
Richard Stanley
Alexandre Aja

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He's one of the dudes I was thinking of!

I have a list of 5:

Panos Cosmatos
Radio Silence
Adam Wingard
Richard Stanley
Alexandre Aja
I’m down with all of those. Depending on how the invisible man turns out, might throw Leigh whannell on that list.

I’d also say wan just because I’m curious what his vision would be for it.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I’m down with all of those. Depending on how the invisible man turns out, might throw Leigh whannell on that list.

I’d also say wan just because I’m curious what his vision would be for it.
Whannell would be a good pick too.

I honestly don't even think of Wan for stuff like this anymore now that he is in the billion dollar stratosphere after Aquaman.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.