Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man....where the fukk is "The Color Out Of Space"?!
wLWcfm2.png

I realize I live in Missouri....which isn't a mecca when it comes to cinema by any stretch of the imagination....but god damn man. It's showing at one place, 30 minutes away....at 9:30 pm at night.

Yesterday there was another showing 10-15 minutes away....at 11:00 pm.
QzTChq0.png

I never seen a movie get this limited of a release. It's fukking crazy. Even my local AMC is playing "Parasite" still.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
They have only done two episodes since they got back from the holiday break and then they were back to repeats last week.
I hate the way network TV doles out episodes of their shows. They are still stuck in the old school pre-streaming model of presenting TV.
agreed. That's kind of frustrating..smh. oh well. At least I have Picard to fall back on. And the same husband and wife team that produced, Evil, also produces my other favorite show on that network, "The Good Fight" which starts in March, so I guess that will hold me over for now.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
wLWcfm2.png

I realize I live in Missouri....which isn't a mecca when it comes to cinema by any stretch of the imagination....but god damn man. It's showing at one place, 30 minutes away....at 9:30 pm at night.

QzTChq0.png

I never seen a movie get this limited of a release. It's fukking crazy. Even my local AMC is playing "Parasite" still.

Fred.
I don't think it's just your town that's the problem with these showings being limited. Very limited theater release- I'm in a major metro area, near multiple cities and it's not showing anywhere besides a handful of places, none in the immediate vicinity - which is rare af. They may have dropped the ball and underestimated on this one or maybe they're upping the date for a streaming release.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think it's just your town that's the problem with these showings being limited. Very limited theater release- I'm in a major metro area, near multiple cities and it's not showing anywhere besides a handful of places, none in the immediate vicinity - which is rare af. They may have dropped the ball and underestimated on this one or maybe they're upping the date for a streaming release.

Last I heard the VOD date is February 25th. Which isn't soon enough if they're showing the shyt in like, 5 theaters. If they planned on not doing a wide release the very least they could've done is drop the VOD a couple weeks later. The roll out for this is crazy to me.

Fred.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last I heard the VOD date is February 25th. Which isn't soon enough if they're showing the shyt in like, 5 theaters. If they planned on not doing a wide release the very least they could've done is drop the VOD a couple weeks later. The roll out for this is crazy to me.

Fred.
Literally everyone is complaining about the same problem on Twitter. Makes no sense - people in other cities are saying that it's only showing one day out of the week for one showing.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Fred.
If you’ve got an Alamo draft house near you I know they’re playing it

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I'm hearing real good things about it. Better than Dr. Sleep though :wtb:??? Midsommar was miles better than Hereditary. Hereditary was a snoozefest to me. Midsommar is on PrimeVideo now, so I'm definitely rewatching. I don't understand how you all could like Hereditary but sleep on Midsommar. Don't @ me, sirs.
:unimpressed:
tenor.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah studios still drop the ball with horror.
I've read that there are statements circulating that they pulled back the releases for The Color of Outer Space because the color is "too pink" along with the psychedelic factor and that it's not viewing well for audience to look at in theaters. That's crazy. @Daredevil @Jello Biafra @hex "Nic Cage's 'THE COLOR OUT OF SPACE' has been pulled from the release slate due to "The human eye's inability to see the new color" they created for the movie."
:dwillhuh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I've read that there are statements circulating that they pulled back the releases for The Color of Outer Space because the color is "too pink" along with the psychedelic factor and that it's not viewing well for audience to look at in theaters. That's crazy. @Daredevil @Jello Biafra @hex "Nic Cage's 'THE COLOR OUT OF SPACE' has been pulled from the release slate due to "The human eye's inability to see the new color" they created for the movie."
:dwillhuh:

The dumbest shyt smh. Now people will either what for VOD or bootleg. But the same companies will decry the theater going experience is dying

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
agreed. That's kind of frustrating..smh. oh well. At least I have Picard to fall back on. And the same husband and wife team that produced, Evil, also produces my other favorite show on that network, "The Good Fight" which starts in March, so I guess that will hold me over for now.
I'm pretty much gonna check out anything that Robert & Michelle King put out.
I watched all of The Good Wife, am hooked on The Good fight, love Evil and even watched every episode of their Invasion of the Body Snatchers style political satire, Brain Dead that aired back in the summer of 2016.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
wLWcfm2.png

QzTChq0.png

Fred.
It is playing in one theater in Philly (one of those theaters that only plays foreign, indie, art house movies) and that is it.
You'd think it would be in at least a couple of the AMC theaters in the area since it is a horror movie and a pretty grossout kind of horror movie at that.

• Dap
Reactions: hex