Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
OH shyt!!!
Slap me around and call me Susan!

BRAHMS IS BACK!!!!

:blessed:

Cut the crust off that sammich bytch!!

:ufdup:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He’s doing that “low budget” horror flick coming out this summer.
That's an original idea he is writing as well as directing right? That is how I see Wan now when it comes to horror. He will do his own stuff but he won't be the guy who gets hired to do something by a studio.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Kobe Bryant Used 'Halloween' Theme to Get in the Zone Before Games | Halloween Daily News
While the word mourns the tragic death yesterday of NBA basketball legend Kobe Bryant, and video has resurfaced today in which the iconic player reveals that he would listen to John Carpenter’s Halloween theme to help him get into the zone during some his pre-game routines.

In the interview segment, Bryant says, “For certain key games – I don’t think I’ve ever said this before – this kind of makes me seem kind of psychotic, but whatever. I used to play the Halloween theme song over and over and over in my headphones, seriously. And it was important that it was Michael Myers, because the mask itself is void of emotion. It has nothing to do with pressure, nothing to do with hype, nothing to do with camaraderie, it’s just stone cold killer. And I would listen to that song over and over and over to get – that’s when you know you better run. It’s going to be a tough night.”

Damn that’s interesting, good find. RIP mamba ...

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Novel is called Frozen Hell. Novella is called Who Goes There. I think they'll stick with Frozen Hell because that sounds ominous
So you were saying the full novel was only just recently found?

is the novel just Who Goes There with a greater surrounding story, or is it anthology-style where WGT was just one story among several different stories?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

is the novel just Who Goes There with a greater surrounding story, or is it anthology-style where WGT was just one story among several different stories?
Lol ask @hex. He’s got all those answers. He contributed to the Kickstarter. Man knows a lot more on this subject than I do.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

"Frozen Hell" is the original version of "Who Goes There?", which was shortened for publication in the magazine "Astounding Science Fiction". The original manuscript was found in a storage facility at Harvard, by a guy doing a biography on John W. Campbell, Jr.

He took the manuscript and made a Kickstarter to see if there was interest in getting it published. His original goal was $1,000....he ended up raising $155,000.

It's around 40ish pages longer and goes into a lot more detail about everything. It's basically the Director's Cut of the story.

Fred.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
"Frozen Hell" is the original version of "Who Goes There?", which was shortened for publication in the magazine "Astounding Science Fiction". The original manuscript was found in a storage facility at Harvard, by a guy doing a biography on John W. Campbell, Jr.

He took the manuscript and made a Kickstarter to see if there was interest in getting it published. His original goal was $1,000....he ended up raising $155,000.

It's around 40ish pages longer and goes into a lot more detail about everything. It's basically the Director's Cut of the story.

Fred.
Ah I see, awesome. Look forward to seeing where this goes