Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I've read that there are statements circulating that they pulled back the releases for The Color of Outer Space because the color is "too pink" along with the psychedelic factor and that it's not viewing well for audience to look at in theaters. That's crazy. @Daredevil @Jello Biafra @hex "Nic Cage's 'THE COLOR OUT OF SPACE' has been pulled from the release slate due to "The human eye's inability to see the new color" they created for the movie."
:dwillhuh:

It's like an electric pinkish purple color. I had no issues seeing it on my TV screen...wonder why movie screens would have an issue with it?

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Oh boyyyyy .. this is about to be interesting @cac poster likes nothing, hence the “hehe”.
source.gif
Here’s one for ya:
Last night I watched Psycho II, and enjoyed it very much! Not only did it build suspense masterfully but it also drove several political messages home in the plot. Perkins and Tilly both delivered really great performances, I was floored by that part too. Highly recommend

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I'm pretty much gonna check out anything that Robert & Michelle King put out.
I watched all of The Good Wife, am hooked on The Good fight, love Evil and even watched every episode of their Invasion of the Body Snatchers style political satire, Brain Dead that aired back in the summer of 2016.
I watched all of their shows too, the Good Wife, Good Fight.. every single episode, multiple times. LOL at us having series types in common outside of horror - who would have thought underneath all the beef and trickery.
:deadrose::dead:
and I watched Brain Dead too, that was an Amazon Original, I think years back, like you said. That was really good, only the One season they put out, I was hooked. I was hoping they would bring it back for a season 2.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Here’s one for ya:
Last night I watched Psycho II, and enjoyed it very much! Not only did it build suspense masterfully but it also drove several political messages home in the plot. Perkins and Tilly both delivered really great performances, I was floored by that part too. Highly recommend
This is ironic coming from me but I don't like "Psycho" movies - I'm not a fan of Norman Bates, at all. It was boring to me- all of it. True story. Did not have the wow factor - couldn't get into it, it's like "oh ok, dude is crazy and dresses up like his mother on a killing spree".. mehhh - I always thought Psycho was a very overrated franchise.
:deadmanny:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Here’s one for ya:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If you’ve got an Alamo draft house near you I know they’re playing it

That's who was playing it at 11:00 pm. :dead:

I ain't going to see a movie at 11 pm fam. Not for a regular showing. If it was opening week end or some shyt, cool. But not when the studio clearly dropped the ball on the release of this movie. It's damn near penalizing people for being interested in the movie smh.

Fred.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
This is ironic coming from me but I don't like "Psycho" movies - I'm not a fan of Norman Bates, at all. It was boring to me- all of it. True story. Did not have the wow factor - couldn't get into it, it's like "oh ok, dude is crazy and dresses up like his mother on a killing spree".. mehhh - I always thought Psycho was a very overrated franchise.
:deadmanny:
What seems like a well worn archetype now was revolutionary back then and was one of those movies that raised the bar before there were hardly any notches on the bench to begin with. Something to keep in mind for the second one.

Don’t know if you’ve seen part 2 but what I enjoyed most was the way they built the world after the iconic events of the first. Much more of an exploration of the characters minds

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris

While I thought the introduction of a third party was genius for the suspense factor, I am on the fence about this final scene... I might have been happier with us having to figure out for ourselves if that third entity was Norman all along or if we want to believe him about his “real mother”. While this ending was no doubt more satisfying to audiences overall I am sure, I think leaving the real mother aspect up to ambiguity would have played perfectly in to the question of forgiveness and rehabilitation in the story’s subtext. Great scene anyway, all of the high angle & crane shots are so great throughout this movie.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've read that there are statements circulating that they pulled back the releases for The Color of Outer Space because the color is "too pink" along with the psychedelic factor and that it's not viewing well for audience to look at in theaters. That's crazy. @Daredevil @Jello Biafra @hex "Nic Cage's 'THE COLOR OUT OF SPACE' has been pulled from the release slate due to "The human eye's inability to see the new color" they created for the movie."
:dwillhuh:

Man how the fukk are they dropping the ball so bad with this movie?!

The fact that some people can't see the color....could easily double as unintentional viral marketing for the movie. If they played their cards right. Because two people go see it....one person says "that's a weird ass color"....and the other person doesn't even see it?! :mindblown:

Considering the movie is about an alien "color"....that would sell the movie better than a trailer. If they had the sense to use that to their advantage. But clearly they don't smh.

Fred.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Man how the fukk are they dropping the ball so bad with this movie?!

The fact that some people can't see the color....could easily double as unintentional viral marketing for the movie. If they played their cards right. Because two people go see it....one person says "that's a weird ass color"....and the other person doesn't even see it?! :mindblown:

Considering the movie is about an alien "color"....that would sell the movie better than a trailer. If they had the sense to use that to their advantage. But clearly they don't smh.

Fred.
I’m just hoping it will be less disappointing than Mandy :pachaha:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
While I thought the introduction of a third party was genius for the suspense factor, I am on the fence about this final scene... I might have been happier with us having to figure out for ourselves if that third entity was Norman all along or if we want to believe him about his “real mother”. While this ending was no doubt more satisfying to audiences overall I am sure, I think leaving the real mother aspect up to ambiguity would have played perfectly in to the question of forgiveness and rehabilitation in the story’s subtext. Great scene anyway, all of the high angle & crane shots are so great throughout this movie.
I see how the intro of his real mom kind of undermines a lot of the overall story but just as a satisfying ending that audiences would enjoy I thought it was damn near perfect.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
I thought "Mandy" was cool. Could've used a better editor. Some scenes were a bit too long.

Over all I thought it was cool though. Like a cross between "Grand Theft Auto" and "Dark Souls".

Fred.
My thoughts as well, for the most part. Biggest qualm was the heavy handed visual stylistic choices (some people love this about Panthomos (sp?) movies, me not so much when the plot is fairly bare). That, and how he made those really cool looking cenobite-knockoffs only to have them dispatched easier than the normal redneck villains!

• Dap
Reactions: hex

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
I see how the intro of his real mom kind of undermines a lot of the overall story but just as a satisfying ending that audiences would enjoy I thought it was damn near perfect.
I agree. Overall I loved it. Have you seen parts 3 & 4? I know Perkins directed the third so I’m interested for that reason. Mick Garris directed the fourth... :guilty::whistle: