Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The body horror and time distortion done in COOS is fukking superb. This is the best Lovecraft adaptation I've ever seen.
Richard Stanley is on mick garris’ podcast for the latest ep and I tried to listen to it but dude does too many “ums” for my taste :russ: I know that sounds foul and not everyone is a public speaker but it was too hard for me to get through. Since you loved the movie that much you should check it out tho

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Also lookout for more Elijah Wood projects. This is one of many Lovecraft films.

H.P. Lovecraft Trilogy Being Planned by the Makers of 'Color Out of Space'

lovecraft-trilogy--700x321.jpg

2'
H.P. Lovecraft Trilogy Being Planned by the Makers of ‘Color Out of Space’

Posted on Thursday, November 7th, 2019 by Chris Evangelista

SpectreVision is about to release Color Out of Space, a big, weird H.P. Lovecraft adaptation starring Nicolas Cage and directed by Richard Stanley. But it might not be the last Lovecraft film the production company unleashes. According to founders Elijah Wood and Daniel Noah, a Lovecraft trilogy is being planned, with hopes for a Dunwich Horror movie next.

During an interview with Coming Soon, SpectreVision’s Elijah Wood and Daniel Noah revealed tentative plans for a Lovecraft trilogy, adding that Color Out of Space director Richard Stanely might be involved as well. Wood and Noah said that if there’s “enough of an appetite for these things, and we can keep them going and make at least three of them” because Lovecraft is “such an important voice in horror.”

Wood and Noah added that they were drawn to Stanley’s Color Out of Space script because it remained faithful to the spirit of Lovecraft – something most other Lovecraft adaptations struggle with.

“Lovecraft is possibly the most adapted horror author ever,” Noah said. “But there’s really never been a totally faithful adaptation of any of his works. I think there are a few that are sort of close. One of them is the German version ofColor Out of Space that came out a few years ago. Stuart Gordon’s films are wonderful, but they are more Stuart Gordon than they are Lovecraft. We had been hellbent on finding the Lovecraft adaptation that truly captured cosmic dread without the camp. When we encountered Richard Stanley’s script, I remember texting Elijah after I read the first page and said, ‘This is it. We found it.’ When you see this film, you’ll see that there are all kinds of little references that are allusions to other Lovecraft stories.”

While the third entry in this potential franchise has yet to be revealed, Wood and Noah told Coming Soon they’re in the early stages of developing The Dunwich Horror. The Dunwich Horror deals with witchcraft, cattle mutilations, aliens, and all sorts of other Lovecraftian weirdness. It was previously adapted into a 1970 movie.

I found Color Out of Space to be a little too unfocused for its own good, but I’m all-in on Richard Stanely doing more Lovecraft adaptations for SpectreVision, just because I know at the very least, they won’t be boring.

Color Out of Space arrives January 24, 2020.

Cool Posts From Around the Web:
‘Doctor Who’ Rewrites History With the Introduction of a New Doctor in “Fugitive of the Judoon”

‘I Blame Society’ Poster Teases a Bold and Meta Approach to Murder [Exclusive]
MARISA MIRABALPosted on Monday, January 27th, 2020
‘The Nowhere Inn’ Review: St. Vincent and Carrie Brownstein Tackle the Surreal Side of Fame [Sundance 2020]
CHRIS EVANGELISTAPosted on Monday, January 27th, 2020
‘Klaus’ and ‘I Lost My Body’ Win Big at 2020 Annie Awards as Netflix Dominates
HOAI-TRAN BUIPosted on Monday, January 27th, 2020
Exclusive: Alamo Drafthouse Audiences Pick the Best Films of 2019, Rank the ‘Star Wars’ Movies, and More in a New Infographic
ETHAN ANDERTONPosted on Monday, January 27th, 2020
‘Downhill’ Review: ‘Force Majeure’ Gets a Watered-Down, Mostly Amusing American Remake [Sundance 2020]
Dave Filoni, Christopher Yost Among Choices to Replace Obi-Wan Kenobi TV Series Writer
Read More »

LOL: Adam Driver Returns as Kylo Ren on ‘Undercover Boss’ for ‘Saturday Night Live’
The Morning Watch: Jennifer Aniston Surprises ‘Friends’ Fans, ‘Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse’ on TikTok & More
‘Spree’ Review: A Desperate Rideshare Driver Kills His Customers for the ‘Gram [Sundance 2020]
BEN PEARSONPosted on Sunday, January 26th, 2020
‘Escape from Pretoria’ Trailer: Can Daniel Radcliffe Escape a South African Prison?
ETHAN ANDERTONPosted on Sunday, January 26th, 2020
CHRIS EVANGELISTA
‘Kajillionaire’ Review: Miranda July’s Con Artist Movie is Strange But Ultimately Sweet [Sundance 2020]

‘Star Wars Resistance’ Series Finale “The Escape” Feels Both Finished and Unfinished
CAROLINE CAOPosted on Sunday, January 26th, 2020
‘Save Yourselves!’ Review: A Couple Goes Off the Grid Just as Aliens Arrive [Sundance 2020]
TV Bits: ‘Parasite’ Miniseries, ‘Doctor Who,’ ‘Impeachment: American Crime Story,’ & More
HOAI-TRAN BUIPosted on Sunday, January 26th, 2020
‘Dream Horse’ Review: Toni Collette and Damian Lewis Lead This Crowd-Pleasing Sports Drama [Sundance 2020]
‘Manhunt: Deadly Games’ Trailer: Ready For More Richard Jewell-Based Entertainment?
CHRIS EVANGELISTAPosted on Sunday, January 26th, 2020
‘Possessor’ Review: Brandon Cronenberg’s Ultra-Violent Thriller is Unlike Anything You’ve Ever Seen Before [Sundance 2020]
Read More »

Adam Driver Is Super Chill, Returns as Kylo Ren on the Fantastic First ‘Saturday Night Live’ of 2020
‘Shirley’ Review: Elisabeth Moss is Phenomenal in Josephine Decker’s Stellar Portrait of Shirley Jackson [Sundance 2020]
Sam Mendes Tops 2020 DGA Winners for ‘1917’, Which Also Earned Roger Deakins Another ASC Award
Sony Pushes Back ‘Uncharted’ to March 2021, Knocking ‘Masters of the Universe’ Off the Calendar
BEN PEARSON
‘Worth’ Review: Michael Keaton and Amy Ryan Measure the Human Cost of 9/11 [Sundance 2020]

‘Ironbark’ Review: Benedict Cumberbatch Shines in This True Life Spy Drama [Sundance 2020]
BEN PEARSONPosted on Saturday, January 25th, 2020
VOTD: ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Music Video with Wiz Khalifa, Ty Dolla $ign, Lil Yachty and Sueco the Child
ETHAN ANDERTONPosted on Saturday, January 25th, 2020
‘The Night House’ Review: Rebecca Hall Gets Haunted in a Scary, Cluttered Horror Pic [Sundance 2020]
CHRIS EVANGELISTAPosted on Saturday, January 25th, 2020
Theme Park Bits: ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ Land at Universal’s Epic Universe, “Magic Happens” Sneak Peek, New Disneyland Paris Parades, and More
JOSH SPIEGELPosted on Saturday, January 25th, 2020
‘Come Away’ Review: A Delightful Origin Story of Peter Before Pan and Alice Before Wonderland [Sundance 2020]

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Also lookout for more Elijah Wood projects. This is one of many Lovecraft films.

H.P. Lovecraft Trilogy Being Planned by the Makers of 'Color Out of Space'

lovecraft-trilogy--700x321.jpg

2'
H.P. Lovecraft Trilogy Being Planned by the Makers of ‘Color Out of Space’

Posted on Thursday, November 7th, 2019 by Chris Evangelista

SpectreVision is about to release Color Out of Space, a big, weird H.P. Lovecraft adaptation starring Nicolas Cage and directed by Richard Stanley. But it might not be the last Lovecraft film the production company unleashes. According to founders Elijah Wood and Daniel Noah, a Lovecraft trilogy is being planned, with hopes for a Dunwich Horror movie next.

During an interview with Coming Soon, SpectreVision’s Elijah Wood and Daniel Noah revealed tentative plans for a Lovecraft trilogy, adding that Color Out of Space director Richard Stanely might be involved as well. Wood and Noah said that if there’s “enough of an appetite for these things, and we can keep them going and make at least three of them” because Lovecraft is “such an important voice in horror.”

Wood and Noah added that they were drawn to Stanley’s Color Out of Space script because it remained faithful to the spirit of Lovecraft – something most other Lovecraft adaptations struggle with.

“Lovecraft is possibly the most adapted horror author ever,” Noah said. “But there’s really never been a totally faithful adaptation of any of his works. I think there are a few that are sort of close. One of them is the German version ofColor Out of Space that came out a few years ago. Stuart Gordon’s films are wonderful, but they are more Stuart Gordon than they are Lovecraft. We had been hellbent on finding the Lovecraft adaptation that truly captured cosmic dread without the camp. When we encountered Richard Stanley’s script, I remember texting Elijah after I read the first page and said, ‘This is it. We found it.’ When you see this film, you’ll see that there are all kinds of little references that are allusions to other Lovecraft stories.”

While the third entry in this potential franchise has yet to be revealed, Wood and Noah told Coming Soon they’re in the early stages of developing The Dunwich Horror. The Dunwich Horror deals with witchcraft, cattle mutilations, aliens, and all sorts of other Lovecraftian weirdness. It was previously adapted into a 1970 movie.

I found Color Out of Space to be a little too unfocused for its own good, but I’m all-in on Richard Stanely doing more Lovecraft adaptations for SpectreVision, just because I know at the very least, they won’t be boring.

Color Out of Space arrives January 24, 2020.

Cool Posts From Around the Web:
‘Doctor Who’ Rewrites History With the Introduction of a New Doctor in “Fugitive of the Judoon”

‘I Blame Society’ Poster Teases a Bold and Meta Approach to Murder [Exclusive]
MARISA MIRABALPosted on Monday, January 27th, 2020
‘The Nowhere Inn’ Review: St. Vincent and Carrie Brownstein Tackle the Surreal Side of Fame [Sundance 2020]
‘Klaus’ and ‘I Lost My Body’ Win Big at 2020 Annie Awards as Netflix Dominates
Exclusive: Alamo Drafthouse Audiences Pick the Best Films of 2019, Rank the ‘Star Wars’ Movies, and More in a New Infographic
‘Downhill’ Review: ‘Force Majeure’ Gets a Watered-Down, Mostly Amusing American Remake [Sundance 2020]
Dave Filoni, Christopher Yost Among Choices to Replace Obi-Wan Kenobi TV Series Writer
Read More »

LOL: Adam Driver Returns as Kylo Ren on ‘Undercover Boss’ for ‘Saturday Night Live’
The Morning Watch: Jennifer Aniston Surprises ‘Friends’ Fans, ‘Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse’ on TikTok & More
‘Spree’ Review: A Desperate Rideshare Driver Kills His Customers for the ‘Gram [Sundance 2020]
‘Escape from Pretoria’ Trailer: Can Daniel Radcliffe Escape a South African Prison?
CHRIS EVANGELISTA
‘Kajillionaire’ Review: Miranda July’s Con Artist Movie is Strange But Ultimately Sweet [Sundance 2020]

‘Star Wars Resistance’ Series Finale “The Escape” Feels Both Finished and Unfinished
CAROLINE CAOPosted on Sunday, January 26th, 2020
‘Save Yourselves!’ Review: A Couple Goes Off the Grid Just as Aliens Arrive [Sundance 2020]
TV Bits: ‘Parasite’ Miniseries, ‘Doctor Who,’ ‘Impeachment: American Crime Story,’ & More
HOAI-TRAN BUIPosted on Sunday, January 26th, 2020
‘Dream Horse’ Review: Toni Collette and Damian Lewis Lead This Crowd-Pleasing Sports Drama [Sundance 2020]
‘Manhunt: Deadly Games’ Trailer: Ready For More Richard Jewell-Based Entertainment?
‘Possessor’ Review: Brandon Cronenberg’s Ultra-Violent Thriller is Unlike Anything You’ve Ever Seen Before [Sundance 2020]
Read More »

Adam Driver Is Super Chill, Returns as Kylo Ren on the Fantastic First ‘Saturday Night Live’ of 2020
‘Shirley’ Review: Elisabeth Moss is Phenomenal in Josephine Decker’s Stellar Portrait of Shirley Jackson [Sundance 2020]
Sam Mendes Tops 2020 DGA Winners for ‘1917’, Which Also Earned Roger Deakins Another ASC Award
Sony Pushes Back ‘Uncharted’ to March 2021, Knocking ‘Masters of the Universe’ Off the Calendar
BEN PEARSON
‘Worth’ Review: Michael Keaton and Amy Ryan Measure the Human Cost of 9/11 [Sundance 2020]

‘Ironbark’ Review: Benedict Cumberbatch Shines in This True Life Spy Drama [Sundance 2020]
VOTD: ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Music Video with Wiz Khalifa, Ty Dolla $ign, Lil Yachty and Sueco the Child
ETHAN ANDERTONPosted on Saturday, January 25th, 2020
‘The Night House’ Review: Rebecca Hall Gets Haunted in a Scary, Cluttered Horror Pic [Sundance 2020]
CHRIS EVANGELISTAPosted on Saturday, January 25th, 2020
Theme Park Bits: ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ Land at Universal’s Epic Universe, “Magic Happens” Sneak Peek, New Disneyland Paris Parades, and More
JOSH SPIEGELPosted on Saturday, January 25th, 2020
‘Come Away’ Review: A Delightful Origin Story of Peter Before Pan and Alice Before Wonderland [Sundance 2020]
Yeah my buddy told me Dunwich was next. I'm hoping At the Mountains of Madness is last.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Last edited: