Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

REAL6

All Star
Daps
Looks like we have a sub-subforum discussion that popped off. Interesting to read the comments. @REAL6 is there a specific name or for those types of movies?

Yes, it is called "Category III"

500px-hong_kong_film_rating_cat3-svg.png

When you saw that symbol on a DVD, you knew shyt was about to go down!!!

Here's more about it for those that don't know.

List of Hong Kong Category III films - Wikipedia

Also an article about it:

The Gory Glory Days of Hong Kong Category III Cinema – part 1 | easternkicks.com

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Brand New Cherry Flavor is the story of Lisa Nova (Salazar), an aspiring film director in the sun-drenched but seamy world of 1990 Los Angeles who embarks on a mind-altering journey — from the streets of Beverly Hills to the forests of Brazil — of supernatural revenge.”

The eight episode series was penned by “Channel Zero” duo Nick Antosca and Lenore Zion. “Channel Zero: Butcher’s Block” director Arkasha Stevenson will direct the pilot.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
‘The Georgetown Project’: Kevin Williamson Horror Film Adds Sam Worthington and David Hyde Pierce!
Miramax’s supernatural thriller from Scream co-creator Kevin Williamson has been given a title: The Georgetown Project.

The film stars Oscar winner Russell Crowe as a troubled actor shooting a supernatural horror film.

ADVERTIm Worthington (pictured above; Avatar, Terminator Salvation, Fractured) and David Hyde Pierce (pictured below; “Frasier”, Wet Hot American Summer, The Perfect Host) have landed lead roles alongside Crowe, says THR, with Ryan Simpkins, Chloe Bailey, Tracey Bonner and Samantha Mathis also starring.

Adam Goldberg (“Taken”) has also joined the cast.

Being written and directed by Joshua John Miller and M.A. Fortin, the writers of 2015’s brilliant slasher-comedy The Final Girls, the film follows troubled actor Anthony Miller (Crowe), who begins to unravel while shooting a supernatural horror film. His estranged daughter (Ryan Simpkins) wonders if he’s slipping back into his past addictions or if there’s something more sinister at play.

Bill Block is producing for Miramax. Kevin Williamson and Ben Fast are producing for Outerbanks

REAL6

All Star
Daps
You must like Asian horror. Lol . I’ll give it a watch - sitting here on the train, waiting - nothing else to do atm.

No, I love all horror in general. But Chinese 90's horror and American horror from the 80s were my fav. Allot of it was cheese but then again, I love film as a whole and don't take the bad films too serious. That way you can appreciate it more. Check out South Korean cinema now. To me they make some of the best work for the last 15 years.

I give all films a chance. Those that have a 0 budget to movies that have a budget of 50million. Most times, you have more fun with the low budget ones because those directors have something to prove and don't take themselves too series. Just like old Troma films.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
No, I love all horror in general. But Chinese 90's horror and American horror from the 80s were my fav. Allot of it was cheese but then again, I love film as a whole and don't take the bad films too serious. That way you can appreciate it more. Check out South Korean cinema now. To me they make some of the best work for the last 15 years.

I give all films a chance. Those that have a 0 budget to movies that have a budget of 50million. Most times, you have more fun with the low budget ones because those directors have something to prove and don't take themselves too series. Just like old Troma films.
Thanks for contributing to this thread. Will definitely take a lot into this more.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Few updates from Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead remake director and Don't Breathe director):

First, he's producing a texas chain saw reboot. No word on if he's directing. But based on what he did with Evil Dead, I'm all for this.

B, a "shining in the White House" horror flick that sounds like it could be a real thing but no, its a movie

Fede Alvarez’s Next Horror Movie Described As “THE SHINING In The White House”

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Few updates from Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead remake director and Don't Breathe director):

First, he's producing a texas chain saw reboot. No word on if he's directing. But based on what he did with Evil Dead, I'm all for this.

B, a "shining in the White House" horror flick that sounds like it could be a real thing but no, its a movie

There goes that politics - horror connection within the films.
and lol at the photo in the link.
:mjlol::deadmanny:
We all know where this is going -
"Alvarez's film will revolve around an unhinged lunatic who somehow finds himself placed in charge of things at the White House, where he'll be forced to battle both isolation and his inner demons alongside his abused family. We can't imagine how Alvarez and Sayagues came up with this idea. "

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There goes that politics - horror connection within the films.
and lol at the photo in the link.
:mjlol::deadmanny:
We all know where this is going -
"Alvarez's film will revolve around an unhinged lunatic who somehow finds himself placed in charge of things at the White House, where he'll be forced to battle both isolation and his inner demons alongside his abused family. We can't imagine how Alvarez and Sayagues came up with this idea. "

I mean BMD's subhead said it best: Somehow not a documentary:russ:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

That "Shining in the WH" movie sounds intriguing but I'm not as interested in another Texas Chainsaw reboot.