Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Lol. This. Applying their logic- horror movies especially independent movies would never, ever get created or developed. Imagine contemplating whether babysitters will get murdered en masse ala Halloween, or cancelling Freddy bc kids have nightmares, the whole set up for Texas Chainsaw was based on "inspired" events- no one is committing chainsaw murder on a daily basis out here like it's an epidemic and Rob Z movies wouldn't even reach past the creative stage bc of the horror-core elements of his movies. (Don't say a word @Jello Biafra, not one damn word..I already know the set up:camby:and things in the pike to address with you. I didn't forget- it's never over, my process was interrupted but will resume as planned :sas2:). Bottom line - real world psychos and deviants are going to do what they do regardless. That's being morally and mentally compromised as individuals, nothing to do with artistic expression.
Let's not leave out the fact that Hostel is based on real life organ trafficking and harvesting :coffee:But there's not enough outrage for the real life issues behind that. Remember how we discussed movies like Spit on Your Grave and Last House on the Left, were not widely received bc they cater to a more targeted, smaller audience. That would stifle that from ever being made based on the graphic content alone. Reminds of that whole "Tipper Gore" ratings and violent content, movement back in the day, acting like it was a national crisis. Now everyone is acting like a Tipper behind their keyboards about what they don't like based on whatever is trending. So fake.
and side note: I've never seen Re-Animator, what the hell is that about with the head :damn::damn:???!!
You need to stop whatever you are doing and go watch RE-ANIMATOR right now.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think its because there's so much horror now. like so damn much, the only way to separate yourself from the pack now is to throw some humor in it. especially with Zombies cause....walking dead is depressing as fukk and I thin the audience wants something with a little twist to it if you're going to keep doing the same ideas.
THE WALKING DEAD being so fukking somber is why I loved the different take that Z-NATION took.
It's also why I really didn't like that overly serious Z-NATION spinoff on Netflix.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
:laff::laff: That question reads funny lmao.
I probably have but I wasn't paying attention. There's so many sites and sources out there. When I started following links it opens a whole rabbit hole of related information and web sources. Also I have a google alert set up for "horror" linking to my email.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I'm going to be writing a horror comic.

@Nicole0416. Need a good horror movie to watch after my kickboxing match tomorrow. Any suggestions.
I know Re-Animator is on the list for sure from you guys talking about it. :lupe:
I want to see Joker, (that's not really horror but I wanted to see what it's about).
Let me run through my lists to see what else I can have on deck.