Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Sets a concerning precedent as far as censorship and the boundaries of arts being affected by real life events. Most of the time, they end up making movies years later about the event like they do with serial killers (BTK) or catastrophic events.

It's always the thing with horror tho. People bytch and moan about the movies. They don't want them released. They end up released and...nothing bad happens:russ:

There's an actual impeachment happening right now. Release the movie and I guarantee no one will care about it outside those of us who want to see it. Or sell it to hulu or Shudder and let them show it. You'll get more attention and money because its "taboo" now. From a creative standpoint that shyt makes my stomach hurt. If I ever write something and someone says "well, we can't release this or publish this because it might offend this person or that person etc" then I'm flipping tables. Re-Animator features a head giving head to a woman. Pretty sure enough conservative types were up in arms about that. movie dropped and guess what? Zombie heads didn't start strapping women down to metal sheets and eating them out. The world continues to spin

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Sets a concerning precedent as far as censorship and the boundaries of arts being affected by real life events.
Agreed, if we're going to go the "too close to home" route, literally every genre of movie, minus maybe fantasy, has something going on in it that reflects real world circumstances somewhere. Just release it on demand and let the people decide what they do/don't want to see

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Agreed, if we're going to go the "too close to home" route, literally every genre of movie, minus maybe fantasy, has something going on in it that reflects real world circumstances somewhere. Just release it on demand and let the people decide what they do/don't want to see
Exactly. This. Release it, don't censor it or sanction it from being shown and let people at least have a choice in deciding what they want to see. I hate all this "cancel" mentality prevalent these days anyway. They can't censor artistic development.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's always the thing with horror tho. People bytch and moan about the movies. They don't want them released. They end up released and...nothing bad happens:russ:

There's an actual impeachment happening right now. Release the movie and I guarantee no one will care about it outside those of us who want to see it. Or sell it to hulu or Shudder and let them show it. You'll get more attention and money because its "taboo" now. From a creative standpoint that shyt makes my stomach hurt. If I ever write something and someone says "well, we can't release this or publish this because it might offend this person or that person etc" then I'm flipping tables. Re-Animator features a head giving head to a woman. Pretty sure enough conservative types were up in arms about that. movie dropped and guess what? Zombie heads didn't start strapping women down to metal sheets and eating them out. The world continues to spin
Lol. This. Applying their logic- horror movies especially independent movies would never, ever get created or developed. Imagine contemplating whether babysitters will get murdered en masse ala Halloween, or cancelling Freddy bc kids have nightmares, the whole set up for Texas Chainsaw was based on "inspired" events- no one is committing chainsaw murder on a daily basis out here like it's an epidemic and Rob Z movies wouldn't even reach past the creative stage bc of the horror-core elements of his movies. (Don't say a word @Jello Biafra, not one damn word..I already know the set up:camby:and things in the pike to address with you. I didn't forget- it's never over, my process was interrupted but will resume as planned :sas2:). Bottom line - real world psychos and deviants are going to do what they do regardless. That's being morally and mentally compromised as individuals, nothing to do with artistic expression.
Let's not leave out the fact that Hostel is based on real life organ trafficking and harvesting :coffee:But there's not enough outrage for the real life issues behind that. Remember how we discussed movies like Spit on Your Grave and Last House on the Left, were not widely received bc they cater to a more targeted, smaller audience. That would stifle that from ever being made based on the graphic content alone. Reminds of that whole "Tipper Gore" ratings and violent content, movement back in the day, acting like it was a national crisis. Now everyone is acting like a Tipper behind their keyboards about what they don't like based on whatever is trending. So fake.
and side note: I've never seen Re-Animator, what the hell is that about with the head :damn::damn:???!!

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Lol. This. Applying their logic- horror movies especially independent movies would never, ever get created or developed. Imagine contemplating whether babysitters will get murdered en masse ala Halloween, or cancelling Freddy bc kids have nightmares, the whole set up for Texas Chainsaw was based on "inspired" events- no one is committing chainsaw murder and Rob Z movies wouldn't even reach past the creative stage bc of the horror-core elements of his movies. (Don't say a word @Jello Biafra, not one damn word..I already know the set up:camby:and things in the pike to address with you. I didn't forget- it's never over, my process was interrupted but will resume as planned :sas2:). Bottom line - real world psychos and deviants are going to do what they do regardless. That's being morally and mentally compromised as individuals, nothing to do with artistic expression.
Let's not leave out the fact that Hostel is based on real life organ trafficking and harvesting :coffee:But there's not enough outrage for the real life issues behind that. Remember how we discussed movies like Spit on Your Grave and Last House on the Left, were not widely received bc they cater to a more targeted, smaller audience. That would stifle that from ever being made based on the graphic content alone.
and side note: I've never seen Re-Animator, what the hell is that about with the head :damn::damn:???!!

Girl...you haven't seen Re-Animator? @BXKingPin82 she don't know about the fukkery:wow:

It's on Shudder. Here's the long and short of it: Mad scientist finds a way to bring the dead back to life and it doesn't go according to planned. it's a horror comedy so it's outlandish as fukk and bloody as hell

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Never heard of that one - is it one of their newly released "originals" though?
I will come back and roast you zombie style if you make me regret watching this.
:hhh:

It's a tv series based on a comic. The idea is the nuclear blast finally goes off and the adults destroy the planet. the only ones who survive are kids, while the adults become zombies. So you take the typical high school clique stuff and social circles and put them in the apocalypse. And the main character is looking for the woman he loves since they were separated when the bomb went off

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's a tv series based on a comic. The idea is the nuclear blast finally goes off and the adults destroy the planet. the only ones who survive are kids, while the adults become zombies. So you take the typical high school clique stuff and social circles and put them in the apocalypse. And the main character is looking for the woman he loves since they were separated when the bomb went off
ok... I'll give it a look . sounds like it has a "Lord of The Flies" element to it

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
yeah but its funny
Seems like “horror-com” is becoming the dominant subgenre right now. That’s been the majority of the new releases or series. Horror with a comedic twist. Little Monsters, Ready or Not, Zomboat, Scream 3rd season, Slasher latest season, this
:jbhmm:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Seems like “horror-com” is becoming the dominant subgenre right now. That’s been the majority of the new releases or series. Horror with a comedic twist. Little Monsters, Ready or Not, Zomboat, Scream 3rd season, Slasher latest season, this
:jbhmm:
I think its because there's so much horror now. like so damn much, the only way to separate yourself from the pack now is to throw some humor in it. especially with Zombies cause....walking dead is depressing as fukk and I thin the audience wants something with a little twist to it if you're going to keep doing the same ideas.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:ehh: I'm not mad at this

Hmmmm... what does she mean by “indoctrinate” ? I don’t know about this :francis: because the prior movies were R, if they were planning to cater or target a specific younger audience they should have just made an entirely new movie. That teenage audience wasn’t even born yet for the last release so how will they know the basis of the new one anyway. I didnt see the 70s version until recently but saw the 2000s version when it came out. Let me read the article before I talk. The idea of reaching girls in horror is good to bring attention to and more of us would feel less restricted as women lending a female voice to horror bc obviously it’s a male dominated genre but I’ve been watching horror since I was in elementary school (the exception being as long as there were no blatant sex scenes). Don’t water it down or sugarcoat movies just to cater to us bc we want to get the full experience too without the filter.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hmmmm... what does she mean by “indoctrinate” ? I don’t know about this :francis: because the prior movies were R, if they were planning to cater or target a specific younger audience they should have just made an entirely new movie. That teenage audience wasn’t even born yet for the last release so how will they know the basis of the new one anyway. I didnt see the 70s version until recently but saw the 2000s version when it came out. Let me read the article before I talk. The idea of reaching girls in horror is good to bring attention to and more of us would feel less restricted as women lending a female voice to horror bc obviously it’s a male dominated genre but I’ve been watching horror since I was in elementary school (the exception being as long as there were no blatant sex scenes). Don’t water it down or sugarcoat movies just to cater to us bc we want to get the full experience too without the filter.

Yeah I get the idea but I need to see the execution. Idk how much of the trailer you watched but its clearly designed with women in mind in terms of its message and its characters and the story and plot machinations. That's the best I can do without giving all that shyt away lol but it seems she wants girls to get into the theater who normally wouldn't be allowed. and it IS possible to make scary Pg13 horror. shyt the ring scared the fukk out of me in high school