Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I been watching a shyt ton of movies. And knowing your boy, most of it's been horror.

I watched that Amityville remake with Ryan Reynolds. Not usually a fan of dude but he's what's basically what made that film worth watching. I didn't realize that mean brother from the Butterfly Effect was in this. After this movie, that kid basically fell off role wise. Chloe Moretz is in this too... I hate her lmao. Decent film to watch while I tried to recover from a hang over.

I rewatched both Hereditary and Midsommar. I remember extremely liking Hereditary and was only tripped out by Midsommar because I was high out of my got damn mind. Second time around I feel like Hereditary will be considered a horror classic down the line, and Midsommar was mid or below average depending on who you are. Midsommar might blow your mind if you're a horror rookie just by the shock value of the film it provides, but this film ain't shyt if you watch horror daily like us, or have seen Wickerman. Plus I felt like what he wanted to say in Midsommar was already said in Hereditary. I hope breh doesn't become a one-trick pony because he's talented. Both films end with old naked ladies :russ::russ: Where do they even find these type of people to want to audition for that?

I watched Nosferatu for the first time. My first silent film too. Great film. How can a 1922 character be so creepy? Those face expressions he made... The way he walked...:picard::picard:..... but of course he died because of a white woman :mjlit:. I can see how it's stood the test of time. I didn't realize Bram Stoker was such a legend like this man.

I just got done watching the OG Carrie. That shyt was FIRE. It was an enjoyable film that I feel wouldn't be shyt if it was written in today's age. Timing is everything for certain situations, and this film is one of them. Didn't realize John Travolta was in this :russ:. Them white women were bad too:wow::wow:.. Momma was crazy as hell man :hhh::hhh:. Another reason why I feel like this type of story wouldn't make it into this generation is because this gen likes to say "I wasn't even scared..." Like that's one of the reasons why a horror film is great but it's not the end all be all like some people make it out to believe.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Any of you heard about ZOMBOAT?

It's a UK series about two sisters in Birmingham who decide the best way to escape the zombie apocalypse is by taking a canal boat from Birmingham to London because "zombies can't swim".

The premise sounds dumb as hell but it is actually a pretty funny show. It's zombie/comedy in the vein of SHAUN OF THE DEAD.

It airs on Hulu.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

It's a UK series about two sisters in Birmingham who decide the best way to escape the zombie apocalypse is by taking a canal boat from Birmingham to London because "zombies can't swim".

The premise sounds dumb as hell but it is actually a pretty funny show. It's zombie/comedy in the vein of SHAUN OF THE DEAD.

It airs on Hulu.

:ohhh: Never heard of it. Once Disney gets me out its clutches, I’ll give it a look

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Real shyt...Netflix is about to get the bushes
They are lacking heavy :francis::hhh:
I have added nothing new to my watchlist in months.
Last movie that I saw was so underwhelming.
I keep it for Peaky Blinders, Gommorah and Narcos.
They added all this new Nickelodeon content for kids, but other than that, horror selection is trash.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

It airs on Hulu.

:deadmanny::dead:
I saw it come up on my suggestions.
I needed a new horror-com to watch, finished up Stan v. Evil on Hulu.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They are lacking heavy :francis::hhh:
I have added nothing new to my watchlist in months.
Last movie that I saw was so underwhelming.
I keep it for Peaky Blinders, Gommorah and Narcos.
They added all this new Nickelodeon content for kids, but other than that, horror selection is trash.
Brushed them last night. Serves no purpose for me. I’ll holla at them when stranger things comes back and if another season of MST3K happens. My homie was sharing my account with me and he barely touches it so yeah. I’m good.

Shudder and amazon’s horror selection dumps on theirs

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Blumhouse production has another one - February 2020 (Fantasy Island)
(sorry if double posted, haven't been on this thread like that in a min, and haven't searched)
‘Fantasy Island’ Trailer: Blumhouse Twists Show Into Careful-What-You-Wish-For Horror
From “Truth or Dare” director Jeff Wadlow comes “Fantasy Island,” a horror-movie adaptation of the classic, campy 1970s TV series about a magical resort that grants vacationers their wishes, for a price. With a screenplay by Wadlow with Jillian Jacobs and Christopher Roach, the film’s cast includes Maggie Q, Michael Peña, Portia Doubleday, Lucy Hale, Ryan Hansen, and Kim Coates. Below, watch the first trailer for the Blumhouse production, which opens theatrically next year on Valentine’s Day from Sony Pictures.

original premise of the movie is based on this old 70s show: