Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
It's in the same vein. Cult, old God, ect.
True nuff true nuff. I enjoyed the way they portrayed the deity symbol (torso with antlers thing) in their dreams, made for some effective chills.

Honestly they don’t leverage enough surrealism, in dreams or elsewhere, in modern horror. Despite my overall disdain for the Suspiria remake, at least it had some effective dream-sequence-surrealism

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
:mjtf:hollllldddd all the way uppppp... you're violating :whoa:I'm from Queens :stopitslime:
Being a Queen Bytch is different from being a queen's bytch.
Besides that, Queens makes Kings. Life is not a horror movie where I'm from but we still represent.
:unimpressed::stylin:

I just naturally hate Queens.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Ah, yeah I agree with everything you said haha. The Muscietti guy was laughably bad at meshing the characters together, all of the adult scenes felt like they were out of a half-assed TV show.

The scare pieces were a drop in quality from the first one too, by no small degree either. That scene that ripped off The Thing was just so bad... like, really, just so poorly and annoyingly done. The trailer scene that you mentioned was almost great but doubly ruined its surprise factor because they 1. Telegraphed that it was pennywise almost from the start instead of letting the surrealism work it’s magic, and 2. .....BECAUSE IT WAS IN THE DAMN TRAILER! Wtf

shame too because Bill Hader really brought it. The self-conflict he felt with himself was really masterfully done, I honestly think he’s growing in to a great actor after Barry and this. Absolutely wasted on terrible pacing and dialogue in the script
agreed on each point.
slightly OT but Bill Hader is underrated af. Do you ever watch that satire "Documentary Now" series on Netflix with him and the other comedian from Saturday night live. The series are paraodies of PBS biographical shows. Those mockumentaries have me dead.
:laff::laff::dead:

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
agreed on each point.
slightly OT but Bill Hader is underrated af. Do you ever watch that satire "Documentary Now" series on Netflix with him and the other comedian from Saturday night live. The series are paraodies of PBS biographical shows. Those mockumentaries have me dead.
:laff::laff::dead:
Hahah the first episode of Documentary Now where they’re like the evil ladies or whatever was fukking amazing lmaoo
Man I forgot all about that

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Hahah the first episode of Documentary Now where they’re like the evil ladies or whatever was fukking amazing lmaoo
Man I forgot all about that
:laff:
-The "Batshyt Valley Pts. 1 and 2" episodes with the Ra-Shawrir cult lady and the local town ladies, along with the undercover FBI agent who they send in to infiltrate the cult but ends up getting brainwashed, joins the cult for real and becomes one of their leaders. So they send in another FBI agent to rescue him and the same thing happens to him. Meanwhile, the ladies are fighting over vegetables and pumpkin carving contests.
:deadmanny: