Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched that last night.

The quality levels of the vignettes were all over the place in this movie and I have no idea what the hell Mickey Rourke was doing as The Projectionist.
Yes was disappointing . I want someone to make a good anthology horror movie again the last recent one that really stood out to me I think was rec :jbhmm: even creepshow has been disappointing. I watch it just because I have shudder

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I got about 3 times as many teenagers than little kids begging for candy last night.
I didn't get a lot of teenagers this year. Someone in my neighborhood had a good idea to have a party for them, rented out a space and called it a "harvest night festival party" . Didn't know about it until last night. They had all types of snacks and desserts, music and movies for them. I ended up crashing that acting like I was there to chaperone.
:lolbron:
I didn't get a chance to finish watching "31" bc of that last night. But I didn't forget.
:hhh::scust:

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
How many of y‘all know „the incident“ ? check it out if you havent already, dope movie :wow:

ps: I like rob zombie too :yeshrug::ehh:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This to commence Day 2 of the month of Rob Zombie . Good news
Shudder Acquires Exclusive Streaming Rights to Rob Zombie’s 3 FROM HELL

Shudder, AMC Networks’ premium streaming service for horror, thriller and the supernatural, has acquired exclusive streaming rights in the U.S. and Canada to 3 from Hell, the blood-soaked new chapter in director Rob Zombie’s vicious “Rejects” trilogy, the service announced today. The film is slated to premiere on Shudder in February 2020. 3 from Hell will join other Rob Zombie classics on Shudder including 31 (a Shudder Exclusive), The Devil’s Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses. In September and October, Saban Films, Lionsgate and Fathom Events presented 3 From Hell .

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Random as hell.
Watching Bride of Chucky with my son and Boobi.

Im noddin out tho.

Edit

I gotta make me a "white women i would fukk the shyt outa" list.

:patrice:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The latest installment of Hulu's INTO THE DARK series is Pilgrim (in honor of the Thanksgiving holiday) and the premise sounds absolutely ridiculous except it's supposed to be based on some shyt that actually happened:

Based on a shocking true story: In an attempt to remind her family of their privilege and help them bond, Ms. Anna Barker invites Pilgrim reenactors to stay with them over Thanksgiving. When the “actors” refuse to break character, the Barker family learns that there is such a thing as too much gratitude.

I'm gonna shower, go grab something to eat for lunch and come home to watch this nonsense.
Hopefully it is just as insane as it's synopsis makes it out to be.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Day 3 - in the self titled RZ 30 day appreciation sub thread inspired by @Jello Biafra .

Resumed watching “31” at this current time. First off, gotta love how a certain poster in here has a penchant for exaggerating minute details about this movie. The Hispanic nazi dwarf only had about 5 minutes of screen time therefore his part was inconsequential to the movie and was clearly added for entertainment value of the movie. The two black characters are not cast in the stereotypical “first man down” buffoonish roles so credit to Rob Zombie for actually giving black men substance in this movie and not running with the racist reactionary roles. Could have left out the fake Jamaican accent (but I digress).

Also the introduction - movie had me hooked first 10 mins in with a plot twist. The victimizers were not who I thought they would be. I think this movie could be up there with The Devil’s Rejects,
:whew:(To be continued)

Liking the subtle Texas Chainsaw reference with the killer clown on a chainsaw rampage.

Last edited:

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
I scarcely weigh-in on Zombie because 1. He seems to garnered a following and appeases his fanbase for the most part, & 2. To his credit, he has one vision of this kinda hyperactive, gen-x’er-in-the-new-age twist on grindhouse aesthetic that he continually drives at rather than just making a bunch of nonsense.

He’s a pretty learned filmmaker at the very least, and tries to carve out his own vision which might be more than others of his ilk like Roth and Rodriguez can say. His idea of fun is just not my cup of tea :old:

Last edited:

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
While I was having a patented Lay In Bed All Sunday Morning session, I watched Michael Powell’s “Peeping Tom”, a British proto-slasher that was banned in the UK for a long time. It was beautifully made with a well written script, obviously hugely Hitchcock-influenced but for the most part it apes him successfully, which is to say that it follows the formula for a great thriller. It came out the same year as Psycho and bears many similarities, so there are obvious comparisons, but this movie is unique in many ways - enough to set it apart.

The most interesting aspect I would say is the ambiguity that the tone and character arc for the killer-protagonist is. I think it’s easy to mess up the “do I sympathize for him even though I know he’s a villain?”-dynamic with movies like these, but this one does it nearly perfectly and probably set the standard for many that followed as well.

It was also definitely interesting to see a movie that depicted haughty-toity British people, with that old celluloid technicolor look, in very sleazy subject matter (especially for the time, so it’s no shock it was so divisive in the still very stuffy British popular culture... this was like 15 or so years before the infamous “video nasty” campaigning). It was made by someone who had a great deal of experience making films, so the allegorical content related to the killer filming his victims, and his camera obsessions, shone through (to me) as a self-critique of genre films and filmmakers.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Currently watching - not bad for a sci-fi esque “Disney-lite” invasion of the body snatchers type deal (Netflix).
MV5BMGQyZWNmMTAtNWE2OS00YmE0LWE4OTEtY2Y0MTk3MGQwMzczXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTk3MjE0MDE@._V1_.jpg

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yes was disappointing . I want someone to make a good anthology horror movie again the last recent one that really stood out to me I think was rec :jbhmm: even creepshow has been disappointing. I watch it just because I have shudder

It's far from perfect, but every time I see someone mention a love of anthologies, I mention a horror movie called Southbound. My favorite story in Southbound (called the Accident) is from a guy who did my favorite story in the first V-H-S and I think he did the Ritual too...David Bruckner, a name to keep an eye out for in the horror world imo.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
How would ya'll feel about a universe with superheroes who fight lovecraftian monsters. Not marvel style think the Boys or umbrella academy .