Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
ROB ZOMBIE'S HALLOWEEN 2
NUEUrHI.jpg

The Good
Danielle Harris is the only good thing about this train wreck of a movie. As the doomed Annie Brackett she brings more depth and screen presence than all the other actors in this film combined. While I think both of these Halloween films would have been bad movies, I think having cast Harris as Lori instead of the wooden Scout Taylor-Compton would have improved at least one major failing of a seriously flawed film.

Speaking of Halloween, Here are The Real Goods
Since you fail to address any actual details and comparisons:
The New York Times refers to RZ as a counterpart to Carpenter in the sense that he draws upon the origin story in a sociological way, in comparison to Charles dikkens.
Halloween - Movie - Review

John Carpenter’s original 1978 “Halloween” was a slumber-party spook tale about a mask-clad bogeyman hacking his way through a sleepy Illinois suburb. Rob Zombie’s remake wants to be all that and a case study as well, devoting its first act to the childhood of the future serial killer Michael Myers, a chubby, sweet-faced, socially awkward boy whose mental illness is transformed into murderous rage by school bullies and a home life of dikkensian squalor.

He hires his wife.. because.. ummmm that's his wife. She brings a sense of originality to the screen instead of the dead eyed, and sometimes annoying scream queens that you're used to seeing in your family friendly fan fiction tales. There is nothing wrong with improvisation in a horror film.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Good
Not much to be perfectly honest…I did think that the first murder scene was really well done but things went downhill really fast after that.
Zombie sets out to explain Michael Myers murderous nature and spends the first half of the film making a serial killer docudrama complete with therapy sessions and early warning signs of monstrous behavior…basically he tries to inject a shot of realism to this familiar horror icon. While the execution was horrible I do commend Zombie for at least trying to turn the concept on its ear.
I will also give kudos to Zombie for not being a complete nitwit using the familiar Carpenter penned movie theme instead of trying to cover it himself.

The Bad
Where to start?
- The clumsy “origin” of Michael Myers that Zombie boiled down to his being raised by white trash (mom’s a stripper, step-dad is a drunken bum, sister is a skank);
- The serial killer cliché of Michael killing small animals;
- The totally pointless therapy scenes between Michael and Loomis that seemed like a 3rd graders idea of psychoanalysis;
- Malcolm McDowell’s cheesy acting;
- The bland victims who were devoid of any personality;
- The chick playing Laurie Stroud isn’t fit to carry Jamie Lee Curtis’ jockstrap;
- The rushed second half of the film that played out as if it was a by the numbers copy of Carpenters film up until the extra weak ending.
Directing as quoted DIRECTLY from Bloody-Disgusting
"I have to hand it to Rob Zombie, he directed the shyt out of most of Halloween. Say what you want about his script (which I will in a moment), but there is no doubt that Zombie has his own unique directing style, and he makes it work in the remake. The only thing that holds him back is his over-reliance on duplicating scenes (some shot-for-shot) from Carpenter’s original in the last half of the film. Zombie did have a daunting task though: stay faithful enough to the original film to satisfy purists, yet still somehow make the film feel fresh. It’s clear that Halloween II is really the movie that Zombie wanted to make, but he leaves enough of his mark on Halloween to the point that you can tell it’s a Rob Zombie film. The extreme close-ups on the actors’ faces during moments of dialogue, the almost grainy look to the film and the editing in the film are all trademark Zombie"

Carpenter's "Michael" lacked identity- he was a void. Zombie’s Michael is a "real person who grew up in a white trash family who suddenly snapped when his sister wouldn’t take him trick-or-treating. Carpenter relied on realism - his Halloween was like watching a home movie play out. Zombie created a "film" as an ode to Carpenter mixed in with the elements of extreme horror.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
man, i hope my kid scores some serious candy today.
ima tear his shyt up tomorrow.
:banderas:

Halloween is like a 2nd birthday for my pothead ass.
:wow:
There’s an influx of little kids around my way. I filled up boxes with candy and set them up outside my door. Let them have a free for all. I’m preparing for the 2nd wave - the teenagers
:lupe:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In keeping with the October 31st theme. I’m watching “31” on Shudder. This is actually the one that I haven’t seen before. I’ll be back with my own review.
:stopitslime:
UglyImpishChick-size_restricted.gif

ZwpB0lg.jpg

The Good
I’ll just let Det. Frank Drebin handle this one. Take it away, Frank!
PnwGycl.gif

You heard the man…scram! Aint nothing good coming from this movie.

The Bad
It is hard to narrow down all that was wrong with this cacophony of dreadfulness but I’ll try to address the most egregious cinematic crimes Rob Zombie committed in this movie:
The characters are not just vapid or paper thin, nope all of these characters are obnoxiously unlikable to the point that you wish they would all disappear or at the very least be rendered mute for the duration of the film.
The direction is like something a 14 year old would make after being given his first video camera.
I can’t believe that there was an actual script for this movie. I am leaning more towards the idea that Zombie gave his cast a general outline of what the movie was and told them to just make up shyt as they went along.
A homicidal Nazi dwarf who spoke Spanish probably seemed like a good idea during a long weed smoking session but it didn’t translate well to film at all.
uSvx80J.jpg

I get that Zombie loves his wife and likes working with her but Sherri Moon Zombie is an atrocious actress and would be disappointing in a bit part part let alone as the lead in a movie. So cut it out with the nepotism, Mr. Zombie.
Also Malcolm McDowell, Meg Foster, Judy Geeson and Jane Carr deserve much better from the entertainment biz in these twilight years of their careers than having to star in Rob Zombie’s semi-annual schlockfests.
U4bbZ8e.jpg

The Ugly
Why would anyone with a lick of common sense think it was a good idea to ask Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs to try and affect a Jamaican accent? And after seeing how comically bad his attempt was why wouldn’t someone nip that nonsense in the bud? Was Zombie high while shooting this?
ttGPqch.jpg

Final Verdict
A chaotic, sloppy, incoherent assault on the senses that is more obnoxious than being trapped on an airplane with a cabin full of crying babies; 31 is just another of Rob Zombie’s overly indulgent home movies that has officially wiped away any previous misconceptions that Zombie might have it in him to be a decent filmmaker. Utter trash.
lMj3VC2.gif

31 gets nothing from me and gets laughed at by Capt. Spaulding for being so garbage:
ZauHEvr.png

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
There’s an influx of little kids around my way. I filled up boxes with candy and set them up outside my door. Let them have a free for all. I’m preparing for the 2nd wave - the teenagers
A kid who lived in the development behind me did that...hed go to his grandparents for halloween and we would raid that shyt at like 4 pm :lolbron:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I got about 3 times as many teenagers than little kids begging for candy last night.