Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
I think I watched the first few min and said “yeah nah this ain’t for me”
Haha word
That is one sub genre that I cannot stand! Bug movies and creepy crawlers, spiders. I can’t watch those. I remember this Killer Bees horror movie and ever since that, I’ve been miss me with that. Bugs are my phobia in real life so I’m triggered. Rather deal with Michael or Jason than a swarm of bugs.
I didn’t realize it was literally about bugs haha

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Not in my estimation.

If it were a CW TV show it would be in the SUPERNATURAL/THE 100/IZOMBIE category.
Putting aside any side beefs, (momentarily),:stopitslime::lolbron: I totally agree.
@MartyMcFly his saying "CW" is not a put down, it's more of an ode to how CW caters to more of the younger sci-fi/horror fans with how the story is developed.
I'm around the same age range as Sam and Dean from Supernatural, so I remember when shows like Buffy, Charmed and Supernatural were being implemented- those shows were branded for my interest level without being too overly adult oriented with content. But for the most part - quality wise; Supernatural was still "must see tv" as far as I was concerned.
I don't know if you're familiar with this show called "Reign" also on CW, (which I liked a lot) but I wouldn't put it in the same content category as HBO's ("Rome").

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Putting aside any side beefs, (momentarily),:stopitslime::lolbron: I totally agree.
@MartyMcFly his saying "CW" is not a put down, it's more of an ode to how CW caters to more of the younger sci-fi/horror fans with how the story is developed.
I'm around the same age range as Sam and Dean from Supernatural, so I remember when shows like Buffy, Charmed and Supernatural were being implemented- those shows were branded for my interest level without being too overly adult oriented with content. But for the most part - quality wise; Supernatural was still "must see tv" as far as I was concerned.
I don't know if you're familiar with this show called "Reign" also on CW, (which I liked a lot) but I wouldn't put it in the same content category as HBO's ("Rome").
Yeah and that makes sense. Especially if I’m thinking of supernatural and Buffy, which are incredible

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
@MartyMcFly
I came across this interesting research analysis bc I know we discussed Romero before but I thought it was timely bc we were talking about The Blob, etc along with consumerism with an underlying theme to his movies.

"One Generation Consuming the Next: The Racial Critique of Consumerism in
George Romero’s Zombie Films" (2009).

https://digitalcommons.colby.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1475&context=honorstheses
In an interview with the New York Times, George Romero describes his zombie

films as “being about revolution, one generation consuming the next… all my films are

snapshots of North America at a particular moment. I have an ability within the genre to

do that.”1 Romero, one of the greatest innovators in the zombie film genre, uses gory

images of zombies consuming human flesh to represent what he sees as a crumbling

America.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@MartyMcFly
I came across this interesting research analysis bc I know we discussed Romero before but I thought it was timely bc we were talking about The Blob, etc along with consumerism with an underlying theme to his movies.

"One Generation Consuming the Next: The Racial Critique of Consumerism in
George Romero’s Zombie Films" (2009).

https://digitalcommons.colby.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1475&context=honorstheses
In an interview with the New York Times, George Romero describes his zombie

films as “being about revolution, one generation consuming the next… all my films are

snapshots of North America at a particular moment. I have an ability within the genre to

do that.”1 Romero, one of the greatest innovators in the zombie film genre, uses gory

images of zombies consuming human flesh to represent what he sees as a crumbling

America.
Dope shyt. Added it to my reading list