Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Busan was dope!

That other was weird and dumb, imo.

But i wonder how this one is (from same director). Cannot find a stream:

I had such high hopes for Piercing when I watched last year, I like Chris Abbott and Wasikowski is sometimes very on-point (sometimes not) but was pretty disappointed. For some, I feel like they will love this, but it ripped off too many movies and didn't pack a real punch of its own to me. I think the director had his eye on the fences instead of the ball, so to speak.

Train to Busan rocked.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Friday night's movies were "Trick R Treat" & this year's "Haunt" - last night's movie was "Red Road".

Trick R Treat
- A lot of fanfare... for what? It's too many things to ever nail one idea, which is interesting because it seems to be one of the most praised anthology movies. Too glossy and polished to be dumb fun, too dumb to be actually funny or disturbing or memorable in any way. I know you're supposed to take everything with a grain of salt in horror but this one took the whole shaker, every few minutes I found myself saying "wow" and not in a good way. Super disappointed by this one.

Haunt
- Not a bad romp, takes the idea of a group of teens are trapped in a funhouse/puzzlebox type place and do what they can to get out while the body count stacks. Good kills and though it's fairly gruesome it doesn't get to a squeamish point (but I was a little drunk and high so that might have helped as a buffer).
Shudder originals have the benefit of 1. filmmakers who watched a lot of horror and know the tropes, and 2. filmmakers who are hungry enough for a break to take an extra step or two of care to add an extra layer to the story. This goes for the "girl with past abuse takes this new horrific situation as a reckoning for her trauma" theme, with mixed results. The bad guys are original enough, the saving grace being that their whole story of existence is not explained but left for inference.

Red Road
- Been on my watchlist forever, I liked the idea of a CCTV operator watching a criminal from her past. It takes the very indie-euro approach of slowly unraveling the protagonist's backstory through small lines of dialogue, letting you guess the source of her grief for the bulk of the runtime. The cinematography and settings were gorgeous in their depiction of dismal Scottish urban landscape and the people who inhabit it. As it turned out, it was much less of a horror/thriller than I anticipated and more of a character study of grief and trauma. I've watched a few dumb movies this week so I wasn't mad at the gear-shift, but definitely went in expecting something much different. Still recommended.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Watched Eli on NETFLIX.
Like someone said in that NETFLIX thread, shyt wasnt all that but I had to know just where it was going.
Cant front, the fukkery levels of like the last 20 minutes was actually worth it.
:pachaha:

That shyt jumped on the "what the hell" train and went FULL STEAM AHEAD!!
:russ:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched Eli on NETFLIX.
Like someone said in that NETFLIX thread, shyt wasnt all that but I had to know just where it was going.
Cant front, the fukkery levels of like the last 20 minutes was actually worth it.
:pachaha:

That shyt jumped on the "what the hell" train and went FULL STEAM AHEAD!!
:russ:
Just was about to post about it . Great movie to me . Especially that ending . I booked my tickets for countdown this week as well :yeshrug: why not I got amc alist . Disappointed I can’t see dr sleep early because I already got tickets to see the dub of one piece stampede

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@MartyMcFly @Jello Biafra @Daredevil

Can anyone vouch for this and the rest of the movies on Hulu for Halloween?

Fractured and Eli on Netflix were better than expected
Haven't watched TRESPASSERS yet but I have watched all of the INTO THE DARK movie series and they all range from mediocre to absolute shyt.
Watched WOUNDS yesterday and it was somehow incoherent and dull as shyt.
Hulu is very hit and miss (seems like mostly miss) when it comes to horror.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I watched Ju-On 2. Pretty enjoyable. The first one was better of course. Both films put the American versions to shame.
Like maybe my memory is off, but the American versions split up a bunch of material from part 1's Japanese version.
From my memory, it seems like America's Grudge was dumbed down and focused on one main character.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Just finished watching this , ELi - every interesting take on an exorcism movie with an unexpected psychological twist I give it 6,5/10
Eli-Netflix-Original-Horror-Preview.jpg