Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Which one is that about?
Robert Eggers’ latest, the guy who made The Witch. Pattinson, dafoe, mysterious spooky stuff in B&W... yes please daddy

what I’m really excited for is Eggers version of Nosferatu, that shyt looks like it could be piffers

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Last night’s movie was “The Addiction” by Abel Ferrara. I’ve only seen a couple of his movies and I like his style, this one seemed pretty touted too. The whole movie is less about day-to-day vampire stuff and more of Ferrara and his frequently-collaborated screenwriter Nicholas St. John ruminating on moral relativism and the culpability of all humanity for crimes and depravity, and what it means to have human instinct while also having the ability to moralize and reject the often-evil nature of humanity. That is to say that this was very much a philosophical vehicle for them; it played a lot like a 90s Jarmusch movie but had a bit better sense of moving a plot forward haha.

It also focuses a lot on the nature of drug addiction and how some folks cope. Walken plays an awesome character, a vampire who has molded his life to mimic humanity as much as possible, surviving on only sparing amounts of blood and conditioning himself to eat and drink. Reminded me of “functioning addicts” and the kind of half-life that you lead when you have a monkey on your back.

Not really scary in any sense but had a few cool scenes that kept it from being too philosophical and boring. Just like my favorite vampire movie, Martin, I was only able to watch this on YouTube :tongue:

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Last two nights movies were Empire Pictures’ (Stuart Gordon, Yuzna/Band) “Dolls”. Was surprised by how entertaining this was, the characters were great. I love Re-Animator and I would rank this one right up there with it, great script.

Got home late from class so I just watched “Martin” again. @Flex Grossman did you ever watch? I know you mentioned it the other week

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Last two nights movies were Empire Pictures’ (Stuart Gordon, Yuzna/Band) “Dolls”. Was surprised by how entertaining this was, the characters were great. I love Re-Animator and I would rank this one right up there with it, great script.

Got home late from class so I just watched “Martin” again. @Flex Grossman did you ever watch? I know you mentioned it the other week
Nah I was trying to get to it on the fire stick but didn’t have any luck. Ended up watching something else. I think it’s on Tubi or one of those, I’ll track it down one of these days